Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
patebooks
0 Kudos

Daily doesn't always update

Sometimes I don't connect to a Wi-Fi until late in the day, and then The Daily won't update. It happened a couple times last week, and then again last night. I still had Columbus Day!

Also does this have anything to do with me using my own secure connection, or a public connection? It's actually happened at home and away so I'm thinking some other kind of glitch?

I've tried moving to My Library or Games and then coming back, but it doesn't make any difference. "All'' is checked on setting. Wi-Fi enabled.

As to Daily's contents, that's another discussion I'll weigh in on once this is resolved.!

patebooks
Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

Re: Daily doesn't always update

Mine doesn't always update either. I have to tell it to pretty much either turn off my Wi-Fi and use my 3G or something.

But I don't look at the Daily as Daily as I should. :smileyvery-happy:

TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

Tends to do this often to me.particularly as I normally have Airplane mode on.  Turning Airplane mode off, and trying to open the Daily it often doesn't update.  If I really want it to update, e.g. on Friday to see the new free book, I usually reboot the Nook.  It will then update the Daily.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I actually love the Daily.  I, too, seem to have better results by updating earlier in the day.  I use 3G only.  I turn off airplane mode and go immediately to the Daily.  For the past two weeks, it has ALMOST always :smileyindifferent: updated.  If it doesn't, I've rebooted and then it updates--or at least Daybook and Unbound have updated.  (One day G&T got stuck.  But as that is my least favorite, I figured I could skip a day.)

I'm looking forward to -- hoping for -- the new, improved Daily in 1.5!

Distinguished Correspondent
PBReilley
0 Kudos

My nook (wi-fi only) is usually in airplane mode as well, but I never had a problem with getting the Daily to update after turning off airplane mode and connecting. Although, have to say I used to check the Daily every day but after weeks of finding little or nothing of interest (except, of course, for Free Book Friday!), I don't check it every day any longer - maybe 3-4x a week.