Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum

FREE Godiva Chocolate Coupon

I actually found out about this last week BUT in my experience you don't put words like "Godiva" and "Free" together unless you have the proof in hand...

Here it is:

Visit the cafe and show your NOOK for a Free 3-Piece Box of Godiva Chocolatier Gems individually wrapped chocolate.  If your Barnes & Noble does not have a Cafe please redeem at the checkout area.

From the T&C:

This offer may be redeemed once per NOOK eReader device...

Enjoy!!!!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

Re: FREE Godiva Chocolate Coupon

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Got mine today.  Free chocolate!!!!:smileyvery-happy:  Glad I stopped at B&N that has a cafe, not the one that has the Starbucks.

Frequent Contributor
EscapistFL
0 Kudos

Wow!  Thanks for the info. Yum!

Frequent Contributor
passthepeas
0 Kudos

Yet another reason why the nook beats a Kindle! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
MarkinStLouis
0 Kudos

I thought when they say "cafe" they meant Starbucks.  I don't know if there are any around here that the food area isn't Starbucks.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow...:smileyvery-happy:

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

MarkinStLouis wrote:

I thought when they say "cafe" they meant Starbucks.  I don't know if there are any around here that the food area isn't Starbucks.

The cafe's are B&N Cafe's powered by Starbucks.  If you can go into the cafe/Starbucks without paying for your purchases, then it's a Cafe, if you have to pay for your purchases before going in, then it's a Starbucks.  

Also, the straight Starbucks generally have doors to the outside and they can close and lock the door to the B&N.  

The Cafe's are open to the store, with no "door" to go through.  The cafe's also tend to have different food items.

Starbucks - You can use a Starbucks gift card.

Cafe - Can use a B&N gift card and your B&N membership if you have one.

Distinguished Correspondent
Tboner
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

MarkinStLouis wrote:

The cafe's are B&N Cafe's powered by Starbucks.  If you can go into the cafe/Starbucks without paying for your purchases, then it's a Cafe, if you have to pay for your purchases before going in, then it's a Starbucks.  

Also, the straight Starbucks generally have doors to the outside and they can close and lock the door to the B&N.  

The Cafe's are open to the store, with no "door" to go through.  The cafe's also tend to have different food items.

You my friend have WAY to much time on your hands :smileyhappy: or you are really adicted to the goodies....

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Tboner wrote:

bklvr896 wrote:

MarkinStLouis wrote:

You my friend have WAY to much time on your hands :smileyhappy: or you are really adicted to the goodies....

:smileyvery-happy:No, I just happen to have one of each close to me and I learned the differences very early on.  Particularly with whether or not I could use my Starbucks gift cards and my B&N membership.  I also noticed the Cafe sells Cheesecake factory cheesecake.

Frequent Contributor
klv84
0 Kudos

Oh how I wish there was a BN around here!

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

FrogAlum wrote:

If your Barnes & Noble does not have a Cafe please redeem at the checkout area.

You folks with "just a Starbucks" can still get the chocolates.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923

Worth mentioning that supplies for this promotion are a lot more limited than the usual cafe giveaways, so if you want them go early.

Frequent Contributor
passthepeas
0 Kudos

Total newbie questions...  Where are these coupons found?  On the NOOK in "The Daily"? Does it pop up when you take your NOOK into the store? If I buy one this week will I miss out on the coupon?

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@passthepeas,

Thank you for posting.  We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

The "FREE GODIVA GEMS" can be found when you enter a Barnes and Noble store and tap on Shop then arrow down and go to the Special Offers and Articles section and press the right arrow to go to the second offer.

Also make sure that you are connected to the B&N Store Wifi.

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

I've noticed that my Barnes & Noble Wi-fi has been on the fritz.

I talked to somenone working there, and they said someone was trying to upgrade it, but it goes off and on all the time.

Is there any way I can do this without having it connected?

Wordsmith
Michael-V

@Alanakat,

Thank you for posting.  We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable.

Do you have the WiFi only NOOK or the 3G version (which includes WiFi)?

With regards to the WiFi connection problem, try this...

This should fix your connection issue:

1.  Tap on the WiFi tab.

2. Tap on the Wi-Fi hotspot

3.  Tap on the connected Wifi (the one that has the check mark)

4. Tap on Forget

5.  Scan again for Wifi hotspots and then reconnect.

Please let me know if this worked for you...

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

I do have the one with the 3G and I just wondered if it would matter, because they mentioned you had to be connected, but if the store in Valparaiso, IN, has told me they are "working on it" to get it updated and where it is throuout the whole store and not just in the cafe.

Wordsmith
steffiebaby140
0 Kudos

Hmmmm......20 minute drive to the nearest B&N store.....free Godiva chocolate....oh the dilemma.  Now where are my car keys.  :smileywink:

In a perfect world the chicken would be able to cross the road without his intentions being questioned.
Contributor
RETSKOON
0 Kudos

I'm headed to B&N on my way home to get some chocolate!

Does B&N do these type of things/promotions for Nook users very often?  I just got my Nook this weekend and haven't connected in the store yet.