Frequent Contributor
reba115
0 Kudos

Re: Bible on nook?

Katie - I asked our pastor to please include references to the sermon outline printed in our bulletin, which he has done.  I get to church a little early and bookmark all references so I am ready for the sermon.  That works well.  And I also read 4 chapters a day, reading from Genesis to Revelation.  No problem there.  But I agree with you and wish for an easier way to navigate for Sunday School and Bible Studies.  Thank you for posting your question.   Rosa-thank you for the link.  I have NIV on my nook and now have ESV as well.  Awaiting the Shout!

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

The only drawback I have with that ESV version is that the search feature does not cover the entire Bible. Just that page or chapter. The Zondervan NIV nookbook I have will search the entire Bible. But hey. For a free eBible, I can live with that one limitation.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Correspondent
NanaLou
0 Kudos

There is a version of the Bible in ebook format for the Kindle that you can navigate book-chapter-verse by simply remembering the two letter code for book and adding the chapter and verse number.  Ex:  John 3:16   search:  jn.3.16  will take you to the verse very quickly.  It is King James ASV.  Maybe this version can be added to the B&N Books.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

NanaLou wrote:

There is a version of the Bible in ebook format for the Kindle that you can navigate book-chapter-verse by simply remembering the two letter code for book and adding the chapter and verse number.  Ex:  John 3:16   search:  jn.3.16  will take you to the verse very quickly.  It is King James ASV.  Maybe this version can be added to the B&N Books.

That actually sounds pretty cool.

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
Frequent Contributor
sewingladyNJ
0 Kudos

The KJV Bible Memory Version  guys, guys, guys; I haven't used an actual nook yet, just have it on my phone; but this book has hot points to jump from scripture to scripture; it's intended to help you memorize scripture, but it does allow you to look for verses.

I have it on my android phone now, like i said haven't had the chance to try it on the nook - but i will on Friday!!!!  Oh and the price is very good also.

ctr
Reader 2
ctr
0 Kudos

If you have an Android based phone the YouVersion Bible app is exactly what everyone needs.  You can choose the version of the Bible that you prefer as well as it is easy to get to a specific chapter and verse.  If you choose to take on this project and are willing to read part of the Bible as you go along I suggest you start in the book of John.  The Bible is not like most books where you have to start at the beginning and go to the end to undertand what is going on:smileyhappy: 

Contributor
JenSim
0 Kudos

I have tried several versions of the Bible on my Nook, however, I must agree with the consensus.  The e-book versions of the Bible have very poor navigation--making it clunky to find specific verses or follow a rabbit-trail through commentaries. 

If you intend to do a reading plan, or know the specific verses you want to read, then the e-book may work for you.  However, if you want to be able to skip around and follow different verses mentioned in the study bible, the e-book isn't a good choice. 

Original Nook owner since June 2010
Nook 2 (non-color) since June 2011
Contributor
Godiva77
0 Kudos

The best mobile Bible software I've used has been MyBible by Laridian Bible Software. I have it on an older Palm Treo 650.  The navigation menu is simple to use...the names of all of the books of the Bible are on one screen, and you click on the book you want.  This brings up a screen with the numbers for each chapter in that book; again you click on the chapter you want.  Lastly, a screen with each verse in that chapter is displayed and you can select the verse; this brings you to the desired book and chapter with the selected verse at the top of the screen. You can then scroll up or down to read the surrounding verses.  This navigation method is intuitive and quick.  Anyone think they can come up with a Nook Bible like that?

New User
jeanette53
0 Kudos

I just got a nook for CHristmas.

How do I download the bible NIV version?

Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook
0 Kudos

You don't say what nook you have or whether you are talking about an ebook or app so...

Frequent Contributor
karlpov
0 Kudos

The Mobilreference King James (illustrated) has a table of contents and when you get click on the book, the top of the first page has hyperlinks to chapters. How much simpler can it be? It's true that epub is not made to act as a concordance, but then there is Bible software galore to help you that way, just not in a conventional ebook format since this is not something one customarily does with a book one is actually reading. As one who's done so, I highly recommend reading each book from start to finish instead of the sort of sampling most Bible users seem to prefer. (I'm an unbeliever and the experience did nothing to change my mind, BTW. I can see why the Catholic Church tried to prevent vulgate translations.)

Frequent Contributor
karlpov
0 Kudos

The NIV is a commercial product still under copyright, so as far as I know you'll have to pay for it. There is a variety of epub NIVs available from B&N starting at $10. Just go to bn.com and search bible niv ebook.

Reader
retiredchef
0 Kudos

I am 80 have 2 different bibles on my tablet, my comprehension is not greatest BUT

I went to local B&N Waco stated similar problem that started this thread and because of the one on one I received I can now challenge anyone to name a chapter and verse ang I can get there in minute ot less.