Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Xemrac
0 Kudos

Dummie instructions needed ...

I have downloaded Nook for PC, but for the life of me I cannot see where I go to save my archived and other books to my PC for safekeeping.

Help Please.

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Re: Dummie instructions needed ...

You should include your reader application's version with software reader inquiries. Under the "settings" tab for the Windows reader click the "account settings" sub tab, then click the "about reader" button at the right end of the tool bar. I'm running version 2.5.6.9575, but other Windows versions probably function much the same way

1. If the tab bar on the left side of the window isn't visible click the grey tab to display it
  2. Click "my library"
  3. Click in turn each of the tabs under "my library" except "my stuff"
  4. For each item (eBook, eMagazine etc) you purchased from B&N click the "options" button than the "download" button. If that item is already stored in your computer's hard drive you will see a "remove local copy" button instead of the "download" button

While the "archive" function will result in a ePublication file disapearing from many (if not all) B&N hardware readers, the file will remain on a PC's hard drive as long as the "remove local copy" option isn't used and the file isn't deleted with the computer's normal file management program (in Windows that would normally be Windows Explorer). Note that if you transfer an non-archived ePub file from your computer to a hardware reader over a USB cable you might end up with two copies of the file on the hardware reader (with some models one copy of the file might be in a hidden partition)

Contributor
az_spunky
0 Kudos

Re: Dummie instructions needed ...

Note that when you first open the app, it hasn't populated your My Library with your books yet. It takes a few minutes to sync up.