Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

Downloading books to IPAD

I ordered a book on B&N from my Ipad.  It saws to "download".  I hit that and it says to "Ibooks".  I hit that.  Then it goes to my bookshelf and the book is still not there.  My order still says "not shipped".  I have tried calling B&N and been on hold for over 30 minutes. Bad weather I guess.  I tried to delete the book and it says to put in archive or I will have to pay for it again.  So far I have not found it paid for at all.   I went to Apple yesterday and they couldn't help.  Says it is in B&N.  The release date is 12/27/10 does that have anything to do with it?  Can anybody please help me to figure out what is going on?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: Downloading books to IPAD

CBJR wrote:

I ordered a book on B&N from my Ipad.  It saws to "download".  I hit that and it says to "Ibooks".  I hit that.  Then it goes to my bookshelf and the book is still not there.  My order still says "not shipped".  I have tried calling B&N and been on hold for over 30 minutes. Bad weather I guess.  I tried to delete the book and it says to put in archive or I will have to pay for it again.  So far I have not found it paid for at all.   I went to Apple yesterday and they couldn't help.  Says it is in B&N.  The release date is 12/27/10 does that have anything to do with it?  Can anybody please help me to figure out what is going on?

Do you have the B&N reader on your iPad?

Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

Yes I have the nook app downloaded.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

CBJR wrote:

Yes I have the nook app downloaded.

Have you checked your online library to see if it's there?  Sorry I'm not much help, but I usually do all my buying on my computer, and when I open up my nook or the nook app on my iPad, my book shows.

Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

Yes my book shows there.  This is my first book I have purchased for an e-reader.  So I am not sure how the process works.  Can I get it on my computer then put it on my e-reader?  Would that work easier?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

CBJR wrote:

Yes my book shows there.  This is my first book I have purchased for an e-reader.  So I am not sure how the process works.  Can I get it on my computer then put it on my e-reader?  Would that work easier?

No.  You see it on your iPad, in your B&N app.  Do you have your wireless on your ipad?  Does it say "download" on the cover of the book?  If so, once you're connected to wifi, just go ahead and click on the book and it should download to your iPad.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Sorry about the empty post :smileysad:

Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

How can I get it from my computer to my i-pad?  Any help?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

CBJR wrote:

How can I get it from my computer to my i-pad?  Any help?

Go to your iPad.  Make sure you are connected to wifi.  Open your B&N app.  You should see your B&N library.  Do you?  The book should be there.  Is it?

Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

It doesn't show across the cover.  It shows to the far right to download.  That is what I have hit and it sends me to "Ibooks".  From there nothing. I may have to go into a B&N or wait out the storm and try to contact someone then.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

CBJR wrote:

It doesn't show across the cover.  It shows to the far right to download.  That is what I have hit and it sends me to "Ibooks".  From there nothing. I may have to go into a B&N or wait out the storm and try to contact someone then.

Sorry I can't help.  Not sure why it's sending you to iBooks.

Contributor
CBJR
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help anyway.  I think something didn't get set up right when I bought the i-pad last month.   I hope I get this resolved soon.  I am a book junkie and have been looking at all these books I want to buy. LOL.  Wish me luck.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

CBJR wrote:

Thanks for all your help anyway.  I think something didn't get set up right when I bought the i-pad last month.   I hope I get this resolved soon.  I am a book junkie and have been looking at all these books I want to buy. LOL.  Wish me luck.

Just a thought.  Go into your iBooks preferences and also your B&N preferences to see if there's a preference for where to download books.

Frequent Contributor
Nook_IPAD_Reader
0 Kudos

Nook is so far my favorite reader on the IPAD but the most difficult to figure out how to get the book!

You need to open NOOK on your Ipad

Look in the top right corner and there is a "refresh" symbol.  Tap on this symbol.

(this refreshes your library to your current tittles showing any new purchases.)

Your "home page" will reload and show your title with a link to DOWNLOAD.

Tap on this "Download" link and the book will download and automatically load to the first page!

Correspondent
BooksOnTheKnob
0 Kudos

These last directions should work. From the description, the OP is looking at his nook library in Safari (or another browser) and trying to download the EPUB. That won't work.

He need to make sure he has installed the (free) NOOK app and look at his library from inside the app.

Karen
Books on the Knob
http://blog.booksontheknob.org
Frequent Contributor
Nook_IPAD_Reader
0 Kudos

It's easy to get confused on the process.  The window pops up to open in Ibooks or Reader.  Nook APP is not an option.  I stumbled upon the process by realizing the circled arrows normally stand for refresh.  As soon as I did that a few times I quickly got the process down.

Now I download several (as I am still going through  "free" books and then return to the app itself and it processes very quickly!

I'm curious what will happen the next time I download, as I intend to try and open it in IBooks as a trial and see if it works.....

Frequent Contributor
HipHopSays
0 Kudos

CBJR wrote:

when i purchased jay z's decoded ... it was a pre-order and it showed up on my home screen, but not on my shelf. in my B&N account it kept saying "not shipped" until 24hrs after the ebook release date.

New User
TippyJO
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem and I don't know why and neither did B7N a hen I called them. What I have done is, I went to preferences on my iPAD and changed the nook preferences to "sign out at next start up" to on. The next time I opened nook it asked me to sign in and for my password. It opened and updated books. Most of my books then came up with the "download tag", even those in my archive. I did then download them to have them on my iPad. I then ordered a new book to see what would happen and the book came up on my iPAD. After checking nook preferences it had reverted to "sign out at next launch" as off. I then ordered another book and it came up also.
New User
MzParker
0 Kudos

CBJR -- did you get your issue resolved? I have had the exact same issue you are having and I have tried EVRYTHING I know and cannot fix it. When I purchased ebooks on my IPAD I cannot get them to download. What is really strange is that they aren't showing up in my nook app (on my ipad) in the library. When I go to my library on bn.com (via my IPAD through Safari) and I hit the dowload button ... the book tries to open Ibooks, not the nook. I've went in the setting and messed around with the preferences for Ibook and nook and nothing has worked. Please let me know if you were able to resolve your downloading issue and if you please let me know what you did. Thanks much :smileyhappy: