Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Lynns_Nook
0 Kudos

Re: FREE Godiva Chocolate Coupon

If only ebooks were chocolate just think how many B&N would sell. :smileyhappy:

We have two B&Ns here and I'm going to be very sad if they close. One has Starbucks and the other has the B&N cafe. 

Contributor
Dranakin
0 Kudos

I picked up my free chocolate today. Just three pieces, the price tag on the back says "$1.50." Haven't had a chance to taste them yet. I'm a fan of these free promotions.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

Just a fair warning -

Walking up to the counter and saying, "If I show you my Nook can I get some free chocolate?" may result in embarrassment and/or hilarity.

Believe me, I know :smileywink:

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

They weren't laughing at you connie, they were laughing with you. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Sir-Nooks-A-Lot
0 Kudos

Conniecats wrote:

Just a fair warning -

Walking up to the counter and saying, "If I show you my Nook can I get some free chocolate?" may result in embarrassment and/or hilarity.

Believe me, I know :smileywink:

Conniecats--I know too! I went down to my local B&N for the chocolate, and for some reason my Nook was having trouble showing the new coupons once connected to the B&N network. So, not only did I go the counter inquiring about free chocolate, the poor guy working the counter spent a good ten minutes fiddling with Nook until he could get the coupon to come up! He even called the Cafe counter to make sure they had the chocolate, and was going to walk me over to get it if we couldn't get the coupon to work. Well, he got it to work, and the cafe girls looked at me like I was an ass. I bought a frappuchino to ease their glares. Oh well, the chocolate is tasty. :smileyvery-happy:

"He could brush his teeth for hours, because of the mirror--looking at himself, trying to figure out a way to be." - John Irving, The 158-lb Marriage
Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

So the starbucks ones do it too? SWEET!

Inspired Correspondent
MarkinStLouis
0 Kudos

Yep, that's where I got mine!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

I'm thinking "If I show you my Nook can I get some free chocolate?" would look really good on a t-shirt, lol.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Distinguished Correspondent
GeneHunter
0 Kudos

Mine came from the Cafe.  By the time my hour of reading was up, so was my chocolate and coffee.:smileysad:

Contributor
MetraHarvard
0 Kudos

I went to the BN cafe today and the store Wifi was down. I asked the cafe employee if they were having Wifi problems and she said that she was not aware of any. BUT when she saw me trying to log on with my nook, she said "Oh, you have a nook! Here, have this Godiva that we are giving to the nook owners..." I would have never even asked her for the chocolate--I would have been totally embarrassed without any proof!
Inspired Contributor
SweetTooth
0 Kudos

FrogAlum wrote:

From the T&C:

This offer may be redeemed once per NOOK eReader device...

Enjoy!!!!

Is that once per nook per visit?  Has anyone used the coupon on multiple visits?  I used my coupon the other day and plan to go to BN again today.  Is it acceptable to use the coupon again?

Frequent Contributor
chesspain
0 Kudos

SweetTooth wrote:

FrogAlum wrote:

From the T&C:

This offer may be redeemed once per NOOK eReader device...

Enjoy!!!!

Is that once per nook per visit?  Has anyone used the coupon on multiple visits?  I used my coupon the other day and plan to go to BN again today.  Is it acceptable to use the coupon again?

As my grandmother would have said, "Don't be a chazer."

Frequent Contributor
bga_reviews
0 Kudos

I know beggars shouldn't be choosers, but are the little sample boxes only milk chocolate? I see that there are both dark chocolate and milk chocolate full size packages of Godiva Gems, but the nearest B&N only had milk chocolate samples.
Contributor
annoyingboy
0 Kudos

I got mine today during my usual Saturday trip to Barnes and Noble. I was worried that they would be out, but they had plenty left. I never see anyone else at the cafe reading with the Nook--only me.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

bga_reviews wrote:
I know beggars shouldn't be choosers, but are the little sample boxes only milk chocolate? I see that there are both dark chocolate and milk chocolate full size packages of Godiva Gems, but the nearest B&N only had milk chocolate samples.

Only milk chocolate.  :smileysad:

Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

Is this promotion over? I went to B&N on Sunday and could not find this coupon.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

I never showed a coupon. I just asked if they had the promotion (see my earlier post).

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@EffieTX,

The Free Godiva Gems should appear in the second position.  This promotion is valid through September 5th of this year (or while supplies last).

Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

Hmmm... well, it did not come up on my Nook when I was viewing SHOP and I asked at the front counter and the lady had never heard of the promotion... she checked a long list of promotions attached to the cash register and it was not on there... Guess I should have checked in the Cafe... No big problem, I will be back in  B&N before the 7th of September so thanks for the answer to my question!