Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
deyaP
0 Kudos

Certain Areas of my nook touch screen are not working

I have turned it off..let it rest for like 2 weeks but the same problem occurs.. the left and right side are not working?...what do i do

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: Certain Areas of my nook touch screen are not working

[ Edited ]

message deleted

New User
Kaii
0 Kudos

Me too and i can't find a way to fix this problem for my Nook
Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Just to be sure: Are you using the dual screen First Edition or the single screen Simple Touch model? The two shared a forum for a while, but this forum is now targeted at First Edition users. The Simple Touch models use a quite different technology to detect your touch than the First Edition, Color and various Tablet models.

Please let us know which model you are using and if you have cleaned the screen itself and if you are using a Simple Touch the narrow gap between the screen and the frame. Don't spray any water or liquid cleaner on the reader itself, as it might run into the device interior and short the sensitive digital electronics out.