Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: DO NOT BUY A NOOK, I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY A NOOK

Nallia wrote:

ABthree wrote:

Nallia wrote:

gnkc wrote:

I Knew as soon as i read the title of this post it would elicit at least three pages of sarcastic, ridiculing, pompous and contemptuous replies instead of just people just ignoring it.

You had just as much opportunity to ignore this thread as anyone else.

@Nallia

How's that Cool Voice of Reason thing working for ya?  :smileywink:

Don't know yet.  Trying something new.  :smileywink:

If nobody notices but me, is that a "pass" or a "fail"?

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
Lax_Goalie

I LOVE MY NOOK!

So even if it dies 1 day after the warranty, I saved so much money on free books, lower cost e-books and the fact I used it with the public library, more savings here and not to mention the fuel I saved by not driving to the library.  Oh yeah I saved yet more money by not paying late fees at the library.  I've only had it for 2 months and it's payed for itself.  So here's what I have to say, you have my sympathy your Nook died. 

GO ahead get a Kindle it will be SOOOOO much better to be restricted to Amazon books only, to quote Yeganeh from Seinfeld "No soup for you!" - no free epub for you,  no library usage for you.

Or smile say that's too bad, I'll get another Nook with the extended warranty and it will pay for itself.  If it does not, you should really stick to paper books, you just do not read enough.

So with kind respect, have a nice day.

Lax_Goalie!

Contributor
SmarmyPants
0 Kudos

Best. Thread. Ever.

New User
bkind2all
0 Kudos

Well, I feel badly for your bad experiences with the Nook.  Let's face it, sometimes things are Lemons and you apparently got one.  Lemons are subjected to be passed off on anyone who is purchasing any kind of product.  I don't have any advice to offer you except maybe you should write the company and request an exchange.  I think good customer service should at lest permit you to exchange for a returned or re-conditioned Nook.  Nothing venture, nothing gained.  After all, you can't use a Nook that does not work..what are you gong to do with it?  Contact B&N via writing and see what they can do for you.

Contributor
mdmomKC
0 Kudos

Gee I sure am glad that I didn't read this post before I spent the money on my Nook or I would have missed out on the hours of pleasure it has given me.

P.S.  I had one small issue (my fault) and had to call customer service and had great service!

Frequent Contributor
LoseTheRadiosMa
0 Kudos

Well, if these things are junk, I'm going to have to sell mine. Anybody want to buy a 15-month old nook that works perfectly and has had no problems since "Day 1". I'll even throw in the SD card with over 500 books and I'll give you access to my BN library with close to 200 books, most of  which were free. Only offers over 1 million dollars will be entertained

Frequent Contributor
HELEN1959
0 Kudos

Lisa B, that is toooo funny!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
HELEN1959
0 Kudos

LOL!!!

Lisa B, that is toooo funny:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
CMegalodon
0 Kudos

The original Nook could have been so much more. I am now on my fourth replacement Nook.  The darn things just don't work except as a standalone reading device that has very slow page turning.

1.  It should be able to synchronize last page read with the iPhone Nook app - it doesn't.  I confirmed that last night with support.  The iPhone app will sync to the Nook but not from the Nook to other apps.

2. The Android operating system is capable of so much more.  Yet, the bottom display of the Nook still does hardly anything besides display books.

3. The software is slow.  Start-ups take longer than a PC.  That is unaccepatable for a computing device with RAM/ROM memory.

I was an early adopter and feel that B&N has let Nook customers down by its slow releases, awful call center support from the Phillipines and slow software.

If any of you know someone with a Kindle compare speed, ease of use and the display side-by-side and you will see what I mean - AND the Kindle syncs between devices flawlessly.

If the new software update does not fix the problem, I will post a YouTube of me destroying my Nook in a very colorful and meaningful way.

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51

CMegalodon wrote:

The original Nook could have been so much more. I am now on my fourth replacement Nook.  The darn things just don't work except as a standalone reading device that has very slow page turning.

1.  It should be able to synchronize last page read with the iPhone Nook app - it doesn't.  I confirmed that last night with support.  The iPhone app will sync to the Nook but not from the Nook to other apps.

2. The Android operating system is capable of so much more.  Yet, the bottom display of the Nook still does hardly anything besides display books.

3. The software is slow.  Start-ups take longer than a PC.  That is unaccepatable for a computing device with RAM/ROM memory.

I was an early adopter and feel that B&N has let Nook customers down by its slow releases, awful call center support from the Phillipines and slow software.

If any of you know someone with a Kindle compare speed, ease of use and the display side-by-side and you will see what I mean - AND the Kindle syncs between devices flawlessly.

If the new software update does not fix the problem, I will post a YouTube of me destroying my Nook in a very colorful and meaningful way.

I disagree. Enjoy your Kindle.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Scribe
Haleakala_LKB

CMegalodon wrote:

Just so I understand, you are complaining that your reading device functions as... a reading device?

LisaB

ABthree

Haleakala_LKB wrote:

CMegalodon wrote:

Just so I understand, you are complaining that your reading device functions as... a reading device?

LisaB

The scary part is that on Election Day, this guy's vote is worth as much as yours and mine.  :smileysurprised:

-- St. Basil the Great+
Frequent Contributor
Zion21
0 Kudos

Do not buy a kindle, buy a nook!

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

Re: DO NOT BUY A KINDLE, BUY A NOOK

Zion21 wrote:

Do not buy a kindle, buy a nook!

Hmm, shouldn't this have it's own thread with a subject in all caps with lots of these !!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

New User
SandraC
0 Kudos

I love my nook. I have been an avid reader for years and didnt think I would like the change-up (plus I have a library full of paperback book's I have yet to read) i was very pleasantly suprised at how easy it is to use and the accessability. I have had no problems except of my own making, love the free & discounted book's and love that i dont have to leave to get a book I want. Ive been told that out of all the e-book reader's, B&N is the best and thats what Ive gotten from it, the best so I would think twice before replacing with a clone that isnt put out by a bookstore, kinda like having the electrician try and fix the plumbing, generally is not what you expect nor does it worj the way you want it too.

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Page 5.......:smileytongue:

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram

HungerGamesPerson wrote:

You just had to go there knowing we are only on page 3. :smileymad::smileywink:

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

I just couldn't resist....:smileyhappy:

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

ABthree
0 Kudos

sygram wrote:

HungerGamesPerson wrote:

You just had to go there knowing we are only on page 3. :smileymad::smileywink:

I've figured out that it must be Page 5 of the Large Print Edition. :smileywink:

-- St. Basil the Great+
Distinguished Correspondent
GeneHunter
0 Kudos

Let this thread die!

Can't we just let this thread die? I'm sure we are all tired of seeing it at the top of the list.

(Of course, this response doesn't help.)