Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
sandra62
0 Kudos

Cannot find book i ordered

I purchased an ebook online and thought it would go to my nook but when looking in my library, it's not there.  Where is it and what do I do?  Thanks

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot find book i ordered

sandra62 wrote:

I purchased an ebook online and thought it would go to my nook but when looking in my library, it's not there.  Where is it and what do I do?  Thanks

You purchased the ebook from B&N?  Have you checked your nook for new content?

New User
sandra62
0 Kudos

yes to both questions

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@sandra62

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

Make sure that Airplane Mode is turned off, then go to your B&N Library and tap "Check for New B&N Content" again.

Do you have an active WiFi connection?  If you don't, but you have a 3G/WiFi Nook, most books will still download via 3G, but some are too big and require WiFi.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Distinguished Correspondent
PBReilley
0 Kudos

sandra62 wrote:

yes to both questions

Did you check your order status online at bn.com?  It should say "Shipped" if the book was sent, otherwise "Not Yet Shipped". 

How long has it been since your order? Nearly all get sent right away but a couple of books I have ordered took a couple of hours.  Keep checking for new content. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

sandra62 wrote:

yes to both questions

Have you confirmed that it's in your online B&N library?

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

sandra62 wrote:

yes to both questions

Set the view options in your library on the nook to "Most Recent" so it will show up at the top of the list.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
sandra62
0 Kudos

yes, the book is in my online b&n but not in my nook.  I was told to go to "check for new b&n products in my nook to investigate.  I am doing that now

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

That was going to be my suggestion.  Did you find the book?  They don't necessarily show up automagically.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Contributor
shortee
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot find book I ordered

I just had that same problem 2 weeks ago. I called customer service, and they tried helping me. They will walk you threw a step by step process to help you. Sometimes there is a problem with the book, and it wont download, and if that is the case they will pull the book to fix it, and refund your money.  I'll find the number, and give it to you. :smileyhappy:

Shortee
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Perhaps you can use the Nook for PC app to download it to your PC and then side-load it to the nook.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
New User
frazzie
0 Kudos

my books I bought does not load of my nook

Contributor
shortee
0 Kudos

Did you unregister and reregister your nook?? That like 3 times. If it don't work call the customer support number I put on my last comment. If there is a problem with the book they wont fix it cause they don't know about it, and if they don't know about it they can't refund your money.

Shortee
Distinguished Correspondent
jamartMF
0 Kudos

Sometimes after checking for new content I have had to power my Nook all the way off.  Hold the power button for 10 secs and wait a couple minutes and power your Nook back on.  Hope this helps.