Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
mettleh3d
0 Kudos

Comparing Fonts epub for your convenience

http://www.fileserve.com/file/uUpxQqw

Hey guys,

I made a quick 1 page epub of the alphabet and numbers so you guys can quickly, visually compare the different fonts on the N2E (N1E should work as well) since many of you claim some of the fonts appear to be too similar. 

Just open the document, and change fonts and compare the differences visually.

Thanks

Distinguished Correspondent
naylorchic
0 Kudos

Re: Comparing Fonts epub for your convenience

[ Edited ]

I have SEVERAL books where the fonts won't change on my N2E. It'll only change on the title & words that are in italics. I wonder if that's why a lot of users think the fonts look so similar. Maybe the fonts look similar b/c it's not changing the font. It won't change the spacing on those books either.

Distinguished Correspondent
Arestelle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oh yeah, I remember that happening with a recent Free Friday book I DL'ed. That could be it -- the fonts all look quite different to me!

Ed.: Holy popups McGee! I didn't manage to DL the thing, and after the popups and the site's hard sell to register for "faster" download I won't try again, but thanks for the effort.

"One day a tortoise will learn how to fly."--Pratchett, Small Gods

Reading: The Demon-Haunted World
Last book read: Leon Martin and the Fantasy Girl (as a test reader--not yet published)
Frequent Contributor
mettleh3d
0 Kudos

I've had one title where fonts would not change; they seemed Publisher "locked" or something. Only occurred once though.

Also, use the "regular download" link and follow any on-screen instructions for code verification etc. You shouldn't encounter any problems or asking for memberships. Please try again or I can re-host elsewhere.