Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: Cracked buttons and skins

GonnaTri wrote:

I also just received a refurbed nook to replace mine because of a cracked bezel.  Does my 1 year warranty start over now?  I was also surprised to receive a refurb since it wasn't mentioned by customer support, but it does look like its in great shape.  If I didn't see it on the paperwork they sent I never would have known.

No - your one year warranty does not start over.  You will get either the remainder of your original warranty or 90 days - whichever is greater.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Bibliophile
bklvr896

Not that this is really relevant, but I was just over on the Kindle boards and there's a thread with people complaining that their Kindles have cracked at the page turning buttons.  For some reason I found that funny.  Oh, there's also a thread about books not downloading to the Kindle, people complaining about pricing, Kindles freezing, asking where the page numbers are (apparently there are no page numbers on the Kindle) and not being able to buy books in foreign countries.

The boards look different, the topics look the same.:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bklvr896 wrote:

Not that this is really relevant, but I was just over on the Kindle boards and there's a thread with people complaining that their Kindles have cracked at the page turning buttons.  For some reason I found that funny.  Oh, there's also a thread about books not downloading to the Kindle, people complaining about pricing, Kindles freezing, asking where the page numbers are (apparently there are no page numbers on the Kindle) and not being able to buy books in foreign countries.

Imagine that.  

I gave you a laurel for your post, but for some reason lately, my laurels come in twos, so I really must make sure I like a post.  :smileywink:

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Apparently "Distinguished Wordsmith" changes your Laurels given to 2 every time.  I've noticed the same thing.  It's funny but I would prefer a dropdown asking how many laurels I'd like to give on a per post basis but that's probably asking too much... :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

Apparently "Distinguished Wordsmith" changes your Laurels given to 2 every time.  I've noticed the same thing.  It's funny but I would prefer a dropdown asking how many laurels I'd like to give on a per post basis but that's probably asking too much... :smileywink:

Thanks.  Doug_Pardee explained it on another thread.  I thought it was something I was doing wrong.  Now I'll make sure I really want to double laurel a post.

:smileywink:

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Josienjoe wrote:

bklvr896 wrote:

Imagine that.  

I gave you a laurel for your post, but for some reason lately, my laurels come in twos, so I really must make sure I like a post.  :smileywink:

Well, thank you very much for that.  I really was amused over on the Kindle boards reading about the perfect Kindle.  Oh and the discussions about library books and was Kindle ever going to support library books.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Josienjoe wrote:

AlanNJ wrote:

Thanks.  Doug_Pardee explained it on another thread.  I thought it was something I was doing wrong.  Now I'll make sure I really want to double laurel a post.

:smileywink:

When a person's status becomes "bibliophile" they give three laurels.  :smileywink:

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

And Boldface... :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
Hmr28
0 Kudos

I think it does. I bought my nook last December and put a skin on right away. I had to take the skin off when I scratched the skin in the back and thought I'd buy a new one. The new one did not come for a few weeks and in the meantime my pristine beautiful nook developed a crack in the right page turn bezel which is the one I use most often. I am of course over by about  a month on the return, drat it. But I do think the crack is cosmetic, it is does not appear to be affecting the page turns and I can always start swiping if it gets worse I guess.