Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
petitefleur
0 Kudos

Email address given by B&N customer service is a dud

I was given this email address, b&nmanagementdigital@book.com, by B&N customer service. This does not appear to be a valid email address.  Does anyone know what the actual email address is?  I am tired of receiving non-working replacements for my defective NOOK (cracked page forward button) and would like to send an email to the corporate offices.  However, I need an accurate address to send it to.  Thanks.

Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

Re: Email address given by B&N customer service is a dud

Hmmm, maybe you should PM Michael V. and ask.    It's good that you're taking the time to reach out to coporate,  hope you are able to do so and get your Nook issues resolved.

Good luck!

Linda

ps - and people wonder why I'm wary of the refurbs!

Contributor
petitefleur
0 Kudos

Thanks Linda.  But, who is Michael V?

Distinguished Correspondent
GeneHunter
0 Kudos

Type Michael-V in the search box at the top of the page. A look at his profile should answer your question.

Contributor
petitefleur
0 Kudos

Ahhh...got it.  Thanks guys.

Frequent Contributor
HipHopSays
0 Kudos

you might want to try the email without the ampersand (&) as many of the store emails transcribe B&N without the ampersand....so for instance - BNstore2345@nookcolor.com instead of B&Nstore2345@nookcolor.com.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@petitefleur,

I am sending you a Private Message reply,  FYI.

New User
legofranak
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with b&nmanagementdigital@book.com, and I even told the customer service rep that I was pretty sure you can't have an ampersand in the address. (Upon further research just now, it turns out you can! I guess my email client is the problem...) Anyhow, can you help me with this? I got a certified pre-owned Nook as a replacement for device with a defective screen (and without being told that I would not be getting a new one), but I absolutely do not want a pre-owned Nook...

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

legofranak wrote:

I had the same problem with b&nmanagementdigital@book.com, and I even told the customer service rep that I was pretty sure you can't have an ampersand in the address. (Upon further research just now, it turns out you can! I guess my email client is the problem...) Anyhow, can you help me with this? I got a certified pre-owned Nook as a replacement for device with a defective screen (and without being told that I would not be getting a new one), but I absolutely do not want a pre-owned Nook...

Not sure how long you've had your nook, but if you read the warranty, you'll find that it's clearly stated that replacements may be a refurb.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

You probably don't have an option.  The warranty specifically states that B&N can give you a pre-owned certified Nook. 

►Without order there is chaos◄
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015

The warranty specifically gives B&N the right to replace with a refurbished unit. This is the same as the warranty on just about every electronic device.

B&N reported that by the end of the year, they'd basically run out of new NOOKs. There are reports (Engadget, basically) that new NOOK 3Gs aren't going to be made. The chances of you getting a new NOOK as a replacement are extremely low unless you're within the 2-week exchange window at the B&N store.

My refurbished replacement was absolutely like-new. If I hadn't been told it was a refurb, I'd never have known, and I inspected it and tested it pretty thoroughly. It looks great and works great. I couldn't ask for a better device.

Some battles aren't worth fighting. B&N has the right to send you a refurb, they probably don't have a new one to send you, and unless there's something wrong with your refurb there's really no reason you should be unhappy. Just enjoy your replacement NOOK.