Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
AllenR
0 Kudos

Re: FREE Godiva Chocolate Coupon

Alanakat wrote:

I could have been mean...

But, I got my free chocolate from one barnes & Noble..than wound up going to the other one in another town to read on my nook for free, a few days later.

I could have been mean, and asked those people for my choclate, but I figured, naw...save them for other nook people that need them.

The offer is only one free box per customer.  The offer code entered when they give you the freebie is tagged to your nook and is the same no matter how many times you log on to the B&N Wi-Fi.

I tried to get a second today while I was in the store reading chapter two of my wish list book for free, but no go!   :smileywink:

Lucien Buonaparte speaking of a young lady... "ever fresh, not like a rose, but like a good radish"
Napoleon Buonaparte on the reason for marriage: " I want to marry a womb" - Those Buonapartes sure knew how to woo a woman!

Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

AllenR wrote:

Alanakat wrote:

I could have been mean...

But, I got my free chocolate from one barnes & Noble..than wound up going to the other one in another town to read on my nook for free, a few days later.

I could have been mean, and asked those people for my choclate, but I figured, naw...save them for other nook people that need them.

The offer is only one free box per customer.  The offer code entered when they give you the freebie is tagged to your nook and is the same no matter how many times you log on to the B&N Wi-Fi.

I tried to get a second today while I was in the store reading chapter two of my wish list book for free, but no go!   :smileywink:

Really?  When the girl handed me mine she didn't even get a code off the Nook, just passed it over the counter.

Linda

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

the offer code is offer specific, not device specific,

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

I got mine today.  I was greeted at the door by the nook person who asked me if I'd like to look at the nook, I held mine up, I admired the Lilly Pulitzer covers, especially the pink and green one, got onto their wifi, found the coupon, headed to the cafe, where the guy took a look at my nook from about 10 feet away and handed me my chocolates.  Yum!

AllenR
0 Kudos

Sounds like you guys got lucky!

I had to give my nook to the girl at the cafe so she could read the code.   She spent a couple minutes struggling with entering the code at the register and doing whatever else she had to do, THEN she gave me the chocolates.

The second time, the guy at the cafe said I had already registered for the offer and it was a one-time deal per nook.  Indeed the code on my nook was the same as the week before.

Lucien Buonaparte speaking of a young lady... "ever fresh, not like a rose, but like a good radish"
Napoleon Buonaparte on the reason for marriage: " I want to marry a womb" - Those Buonapartes sure knew how to woo a woman!

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

AllenR wrote: Indeed the code on my nook was the same as the week before.

it should be, it should also be the same as the code on my NOOK, and the demo NOOKs, and Frog's, and so on...

Maybe they just recognised you

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

RedRapier wrote:

AllenR wrote: Indeed the code on my nook was the same as the week before.

it should be, it should also be the same as the code on my NOOK, and the demo NOOKs, and Frog's, and so on...

Maybe they just recognised you

Actually, I can confirm what RR is saying...  When we go to B&N it's usually 3 of us, myself, Barb and Tink...  We set up "camp" out on the patio and I go in while Barb stays with Tink...  I only take my Nook in with me but they used the coupon twice - once for my Godiva and once for Barb's...  Both "purchases" were rung up using the one code.  This has worked this way for every promotion...

Granted, they know both of us (which is why they don't have a problem with Barb sitting outside while I grab our stuff) but everything always goes through the register at our store.

Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

I confess I used it twice,  though the second time was much more pleasant! The girl knew exactly what I was talking about this time and handed it over with a smile.     Neither time did they even look at the offer to punch in a code and I did purchase coffee at the same time so they had to ring that up on the register.

Linda

AllenR
0 Kudos

mykoffee wrote:

I confess I used it twice,  though the second time was much more pleasant! The girl knew exactly what I was talking about this time and handed it over with a smile.     Neither time did they even look at the offer to punch in a code and I did purchase coffee at the same time so they had to ring that up on the register.

Linda

Sounds like the usual poor B&N internal communication and performance.  The response at each store seems wildly different.   No wonder their shares value is low with the way they run their business.

Still, I got my allotted one box of chocolates, so that's OK

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

I suspect individual stores were each allowed to have their own policy regarding the chocolate promotion. It makes sense to me. If a store generally has a high number of Nook users putting in the code would ensure each Nooker received only one box of chocolate so that there was enough to go around. At stores where there is a lower number of Nookers coming in and an abundance of chocolate, there's probably no need to be so stringent.

I went to two B&Ns in two different cities and just had to show them a glimpse of my Nook to receive the chocolate. :smileytongue:

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

No, putting in the code will not identify if the coupon has been used before, as stated before, all the codes are the same.  The code identifies the promotion, not the user.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

Thanks for clearing that up, Red. I should have paid attention a little better when you wrote that earlier in this thread.

Wordsmith
h2oskierc
0 Kudos

[OT] About B&N Stock Price Again was Re: FREE Godiva Chocolate Coupon

[ Edited ]

AllenR wrote:

No wonder their shares value is low with the way they run their business.

What is with all the cheap shots at the B&N stock price?  Why don't you understand that stock price doesn't equal the value of a business, or indicate how it is run?  Stock prices are based solely on short-term business, and if anything, a business that thinks short term and has a high stock price is killing themselves in the long run.  I know you are a frequenter of the boards, but why!  I don't think it is trolling, but WHY!

This will be my last post about the stock prices.

End Rant, skier is out, PEACE!

New User
OliverJS
0 Kudos

Barnes and Noble currently has a buy two get the third free for the bags of these Godiva gems they're giving away as free samples. Once the cafe server told me that I had to check it out! That's three bags for about $10 and it's GODIVA chocolate! It's a pretty good deal :smileyhappy:

AllenR
0 Kudos

Re: [OT] About B&N Stock Price Again was Re: FREE Godiva Chocolate Coupon

h2oskierc wrote:

...Why don't you understand that stock price doesn't equal the value of a business, or indicate how it is run?  Stock prices are based solely on short-term business, and if anything, a business that thinks short term and has a high stock price is killing themselves in the long run.  I know you are a frequenter of the boards, but why!  I don't think it is trolling, but WHY!

This will be my last post about the stock prices.

End Rant, skier is out, PEACE!

As someone with more experience within successful private and public multi-billion dollar companies than I care to remember, and in a difficult highly competitive cyclical global industrial market sector, we could debate the facts and philosophies about such companies and share price for hours, if not days. 

Just take it that I recognize the potential of the nook, absolutely love its hardware design, loath its clunky software and hate to see Amazon marching ahead, with B&N missing some simple product and marketing strategy basics; moreso when B&N just have to benchmark the competition and make nook better with little effort.

But as you say - End Rant.   I shall never mention share price again!    :smileywink: