Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
k22teacher
0 Kudos

Cleaning Nook Color Screen

What is the best way to clean the screen on the Nook Color?

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: Cleaning Nook Color Screen

I use the micro fiber cloth that came with my glare sheets. I know it's got gorilla glass, so it would take a lot to scratch it, but I would be very careful with wet stuff. Maybe just a drop of water on a soft cloth.

Inspired Contributor
littlelotus2000
0 Kudos

I use a microfiber glasses-cleaning cloth: I do the steam-it-with-your-breath thing, which is really easy right now, it's so cold. Then quickly wipe the area before the steam evaporates. This cleans it perfectly!

Inspired Contributor
TheBeerSoapCompany
0 Kudos

I use the cloth I got with my anti glare, and up until now for some reason I thought it came with my Nook Color, lol.  

Contributor
nookseller
0 Kudos

I use the cleaning packets from LensCrafters that I bought for my eye glasses. Works perfectly, and I'm sure it's not going to hurt the gorilla glass. Loving my NookColor!

Reader
avidreader1985
0 Kudos

I actually use a soft cloth with a small spritz of Windex on it.  I am still waiting for my protective screen cover to come in the mail (just got my Nook Color a few days ago), so it's been working great in the interim.  Since it has the Gorilla Glass, it doesn't seem to damage it.  Gives it nice shine and no fingerprints!!  As I said though, I only put a small spray on the cloth, wipe it down once or twice, and then wipe it with a dry piece of the cloth until all the marks are gone.

Frequent Contributor
rfbarr
0 Kudos

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggfoam.php

I love the zagg foam works like magic.

Distinguished Correspondent
yoshipumkin
0 Kudos

I always put a screen protector on my devices.  That way I can clean it with whatever I want and not worry about scratching the actual glass.  Since the NC is so new, it's still kind of hard to find good quality screen protectors.  I purchased on for the Apple iPad made by Splash and cut it down to size.  Took two tries :smileysurprised: but the quality is good.  I can't tell I have a screen protector on.  There's no diminished clarity.  Some people worry that there might be increased glare with screen protectors, but I can't speak to that because I added the protector to my Nook right out of the box.

Frequent Contributor
768MPH
0 Kudos

I use my finger - I wipe it back and forth and the prints are gone. No mess no fuss!

Mr. Pink
New User
dream-nerd
0 Kudos

Ummm...you should NEVER use Windex on ANY type of electronic device.  The chemicals in Windex can be very harmful.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

Never use anything ammonia based on your screen, it will damage the finish. In addition, I strongly suggest that any cleaner you do use be applied to the cloth rather than directly to the screen
my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
New User
nikkih70
0 Kudos

thanks for posting...this helped a ton!!

Contributor
kevinlovesbooks
0 Kudos

I heard you shouldnt use Windex because the alcohol can mess up the screen. What I use is a microfiber cloth and my breath. Works great.