AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
0 Kudos

Re: Book light LOUSY customer satisfaction

I purchased the industriell cover in my store for $29.95 (Somerville, NJ) the day I bought my Nook.  They had the designer ones as well but I thought it was absurd to pay almost 25% of the cost of the Nook for a cover.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

[ Edited ]

DHawthorne wrote:

Ironically enough, I found the best (for my tastes) carry case for my Nook on Amazon, and cover on eBay. BN is having stock issues with their accessories, and I just decided I didn't want to wait for them. Besides, the BN stuff is way too pricey. The only one available in my local store was a simple canvas sleeve with a strap that flips over the open end ... and it cost $65. Forget that, and no, I am not impressed that it is "designer."  :smileyhappy:.

Ok, I understand not wanting to buy a $65 sleeve and yes stock is still limited in many stores, but did you look at those available online from B&N?  There are several in a lower price range to choose from and your post makes it sound like the only ones availabe are too expensive.  You ended up buying online, anyway, so the issue of them not having them in the store isn't really an issue at all.  I might in my stupidity then ask, how many Amazon cases or ebay covers did they have in their B&M stores?

The reason I say this is because I got the Sinclair cover in earth from BN online.  It was $29.95, leather, and it looks great and is fantastic.  I flip the front flap around to the back when reading and it has yet to show any signs of stress. 

I'm not saying you would have found one on the BN site that you like, but simply because they haven't got a great supply yet instore when you bought online is like apples and oranges to me.  You make it sound like they only sell covers in their stores.

That being said, I would gladly pay a higher price for one of the Oberon covers, if I could justify it and if it had the same inside feature for holding the nook that my cover does.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

@deemure

AMEN to all of that!  I like my apples with my apples and my oranges with my oranges.  :smileywink:

I have the Adler and like you, I love the tray on the bottom, it's secure and it's steady.

Contributor
nookfan249
0 Kudos

Cancel your order and order one from medgestore.com - you'll have it in less than a week.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Anyone who is upset about not getting what they want when they want it probably should remember 3 main things:

1. These are wants.
  2. And you have no one to blame for this but yourselves.  You have made "just in time" delivery the law of the land in retail world.  Because, you shop like lemmings at the largest retailer in the world that made this their mantra, you continue to make them more successful and encourage them to sell increasingly crappier products for less in quantities that they suppose the public will buy.  When I was young if it wasn't on the shelf, you'd ask a sales clerk if they had more in the back room and the clerk would happily go check.  Stores don't have back rooms anymore and the stock they have is on the shelves.  They have to use their crystal balls and envision what quantity can be stocked based on what they think their customers will buy before they have to pay interest on that stock.
  3. These are wants.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Frequent Contributor
imno007
0 Kudos

Their Nook accessories are generally overpriced anyway, I'd shop elsewhere. I got a Nook Screen Film, exactly the same as the white one B&N sells but without the logo and black (much cooler in my opinion) for $4 less, and shipping was free.

Really like that Nepprene Sleeve Case with a light that's on Amazon. Good price. Thanks to the person who pointed it out.

Reader
SusannaMikk
0 Kudos

I am sooooooo excited! I have given up on the B &N light cover! I just received my Nook cover with light from www.periscopelight.com.  It cost me $57.94 with shipping.  And it was worth it! I am very happy.  Unfortunately I already have a scratch on my screen..  So I wouldn't delay in ordering SOMETHING! This is really a beautiful cover!

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

If you're that impatient for a case go to any Walmart or Target and buy a netbook neoprene sleeve.  It won't fit it perfrectly but will protect it until you find or get the case you want and you can sometimes get them on sale for about $5.  Sorry, but I really don't like people who think that they're owed something just because there has been a delay in shipping.  It's because of people like you that demand a free replacement product when an order doesn't get filled fast enough that causes prices to go up for everyone. Correct me if I'm wrong about this but you do say that you want them to SEND you a $20 book cover until you get the one you ordered - no where do you say that you want to PURCHASE a $20 book cover - believe me if they do send you one you will end up paying for it when they have to raise their prices because of people like you wanting them to send "free" stuff.

Distinguished Wordsmith
eDigest
0 Kudos

@SusannaMikk

Which cover did you get?

I just received an email that the Flip will be shipping in June and have been patiently waiting since nothing show "nook" compatible on their website.

How is the light?

Contributor
wetpaintkid
0 Kudos

I got my Nook in mid-February...ordered the Alice Cover & the Light online the same day & paid for both. Both were on back order. Got the Light in about 3 weeks...but the statement said the cover would not be available until April 10. I was happily surprised when the cover showed up in the mail on April 9th!!! I love the Nook, I love the Light & I love the Alice Cover. Well worth the wait.

If I can stop one heart from breaking ~ I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson