Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
WarBrand
0 Kudos

Downloading Update???

[ Edited ]

Edit: It now appears that the update is ready through regular channels. Go get it!!

I'm not sure what the file is really but I just checked the link below and something is now downloading. It had been blocked until a few minutes ago.

Proceed at your own risk.

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/presources/download/nook/v1.3.0/signed_bravo_update.dat

Don't give up, don't ever give up.
Contributor
kabloink
0 Kudos

Re: Downloading Update???

It looks like the Nook Faq and Support page Software Update section has been updated to 1.3. So, it looks like it's official now.

Reader 2
JasNook
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy:

I just downloaded and installed the update via wifi hotspot- so far works great seems the have sped up page turning and improved the touchscreen.

Contributor
bmweezer
0 Kudos

Downloading now.  It made sense that it was 1.3 and not 1.4, since the last update was 1.2.  I will say this - B&N should appreciate this community and scan it often to see what its nook users want, need and are complaining about.  With that being said, it is addicting and takes time away from my JOB but constantly scanning to see when the update(s) are released.

Back to WORK!

If it doesn't kill you, you'll be a better person for it.
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.

Frequent Contributor
MLBerry
0 Kudos

Is it better to download directly to your nook or to sideload it via your computer? I saw one report from an early bootlegged copy user, who sideloaded, that it disabled his wireless settings and he had to mess with his wireless router.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
0 Kudos

There were no "bootlegged" copies.  It was just a server glitch that allowed access to the copy early.

Regarding wi-fi, I downloaded my update last night and my wi-fi worked just fine even with my WEP codes.

►Without order there is chaos◄