Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
hollygNJ
0 Kudos

Classes at BN for using the Nook

Has anyone attended one? There is one being given at my local BN. I called about the one tomorrow, but it's filled. There's another one November 29, and I'm going to that one.

I'm reasonably good with it, and my husband sideloads for me. It'll be interesting to see what tips they offer.

Holly

Distinguished Correspondent
mousetater
0 Kudos

Re: Classes at BN for using the Nook

I happened upon a class by accident about a week after I got my NOOK.  It was interesting, and as a newbie, I picked up a bunch of tips and learned of some features I didn't know about.  For those who have recently purchased a NOOK,  I think you will find it worth your time.

Inspired Contributor
Katie_798
0 Kudos

I'd love to hear about some of these tips!

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

I helped run a class on the nook even once because I pay alot of attention to the boards here and also another board I go to and I think I might have known a bit more than the Nook person I was helping. She actually asked me to help but I keep on forgetting to check the calendar or have something remind me to go help again.

What questions are you having?

Inspired Contributor
Katie_798

Oh, no questions in particular; just interested in what kinds of tips they give in these classes

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

well they help with Highlighting which to me is still really kinda confusing anyway. Bookmarking, changing the size of the font, sideloading, the micro sd card.

I also helped them find books from other sites as well if needed, to be sideloaded of course.

Frequent Contributor
LizJ70

Alanakat wrote:

I helped run a class on the nook even once because I pay alot of attention to the boards here and also another board I go to and I think I might have known a bit more than the Nook person I was helping. She actually asked me to help but I keep on forgetting to check the calendar or have something remind me to go help again.

What questions are you having?

I actually had this same experience at the first Nook class that I attended.  I also attended another Nook class at at different store because my mother was interested and wanted to see what it was like.  The second class was much more informative and I actually learned a couple of things.  But by far, I've learned more from reading these boards than reading the manual or attending the classes.