Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
chipperMJ
0 Kudos

Ebooks at books.google.com

Just recently purchased the Nook and was wondering if someone knew how to get books at Google. I was told there is 200,000 books that are available for download. So far, after many attempts, I have had no luck making this happen. Anyone that could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Distinguished Correspondent
AllenR
0 Kudos

Re: Ebooks at books.google.com

chipperMJ wrote:

Just recently purchased the Nook and was wondering if someone knew how to get books at Google. I was told there is 200,000 books that are available for download. So far, after many attempts, I have had no luck making this happen. Anyone that could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Download from Google, use Sigil to add chapter breaks to be able to navigate the books (often don't have enough or any chapters and then sideload to the nook using Calibre.  Sigil and Calibre are both freeware and easy to use

Lucien Buonaparte speaking of a young lady... "ever fresh, not like a rose, but like a good radish"
Napoleon Buonaparte on the reason for marriage: " I want to marry a womb" - Those Buonapartes sure knew how to woo a woman!

Distinguished Correspondent
AllenR
0 Kudos

This site has lots of old books for free and already in epub format, but no chapters!

http://manybooks.net/

Lucien Buonaparte speaking of a young lady... "ever fresh, not like a rose, but like a good radish"
Napoleon Buonaparte on the reason for marriage: " I want to marry a womb" - Those Buonapartes sure knew how to woo a woman!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

AllenR wrote:

chipperMJ wrote:

Download from Google, use Sigil to add chapter breaks to be able to navigate the books (often don't have enough or any chapters and then sideload to the nook using Calibre.  Sigil and Calibre are both freeware and easy to use

Or just download them from the B&N site since they are all there...