Frequent Contributor
dubitosser0205
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

I too am a member of the Feb 1st class and have been stalking these boards since even before I ordered my nook on December 30th.  I am pumped to see people with the Jan 15th date start getting thier shipping notifications and nooks.  However, I try to keep a level head and try to wait and in order to not get my hopes up to high I keep telling myself that we probably won't start getting notifications until the 22nd. 

This may be the first time i have ever said the following...but I am hope I am wrong about that.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Starshifter
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have now read the manual three times.  I have read these forums, the mobileread forums and the nookboards forums countless times.  I've watched videos of the Nook in operation on the internet.  There is nothing left!  I know everything there is to know about the Nook.  I feel like I'm a self-proclaimed expert on the Nook - and I don't have one yet!  I love the anticipation.  Feb 1 is now less than 3 weeks from today!  It will be fun to "graduate" from the Feb 1st class with you guys and gals.

Frequent Contributor
violetangel
0 Kudos

Avista wrote:

I'm in Feb 1 class.  Will be out of town part of Jan.  Does anyone know if Nook will arrive by US Mail, UPS, FEB EX etc?    I'm OK if US Mail, but will need to have a neighbor watch if it will be left on my doorstep.  Thanks. Avista

Your shipping notice should tell you.  When you click on the link they give you it will likely take you to "Argix" (I have blocked it out...but something like that) which works with the postal lack-of-service (sorry...BAD experience with them) aka the mail, or it will take you to UPS.  So you'll know before it ships.

‎"No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anyone but oneself." -Virginia Woolf
Correspondent
crim_crazy622
0 Kudos

I was just wondering something....

the credit card I charged my nook to is my default credit card on bandn.  Has anyone else who hasn't gotten a dollar charge on their credit card, using their default card as well? 

I was thinking that maybe bandn isn't charging the default credit cards since it's a current card on file and maybe others didn't use a default credit card. 

Just an idea.

"I think the fact that we're all gonna' die is a pretty good reason to stop complaining." ~Dave Matthews ~
Contributor
Wiggum
0 Kudos

Ordered my Oberon Design case today for my Nook. I ordered the Sky Dragon in black.  Now just to get the Nook and I am all set :X

Contributor
SkinnyLexus
0 Kudos

test

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Watching CNN right now, somehow "having" to wait until Feb 1 (if not before then) doesn't seem quite as bad as it did a few hours ago...

Being a SoCal transplant, it really makes you think how capricious mother nature is.

People here don't understand tornados, I keep telling them we at least get warnings for those back home!

Contributor
booknoob
0 Kudos

Mobiem wrote:

I ordered on Dec. 12, so obviously, Feb. 1 ship date.  I have seen NOTHING since placing the order. I received an email confirmation then a second email saying it was scheduled to ship on Feb. 1. Other than that, nothing on order status page has ever changed and nothing ever on my credit card account.  That makes me a bit nervous since others have seen authorizations, etc.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? I hope so, that would make me feel a little better.

Thanks,

Hi Mobiem,

I ordered on Dec. 15th, and I received the same emails as you and nothing more.  I hope this helps.  It is so hard waiting, but we will persevere.

Contributor
ReaderMD
0 Kudos

I to stalk the boards to see if my Nook will ship early. One would think I have no life by always checking for "THE NOOK"

Contributor
SkinnyLexus
0 Kudos

With all the excitement on this board I figured I throw my 2 cents in.  I am also in this class of Feb 1, 2010 and wished I had ordered mine before Dec 25th.  I guess I was waiting to see if the Nook was going to be as impressive as some people were saying.  Like others on this board I have read the manual, looked at videos and even have a few ebooks in queue.  I am sort of undecided as to which book case to get.  The choices I have picked are The Dipped Industrial Canvas cover by Jack Spade and the Dillane Plaid cover in night.  Not sure if I just want to slide the Nook in and out a case easily and have the true feeling of it in my hands or put the Nook in a case and have to hold it open as I read which increases the weight.  I am really lookng forward to receiving this Nook because I wanted to begin reading some required books for school on the Nook but I had to end up buying them in paperback because classes start tomorrow.  I did call Barnes and nobles and they said I can return then buy Jan 30th and order the ebook version.  So I am even more eager to get my Nook before Feb 1st to begin using it for school. But I am here eagerly awaiting like everyone else.  Keep the inside info and updates coming!!!!!

