AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
0 Kudos

Re: Downloading books to IPAD

Now THIS is cool!

A thread from a month ago that got resurrected a week ago with no additional replies and then a reply today... It's the thread that refuses to die <cue eerie background music>

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Correspondent
ivers
0 Kudos

Yep, since this thread doesn't see much action, MzParker, you might get more help if you try starting a new topic about it in the Nook software forum here. Currently this thread is misplaced in one of the Nook hardware forums, where most of us don't have iPads. Though I did see one once! It was heavier than I expected but very pretty and shiny.

Here is the Nook software forum:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Apps-Technical-Support-iPad/bd-p/eReaders

Best of luck getting this sorted out!

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

There is a specific discussion board for Nook apps technical support for the ipad.  I'm sure if you post on this site you will be able to get an answer.  Good luck

Sorry ivers didn't notice your link to this discussion board.

New User
MzParker
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for the info ivers :smileyhappy: Take Care

Contributor
Fitzy44
0 Kudos

You have to open the Nook app on your IPad first...in the upper right hand corner are two refresh circular arrows...tap on these and your screen will refresh with your new books...tap download on the cover, and your book will open...if you go to B&N.com and try to download from there, they will try to go to your IBooks. Someone in an earlier post also gave these directions and they do work...good luck to both of you!
New User
superreader56
0 Kudos

I have had the same trouble. I can access the book on my nook on my computer (pc) but NOT on my iPad. I love B & N but will just have to go through Amazon ereader as it works just fine on my iPad!

superreader56

Frequent Contributor
Nook_IPAD_Reader
0 Kudos

If all other methods fail then turn IPAD off by holding the power button on top till the off slider comes up.  Turn Ipad back on by holding power button till you see the proverbial apple on the screen.  Open your Nokk app.  It will download all purchases you just made!

Yes it is a bit of a pain but for some reason the download/refresh time delay is shirtened by the nook refreshing once you open the app.

New User
Lumbee_Princess
0 Kudos

EXCELLENT!!  You are the bomb TippyJo!! I have been fighting with this for months...thank you so much!  I did have to reboot my iPad after selecting "sign out at next start up"...but after that..it was smooth sailing. Thanks again for makiing my day!!:smileywink: