Contributor
kdoherty
0 Kudos

Re: Disappointed with Barnes & Noble Customer Service

DisappointedMA wrote:
Just ordered a paperback. Got an email it was ready to ship. Got an email the next day that my order was canceled. When I called Customer Service their computer systems were down and they couldn't help me. They told me to call back later. When I called back they told me that my order (pre-order by the way) was canceled because it was out of stock. Then they reassured me that 8 hours after my order was cancelled that my order was indeed in stock and told me to reorder over the internet. After I demanded free shipping,they agreed to adjust order to expedite shipping and that shipping will be totally free. That is not what my online credit card statement says... Nor is it what my order status states, on their website. I was also talking to a rep in the Philippines, I could barely hear her due to white noise and low volume. There was no evidence that she cared anything about this issue. I should just buy it from the small book store down the street who has it in stock for a higher price. Obviously, B&N has done nothing to improve customer service over the past two years. At least I'll get good customer service from the mom and pop shop.

This sort of service behavior is consistant with my experiences also.  I truly suggest you make the switch to another service before you have invested too much money in Barnes and Noble content.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

kdoherty wrote:

DisappointedMA wrote:
Just ordered a paperback.

This sort of service behavior is consistant with my experiences also.  I truly suggest you make the switch to another service before you have invested too much money in Barnes and Noble content.

Just an observation here, but a paperback isn't B&N content.  It's still cr@ppy CS.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Inspired Contributor
poleng
0 Kudos

I have always found the service reps from the Manila call center to have an excellent command of English and of the technical aspects of the nooks.  Sorry that anyone has had a bad experience.  The fact is, if we want super cheap clothes, they will be made by Bangladeshis in lousy buildings, for bad pay and dangerous work conditions. BUT they work cheap.....   So, why do you think that so many call centers are in the phillipines and in India, etc.  Same reason.  It's cheaper.  As long as Americans purchased based purely on price and not how the stuff is produced, it will be produced in third world countries and we will have third world call centers. 

Yes, it is correct that some of Barnes and Noble call centers are based in the U.S..  But not for long.......