Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
michele1978
0 Kudos

Changing email and password on my nook

How do I change my email and password on my nook?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Changing email and password on my nook

@michele1978

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

Your e-mail and password have to be the same on your B&N account and your Nook, if you want your Nook to access your library on the B&N servers.

If you've already changed the e-mail and password on your B&N account, first change it back to the same ones on your Nook.

Unregister your Nook.

Change the e-mail and password on your B&N account to the new ones.

Register your Nook, using the new e-mail and password.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
zerk
0 Kudos

cant be done because i dont remember my original password...this is going in circles.

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

Click on "Forgot your password?" on the BN Sign in page.
New User
NewNookreader66
0 Kudos

I have been having trouble with the pass word on my nook book. First I told B&N that I could not remember my Pass word. So they sent me and E-mail and I changed it. Then my Nook asked me to put in my new pass word, so I did, but I messed it up and it locked me out. This is the 3rd time to day that I have tryed. It will not except it because I must be putting in something wrong. Now I am locked out again. Help.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

NewNookreader66 wrote:

I have been having trouble with the pass word on my nook book. First I told B&N that I could not remember my Pass word. So they sent me and E-mail and I changed it. Then my Nook asked me to put in my new pass word, so I did, but I messed it up and it locked me out. This is the 3rd time to day that I have tryed. It will not except it because I must be putting in something wrong. Now I am locked out again. Help.

Password on your Nook book?

Nook book unlock codes (passwords) consosit of the name on the credit card used to download the book along with the credit card number.

New User
0 Kudos

I had the same problem From your e-mail, click the location button (mine says "columbus (17)". click accounts. You can add accounts there or change the password by clicking on the setting button
New User
Boxerluver
0 Kudos

I was having same issue so I just clicked settings, email settings, click on the account you want to change, scroll to bottom and remove account. Then add it back in. I had no problems.