Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Neighner
0 Kudos

Can I sell my Nook?

I am thinking about selling my regular Nook and buying a NookColor.  Am I able to do this?  What process would I have to go through to get my things off of it and ready for the next person? 

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518

Re: Can I sell my Nook?

Just to to Settings-Device-Unregister your Nook.  Then when you get your Nook Color use your current account and everything from B&N will show up again.  Anything in your My Documents folder will have to be copied manually.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

After you buy your NOOKcolor (which you may have difficulty finding; stock is reportedly running out), just unregister your NOOK and do a "reset to factory settings". That will wipe everything in the main memory. If you have an added micro-SD card, be sure to remove that.

If you have an extended warranty, you'll need to contact the warranty company and have them transfer it to the new owner. The standard factory warranty is not transferable.

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I was just at my local BN and asked about the Nookcolor.

They are out of stock and don't expect any before Feb 15.  You might want to hang onto your Nook for a while.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

They are shipping now. no more delays.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Frequent Contributor
Barbara1955
0 Kudos

My local Books A Million store still has some.....IF there is a store near you check with them!  They also have a 30 day return policy!

Inspired Contributor
MAD70601
0 Kudos

Your Books-a-Million sells nooks??  Is that a typo/mistake, or is this something I didn't yet know.  I have a BAM in my town, but no B&N.

Mark

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

Yes, Books-A-Million is one of the stores that sells NOOKs. As does Walmart, Best Buy, and of course B&N.

Inspired Contributor
MAD70601
0 Kudos

Thanks, Doug - I knew about WalMart and Best Buy.  BAM surprises me, since they are DIRECT comptetition for B&N.  Just surprised, that's all.

Mark:smileysurprised:

New User
tsinito
0 Kudos

Hi,

I purchased a Nook color a month ago and barely used it. It's almost in new condition, I still have the box and receipt.

Im thinking of selling it?

Let me know if you're interested.

thanks.

Neighner wrote:

I am thinking about selling my regular Nook and buying a NookColor.  Am I able to do this?  What process would I have to go through to get my things off of it and ready for the next person? 

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
0 Kudos

You might try E-Bay, it appears that that venue has excellent results.

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Best Buy has a buy back program that could be helpful for you.  Also e-bay could be an opition to sell your nook classic. 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Frequent Contributor
RobinDB
0 Kudos

Neighner wrote:

Let me know if you are, maybe interested if its in good condition, complete and boxed.

thanks

Contributor
GloriaCT
0 Kudos

Sure, you can sell it, but will you be able to find a buyer?  I'm on my fourth Nook in 13 months and would not pay more than $10 for a new one.  They are just too unreliable.

The new buyer will have to either set up a B & N account or load books via USB cable from a computer.  Books can be bought from many on-line sources.. 

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

GloriaCT wrote:

Sure, you can sell it, but will you be able to find a buyer?  I'm on my fourth Nook in 13 months and would not pay more than $10 for a new one.  They are just too unreliable.

The new buyer will have to either set up a B & N account or load books via USB cable from a computer.  Books can be bought from many on-line sources.. 

I seriously don't think your experience is typical.  The only problem I've ever had with my Nook is the bezel cracking.  I got a replacement for that one and haven't had problems with the replacement either.   I feel bad for your bad luck that you've needed 4 Nooks but at some point I have to say "huh"?

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Correspondent
smiller492
0 Kudos

I had my original since Dec 09, had it replace Oct 10, but four replacements?

New User
rpc337
0 Kudos

I totally agree.  Unfortunately,  you have had a run of bad luck.  I bought my Nook in Dec/2009 (one of the first ones) and LOVE it...i've not had a moments trouble with it, althought recently the page turn button cracke and I contacted customer service about what to do.  Within 2 days, I received a replacement for it.  Sorry for you issues.

New User
Han3623
0 Kudos

I'm also a very unhappy Nook owner.  I'm on my third in 13 months and really wish I had waited. 

New User
rhondav
0 Kudos

Did you get your nook color yet? I want to sell mine because I never use it. There is nothing wrong with it. I have the original box and everything.

Let me know!

New User
iobject
0 Kudos

if anyone is interested i am selling a brand new nook hd Snow.. still in the plastic for $80.00

if u are interested i can be contacted at concreteki@gmail.com