Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: what happens to my Nook when B&N sells???

Love it!!!!!!  :smileyvery-happy:

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

sub_rosa wrote:

To answer Larry's question directly:  My Jag lost a step or two when Ford bought the company.

:smileyvery-happy:

Should have traded that old XJS in for an XKR!!

Scribe
lkmiller

JohnP51 wrote:

The mothership is scheduled to come down and beam all nooks back aboard ship they can all return to the planet Nooktoon in the galaxy of Nooklevania.

All your nook are belong to us!

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI

Why B&N for sale is a GOOD thing

When the stock price of a publicly traded company drops, the board comes under pressure from investors to take immediate action to boost the stock price.

Large institutional investors can demand that the board drop expensive, long term projects, like the NOOK and eBooks, in favor of short term gains.

The sale of the company to a corporation, consortium, or individual with a long term vision for the company removes this pressure allowing them to pursue projects and strategies (like NOOK) which require significant investments of time and money before paying off.

Distinguished Correspondent
Tboner
0 Kudos

RedRapier wrote:

flyingtoastr wrote:

Can an admin check the IP's on all these "BN is being sold" threads that are cropping up today? I'm starting to get the distinct impression we're being trolled.

or at the very least can we get all these threads merged?

With all due respect. If it bugs you (and it does me) you can help the situation by sending a list of links to the mods so they don't have to drill through whole forum looking for them.

I've found that they get merged lickety split when I do.

Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

Re: Barnes & Noble May Sell Company

[ Edited ]

I am thinking if B&N sells, then our issues will be exactly the same as the Y2K issues when the world went from the year 1999 to the year 2000.  Remember all the panic surrounding that?  So I say we should all run out and buy up all the bottled water and canned goods and Godiva chocolate that we can right now and get prepared...:smileywink::smileyvery-happy:

p.s.  I still can't find my backlight!!:smileyvery-happy:

Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

Grammaknits02 wrote:

did you look behind the couch?

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

RedRapier wrote:

Grammaknits02 wrote:

did you look behind the couch?

I checked--nope, not behind the couch!!!!! :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:

Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
Contributor
ukiyo-e
0 Kudos

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

You're late to the party

ukiyo-e wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203513604577142481239801336.html

Why did you bring this up now?  The article is over a year old, and the thread itself is 2.5 years old.

Die zombie thread, die!

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716