Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

LOL, I'm in that group and all I can say is WOW!! It's getting a little heated in there!

Yeah, about like Texas in mid August!:smileysurprised:

LOL!!!!   Hopefully it'll cool off a little bit now...

Yeah, but will I ever look at chocolate the same way again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!   :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
gulo
0 Kudos

At least we're not the last ones in the line now that the new orders have been pushed to Feb 12th

Frequent Contributor
EmmaD
0 Kudos

FrogAlum wrote:

LOL, I'm in that group and all I can say is WOW!! It's getting a little heated in there!

Yeah, about like Texas in mid August!:smileysurprised:

LOL!!!!   Hopefully it'll cool off a little bit now...

Yeah, but will I ever look at chocolate the same way again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!   :smileysad:

OMG!!! You are too funny!!

Contributor
Raven312
0 Kudos

I was surprised to see that there will be another waiting group after us.  I figured they'd have had enough production after the holiday hump where our orders, then the stores would start getting stocked.  That's good news for B&N.

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

I too am anxiously awaiting my nook shipment, checking the 1-4, 1-11 and 1-15 boards.  I ordred mine 1-12 so just missed the 1-15 shipment.  I would love mine nook earlly but I am ok with it just shipping on time.  I have filled my e-library with:  Sue Grafton's Alphabet mysteries (A is for Aliby ect.)

The Thriteenth Tale

Gone With The Wind

The Watchers

Eight Cousins and other free classics

There are other books I cannot remmember but I have a total of 32 books in all.  I do have a kindle so I have been reading e-books since Sept. and am currently reading Undaunted and just finished Under the Dome.  I love my kindle but would have waited for the nook had I known it was being released.  The only e-reader that was associated with B&N that I knew about before ordering my kindle was the one from Plastic Logic and that one did not appear to meet my needs so I ended up with a kindle. I received gift cards so have been able to get a nook and really cannot wait for it.  I am excited for e-books to really become popular although I will continue to buy books like Uncle Toms Cabin and other books that I really want to keep and pass to my posterity.    I too am glad that we are not the last class and am glad for the nooks popularity!

Correspondent
crim_crazy622
0 Kudos

I agree. There are certain books I will keep.  I've got a John Douglas book that he autographed for me and a book by Tim O'Brien autographed.  I can't seem to part with any of my Wally Lamb books either.  (I wish they had these on e-reader.)  I've had my copy of She's Come Undone since 2003.  I won't give it up either. I've read it probably about 7 times.  It just seems to get better every time. 

I also wish some of my school textbooks were offered ereader.  It would make my life easier!

"I think the fact that we're all gonna' die is a pretty good reason to stop complaining." ~Dave Matthews ~
Frequent Contributor
korray
0 Kudos

I was just wondering, I got this as a gift so I will not be able to track it(or can i if so just reply to me) so I was wondering if it is safe sitting in the cold on my door step? please help :smileyhappy:

Contributor
JenAL
0 Kudos

Just wanted to say hi!

I am waiting, not too patiently, for my nook to be shipped on Feb. 1!

I just ordered a cover from Janine King designs http://www.etsy.com/shop/janinekingdesigns - and I am very excited. Cherry Blossom espresso! The deluxe kindle klutch is on sale for $29.99 from a regular price of $40... and I have heard nothing but good about this designer.

I emailed Janine King and asked to be sure the nook would fit in the cover- and she said yes and it is designed and padded for a naked device.

Yes, I am planning to read it naked! The ones in the BN store just feel good in the hand....

Frequent Contributor
Amanda98
0 Kudos

So my sweet hubby bought mine for me for Christmas in store, so you guys HAVE TO post as soon as you start getting shipping notices, since I won't be getting one :smileysad:  I'm starting to get excited, which is probably a little ridiculous since we still have a while to wait, but I am optimistically hoping they ship SUPER early!

oh, and let's all promise to keep this thread nice and happy, k?  not get mean and start name calling like *cough* some other threads *cough cough*

Everybody have a great afternoon!

Inspired Contributor
Deadpoe
0 Kudos

LOL  I hope this thread can stay nice and pleasant too.

I am in the Feb.1 class too.  So I know I have a while to go but am hoping for an early shipping.

Contributor
lindacolleen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

While I've been waiting patiently, well maybe not so patiently.

I've been busy buying books and other stuff.

One of the other threads has this link.  http://www.nook-look.com/  It has free screensavers and wallpaper.  I see they had a Twilight picture (I've noticed a few  Twilight fans here).  I have no idea how we use these items but I'll figure it out when I get the Nook.

