Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
nookfan249
0 Kudos

Cover Situation Ridiculous

B&N is really missing out by not having covers for the nook available in stores.  I waited and waited because I wanted to actually touch the cover I was purchasing.  I finally got fed up and ordered one online but not from B&N - but from medgestore.com ..... and I got my shipping notice less than 24 hours after I ordered it. 

Contributor
BeckyAK
0 Kudos

Re: Cover Situation Ridiculous

I got my cover at a local store without any problems. Maybe it's a store to store situation and your local store either won't carry them or is still waiting for a shipment.

Inspired Contributor
Jason_Corner
0 Kudos

They do have covers available in stores, although only at the larger stores.  There are 6-7 B&Ns in Columbus and only 1 of them has covers and other accessories.  It also has a full fledged Nook counter with a employee on it most of the time. 

Contributor
nookfan249
0 Kudos

My local store has a section set up with racks and everything for the cases but everytime I check they tell me they are still waiting for corporate to send them.  The manager says he can't even get any additional info from them.

Frequent Contributor
pjames_clarke
0 Kudos

Here in San Diego (off of Mira Mesa) the B&N has tons of covers etc. 

I agree, all the stores should have them, i needed to look and touch the cover (industrielle, trust me, best) I got.

- pjc

Inspired Correspondent
jynclr
0 Kudos

Not all B&N stores have accessories for the nook. If you have other stores, consider calling and see who has what in stock.

EOC
Contributor
EOC
0 Kudos

I agree.  I too wanted to see it first.  I returned the silicone one to the store because I hated it.  I ordered another on line and decided if it wasn't any good I'd return it too.

Contributor
LaLa4363
0 Kudos

The stores in my area never had stock. They kept telling me that they have the nook accessories display in the back but they were waiting for the accessories to come in. I've called the store everyday for a  week. I finally ordered a case from Oberon. I'm expecting it to arrive today. :smileyvery-happy:

Reader 4
Cherilen
0 Kudos

Just wondering if anyone has ordered one of the pre order covers online within the past few weeks, and if so, did they ship earlier then the expected availability date?

Contributor
Karl264
0 Kudos

Agreed.  I felt the same way about wanting to hold it first and drove 50 miles to the 5th store I called which actually had product.  It was annoying but glad I did.

Frequent Contributor
Larryb52
0 Kudos

M-edge makes a nice cover $34.95

Inspired Correspondent
Phigment
0 Kudos

Hmmm I ordered my cover ($29?) when I ordered my nook. I ordered the one thats the  character   &    on the font and  I believe a    ?      on the back. Basic Black and While cover. It does the job of protecting the face and book itself, as well as raising the bottom up a bit so I can press the next page key w/right thumb.

Frequent Contributor
bjmbarb
0 Kudos

As mentioned in posts on other threads the M-Edge Executive cover with their light (sold sep.) that stores in that cover is super...great workmanship, color selection, leather, and has a wonderful tab insert to close the cover.  The colorful canvas Trip cover is also great for everyday.  Although it does not store the light it does have a pocket inside the cover to use the light. Wonderful everyday cover!  Also is a bit smaller than the Executive cover and again has an attached elastic to keep the cover closed. Excellent customer service too.  My B&N store carried no covers and B&N online was backordered so I searched for other options.  Glad I did.  FYI the leather and elastic Nook holders on the M-Edge covers are very secure for the Nook and also knowing what I know now I would never purchase a cover that could not be held securely closed.  Also check out the Oberon Design leather covers...WOW...just had to get one of those too!!!! 

Frequent Contributor
Doc_R
0 Kudos

Nah, this is just a bit$h session.  My nook was in one of the first batches shipped out and within a week, I had purchased the Sevigne cover at my local B&N.  Great cover indeed and if you search, you'll find my review.  The nook took a spill the other day from a 3 foot shelf without any damage.  Do yourself a favor and get a cover asap.

Contributor
luckbear87
0 Kudos

my B&N has almost all of the cases and acessories. It must be a store by store thing.

Frequent Contributor
bbbrooke
0 Kudos

The store I bought my Nook had did not have any accessories but on the other side of town they had a small selection of covers, the light, the battery, the screen protectors.

I would have just gone to the one on the other side of town to start with had I known I would end up there any way for the cover.

The store I bought my Nook had does not carry anything but the actual Nook.

Definitely a nuisance... but oh well.

Inspired Correspondent
emtgirlCV
0 Kudos

They need a better system. The covers i like are all now on pre-order. how can they be on pre-order when they were already out ? What is going on? I wanted the green Tupper and the green back cover for an author signing coming up at the end of March...however they will be available after the signing event., both are not available now. The stores are not consistant. with inventory.They really need to work this out inorder to make the customers happy.Come on Barns and Noble, make your customers happy, we trusted your Nook and purchased it...do I love it ...absolutly! do I love your inconsistancy...absolutly not....it's frustrating. Tech support...very nice, and very friendly, but the wait is awful...30 45 minutes. You need to increase your inventory and hire more people, and Nook train your people at the Nook counter...that would be great customer service......

B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

Whether your local B&N has the nook accessories or not depends on how "big" a store they are (determined by annual sales); the bigger stores get the accessories first, and then it trickles down.

For those of you living in the Philly Metro area, the stores in Valley Forge, Exton, and Princeton have the accessories in-stock.

New User
Life-n-Times
0 Kudos

Re: Help, am new too this site.

Can someone please tell me something. I am new here.

Will I incur a $ charge when I subscribe to any given RSS Feed?

Thanks