Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

Re: Broken Nook, Defective Customer Service

Hi!  I'm a Geranium! 

I read the warranty before I bought it.  I actually understood the warranty rather than just assuming it was what I wanted.

Geraniums, and the occasional tulip, is smart!

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Inspired Correspondent
ivers
0 Kudos

That plants line is a good one. Right now B&N can't even be bothered to admin this board. I doubt they'd bother with plants.

But if we get to pick I call shamrock.

Correspondent
bayboatin
0 Kudos

It still amazes me that people insist they should get a new product to replace a used product. I returned my Nook twice in the first year. I have a refurb now and couldn't be happier with it.

I'm just happy they replaced mine with no problem.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ivers wrote:

But if we get to pick I call shamrock.

Hello Shamrock!  I'm Geranium!  Pleasure to smell you.  Tho, truth be told, you do kind of smell like a weed.

And if Tulip and Crysanthimum don't show up soon, I'm gonna be mad!!!  (that's 3 exclamation points to show I mean bizznuss) :smileymad:

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ok I'll play.  I'm a troll-eating Venus Flytrap who likes colanders for dessert!

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

I'll be a styrax obassia

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@The Plants

You all make a lovely garden on this dreary midwinter day!  :smileyvery-happy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

Well, now the party crashers showed up.

We have Venus Fly Trap, Black-eyed Susan (though she really seem much more like a heather) and a foreign exchange student, styrax obassia. 

We won't bother calling immigration on the last one as it seems worthless these days. 

What else can an old curdmudgeon say but "Get off mah lawn!"

I just love daisy dammit.  Where's my precious, precious Daisy?

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

Do you read while you watch your garden grow?
Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

Just to prove that lawyers can do Latin as well as doctors (:smileywink: to shilohMD), I'll be a Helleborus niger (that's a Christmas rose to all you plebeians).

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

BrandieC wrote:

Just to prove that lawyers can do Latin as well as doctors (:smileywink: to shilohMD), I'll be a Helleborus niger (that's a Christmas rose to all you plebeians).

We have those as well -- and a sizable collection of hemerocallis (including blooms, if we can keep the odocoileus virginianus away from them)

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

Today I'm a Dianthus Caryophyllus.  Tomorrow I may be a Lilium Lancifolium.  Maybe.  It depends on my mood.  :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

Scottish Thistle here....yeah, that's right, I'm in a mood. Even if it is Friday!

But at least I'll never be an Apple....

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

We have...Black-eyed Susan (though she really seem much more like a heather)

I'm not sure whether this is a compliment or not.  :smileytongue:

Why a heather?

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ruby Begonia at this end

For the life of me, I am at a total loss where accountability and plain decent honesty have gone - are we becoming a morally bankrupt society with evidence of a total lack of social mores?

Just because it is a corporation and "you" feel "wronged", even with the clearly demonstrated warranty terms and lack of foresight to purchase an extended warranty - there is still the expectation of more than "you" deserve? 

If "you" do not get it, "you" will lie (double entendre intended) on the kitchen floor like a 2 year old and have a tantrum.....golly, getting old sucks, personally I lack the energy or desire to behave that way any longer.

Have at it, my dignity will at least remain intact, and since I avoid the public, I will not see the behavior that would mightly embarass me on/for your part, if I was to witness it.

Professional skeptic at this end, my idealism is all but run out.

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy:Ohhh can I play the role of *hyacinth*

I give up on the entitled, there is just no reasoning with them.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Jenniisme wrote:

I give up on the entitled, there is just no reasoning with them.

But it's SO much fine shining the spotlight on them... :smileyhappy:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

Well my Nook just broke yesterday. I'm sad to say.  At first I was like a refurbished nook...ewww...but reading your post I realize your right, I've enjoyed 7 months of good use of my Nook...so maybe it isn't so bad.

New User
Karen1990
0 Kudos

I just send my Nook that I purchased Months ago and I hope that the new replacement for it is not a returned one. My original Nook just like yours was freezing and I tried everything that the BN page told me to do but still nothing. I was happy that they decided that it was worthy to be replaced but now reading your message is making me very doubtful. I was also trying to upgrade it to a NookColor since when I bought my Nook their was no Nook Color available but I was told that was not possible. I thought since I would just be paying the difference to be able to upgrade that they would let me but when I asked the question I literally heard the customer service assistant laugh at me and told me that was not an option at this moment. Please BN don't let me down and send me a new unopened NOOK.. Even if I am not able to upgrade I want  a working device that I already paid for!!