I also did finally order an Oberson cover.  There is a video at their site under Kindle 2 that shows better what it looks like and it sold me.  I did order the blue rose cover that I was leaning toward.

Frequent Contributor
Petuniabishco
0 Kudos

JenAL wrote:

Just wanted to say hi!

I am waiting, not too patiently, for my nook to be shipped on Feb. 1!

I just ordered a cover from Janine King designs http://www.etsy.com/shop/janinekingdesigns - and I am very excited. Cherry Blossom espresso! The deluxe kindle klutch is on sale for $29.99 from a regular price of $40... and I have heard nothing but good about this designer.

I emailed Janine King and asked to be sure the nook would fit in the cover- and she said yes and it is designed and padded for a naked device.

Yes, I am planning to read it naked! The ones in the BN store just feel good in the hand....

Those covers are really nice!  I personally want a cover that is more of the book style, though, so that I can have it in the cover while I read.  Although I have been thinking about getting a sleeve-type cover to go along with the one I ordered (green Tupper cover from B&N) because I'm worried about stuff getting in the cover and scratching the screen, especially when it's in my purse or backpack.  My personal favorites from etsy are from Rogue Theory: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RogueTheory?section_id=6673412.  They're simple, yet really pretty.  I just don't think that my nook+cover would fit into this snug of a sleeve.  Who knows...maybe I'll change my mind about wanting the book style cover, and I'll end up ordering one.  Anyway, if anyone else is looking for a good cover, I definitely recommend looking on etsy...lots of cool handmade stuff!

Contributor
lindacolleen
0 Kudos

Isn't it fun to shop and plan for our Nooks. 

Lots of good choices out there.

This is off the topic but is there a way to edit your posts once you submit them.   I make my share of typos and the board I'm used to lets you go back and edit.   I figure this one must too but I can't find the link.

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

@ lindacolleen:  Click options in the upper right corner of the message you want to edit.  One of the choices that comes up is the option to edit your message. 

Frequent Contributor
Petuniabishco
0 Kudos

At the top corner of each post, there's a drop down menu that says "Options".  Just click on that and go down to edit reply.  I assume it works like a regular edit, but I haven't tried it yet myself.

Contributor
lindacolleen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I tried that but I don't see edit reply as a choice under options.  That was the first place I looked.

OK I take that back.  This time it was a choice.  Maybe I wasn't fast enough the other time for it to be there.  Or maybe I just somehow didn't see it on top.

Thanks for your help.

Frequent Contributor
DontPanic
0 Kudos

Class of Feb 1... and am very impatiently waiting :smileyhappy:  Keeping hoping ot see that the Jan 15 crowd is shipping ... but no word yet :smileysad:

Contributor
JenAL
0 Kudos

Those covers are really nice!  I personally want a cover that is more of the book style, though, so that I can have it in the cover while I read.  Although I have been thinking about getting a sleeve-type cover to go along with the one I ordered (green Tupper cover from B&N) because I'm worried about stuff getting in the cover and scratching the screen, especially when it's in my purse or backpack.  My personal favorites from etsy are from Rogue Theory: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RogueTheory?section_id=6673412.  They're simple, yet really pretty.  I just don't think that my nook+cover would fit into this snug of a sleeve.  Who knows...maybe I'll change my mind about wanting the book style cover, and I'll end up ordering one.  Anyway, if anyone else is looking for a good cover, I definitely recommend looking on etsy...lots of cool handmade stuff!

Petuniabishco- I like those sleeves! Very pretty! They don't look like a cover would fit in them, though. I am thinking a thin cover like your Tupper cover might actually fit in the bag by Janine King and would be happy to report after I have received the cover and the nook :smileyhappy: Now I am really wondering which will come 1st. And I am really hoping I won't want a book style cover too....

Frequent Contributor
la_writer
0 Kudos

Is anyone else feeling like they're going to end up spending more money on accessories than on the nook itself?  I think I'm going to end up with at least one cover - the Alice, for sure, and maybe a Javoedge - and at least one skin.  (I get bored easily.)  My husband is getting sick of me asking him which cover he likes best. 

I'm sure this thread won't turn out like a certain (cough)other thread.  All of us Feb. 1 folks are used to being patient, so we're much more civilized.  :smileywink: 

Contributor
lindacolleen
0 Kudos

I like those Etsy bags too.  Wondering if they make a tote that would hold my nook in its cover, my ipod,  and my knitting,  It looks like some of those bigger bags would work.