Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

I ordered Dec 12.  What I have observed in watching the other order dates (as far as when they are shipped) is it does not matter so much what date you ordered your nook as much as where it ships from.  They do not seem to ship on first ordere first shipped basis which is okay with me as long as mine ships by Feb 1 or close to expected ship date.

Frequent Contributor
jimcook2
0 Kudos

What determines where thay are shipped from?

And where are the "shipped from" locations?

Contributor
LadyBear10
0 Kudos

From what i read theres on in new jersey, but thats the only one i saw a bunch coming out from...

Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

LadyBear10 wrote:

From what i read theres on in new jersey, but thats the only one i saw a bunch coming out from...

That makes me very happy to hear.  I live in Maryland, not too far from N.J.  :-)

Frequent Contributor
Kourt
0 Kudos

I guess I am in tis class. Patiently waiting for February 1st!

Contributor
booknoob
0 Kudos

I too am in the class of 2/1.  I am waiting with great anticipation for my Nook to ship.  I ordered Dec. 14.

Contributor
LadyBear10
0 Kudos

The only thing I am worried about is snow. I am from southern Ohio, and this past week we were hit with a lot of snow. More is supposed to be coming in the next couple weeks too. I am starting to get antsy. I just want my nook to get here! :smileyvery-happy: Congrats to the nook for get the crunchie award for best new gadget in 2009!!

Frequent Contributor
la_writer
0 Kudos

LadyBear10, I live in northeast Ohio, and I have the same worries.  Our weather has been awful since Christmas.  Some of our Christmas presents from relatives in Colorado haven't arrived, so I'm a little worried about the nook. 

The sun came out for the first time in about two weeks yesterday, but today it's just gray and gloomy again.  After living in California for years, I forgot how miserable the winters can be.

Contributor
LadyBear10
0 Kudos

I never even considered the weather affecting my shipment. (I was just so anxious for the nook to ship). Yesterday, I got a notice saying my textbooks are being delayed because of the weather, and that's when it hit me. More snow may delay my nook.:smileysad: I am hoping that is not the case though. Right now I am waiting for my cover and screen protectors to arrive for my nook. Since my nook was a gift I have been receiving the accessories separate. Tomorrow marks exactly three weeks until our shipment date though! I need to learn patience the hard way.

Contributor
rockrchic923
0 Kudos

I ordered mine on the 30th and it is killing me to wait this long! i am not usually a patient person so this is a real test for me.

Contributor
jsant
0 Kudos

Okay, so I don't want to get too excited here, but I just checked my credit card this morning and B&N has authorized my credit card for the nook.  Maybe they are just checking to see that I am still solvent, but I can't help but hope that this is it.  I checked my order status and no change.  Anyone else's card getting authorized?

J

Frequent Contributor
DontPanic
0 Kudos

My CC was authorized right when I placed my order at the end of December.  But that temporary authorization wetn away.

Did you recently place an order?

(Hey, I am hoping not, as I am anxiously waiting shipment too :smileyhappy: ).  But I have only seen one report of a Jan 15 order shipping early :smileysad:

Contributor
LadyBear10
0 Kudos

Hey DontPanic,

I saw a hitchhiker's guide wallpaper on another thread.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/eBooks-Help-Board/Hitchhiker-s-Guide-to-the-Galaxay-wallpaper...

I actually saved for my own nook :smileyvery-happy: Thought you might enjoy!

Contributor
jsant
0 Kudos

I placed my order on Dec 12th at which point my credit card was authorized.  That autorization fell off after a few days.  This is a new autorization from this morining and is the same amount as my entire purchase including my cover and waranty.  It may be nothing more than them reauthorizing my card since it has been a month.  I just thought it was strange to see the pending charge sitting there this morning.  Still I will keep my fingers crossed.:smileyhappy:

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

jsant wrote:

I placed my order on Dec 12th at which point my credit card was authorized.  That autorization fell off after a few days.  This is a new autorization from this morining and is the same amount as my entire purchase including my cover and waranty.  It may be nothing more than them reauthorizing my card since it has been a month.  I just thought it was strange to see the pending charge sitting there this morning.  Still I will keep my fingers crossed.:smileyhappy:

Nothing on mine. :smileysad:  Please keep us up to date on yours and good luck!

Frequent Contributor
dylanzeppelin
0 Kudos

My nook was ordered on December 26th as a belated Christmas present and I live outside of Philly, so fingers crossed we all get ours super early!! =)

Frequent Contributor
KeithK
0 Kudos

I am also a member of the class of Feb 1, 2010. this just happens to be my 60th birthday. I am looking forward to its arrival.

Frequent Contributor
DontPanic
0 Kudos

jsant wrote:

Woot!  Sound promising :smileyhappy:  Just don't tell the Jan. 15th shippers, they might not like it :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
DontPanic
0 Kudos

LadyBear10 wrote:

Hey DontPanic,

I saw a hitchhiker's guide wallpaper on another thread.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/eBooks-Help-Board/Hitchhiker-s-Guide-to-the-Galaxay-wallpaper...

I actually saved for my own nook :smileyvery-happy: Thought you might enjoy!

Always nice when someone gets the reference to a username :smileyhappy:  And thanks for the link... saved off the wallpaper with some Calvin & Hobbes ones I found on another board.

Contributor
Magoo2
0 Kudos

I too am in this group, parents ordered the nook for me as a christmas present around December 11th (may have been the 12th).

Anyone know how order date will affect shipping? (especially in this group).

Is it possible for someone who ordered on December 30th who is also in the Feb 1st shipping group to get it before me? If so that doesnt make much sense.

Thats the one question ive had this entire time!