Frequent Contributor
Luv2Read10
0 Kudos

Re: Feb.. 1 Orders

[ Edited ]

Upon reading other threads I have seen that some people have already dropped and damaged their nooks. I did not order the warranty. I read that Squaretrade offers a warranty for the nook. I don't want to break my nook and be left with nothing after waiting for so long. Have any of you ever used Squaretrade or considered this warranty? I would appreciate any feed back. Hope ours are shipped early I have been driving my hubby nuts for weeks.

Search here to win swagbucks to purchase Barnes and Noble giftcards.
Contributor
nolareader17
0 Kudos

OK...so I am probably about to annoy many of my fellow members of the class of 2/1.  I read on another post that someone walked into a B&N and found a nook that had been returned.  So, that got me thinking.  I called all of the stores in my area and low and behold there was a nook about an hour away.  It had been sitting in the manager's office for two weeks!  So, today after work (and calling to make sure it was still in the store) I made the road trip.  I am back home with my nook!  It is charging.  I've registered and ordered two books.

So, the moral of the story:

If you just can't wait another minute call around and see if there is a lonely nook waiting for a good home in a store.

Hopefully your Feb. 1st ship date comes early.  Happy reading!

Frequent Contributor
Petuniabishco
0 Kudos

Re: Feb.. 1 Orders

Luv2Read10 wrote:

Upon reading other threads I have seen that some people have already dropped and damaged their nooks. I did not order the warranty. I read that Squaretrade offers a warranty for the nook. I don't want to break my nook and be left with nothing after waiting for so long. Have any of you ever used Squaretrade or considered this warranty? I would appreciate any feed back. Hope ours are shipped early I have been driving my hubby nuts for weeks.

I have never used SquareTrade personally, but found that website and thought it sounded too good to be true.  I was able to find them on the Better Business Bureau website, though, with a really good rating.  I also did some googling and found good ratings from customers.

Right now they have a deal going where you can get 30% off the price of the warranty until midnight tonight, and 20% off until I think January 24th?  Just type in "newyear" in the coupon field on their website.  With the accidental coverage for 3 years, it comes to a little under $40, with the 30% off.  So if you think you're gonna do it, you should do it tonight.  You can buy it within 90 days of the purchase/order date, and you can buy the warranty before you get the nook, too.

Frequent Contributor
la_writer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Watching CNN right now, somehow "having" to wait until Feb 1 (if not before then) doesn't seem quite as bad as it did a few hours ago...

Being a SoCal transplant, it really makes you think how capricious mother nature is.

People here don't understand tornados, I keep telling them we at least get warnings for those back home!

A Texan in SoCal

Wait...what happened in SoCal today?  I used to live in L.A. (Playa del Rey.) 

I am being very patient with B&N, which is unlike me.  I keep telling myself that there are plenty of people in my family and in my neighborhood who couldn't afford a nook.  Unemployment in my county is nearly 15%.  I'm lucky to have a job, let alone be able to afford a nook.  So if there are people out there who get their shipping notices first or are lucky enough to find one in the store, good for them! 

Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

la_writer wrote:

A Texan in SoCal

I am being very patient with B&N, which is unlike me.  I keep telling myself that there are plenty of people in my family and in my neighborhood who couldn't afford a nook.  Unemployment in my county is nearly 15%.  I'm lucky to have a job, let alone be able to afford a nook.  So if there are people out there who get their shipping notices first or are lucky enough to find one in the store, good for them! 

Thank you for saying these things.  Sometimes I dare to forget.

Frequent Contributor
Petuniabishco
0 Kudos

I've been obsessive about checking these forums, and then I went to Yahoo and saw that there had been a huge earthquake in Haiti, and I sponsor a little girl who lives in Haiti, so that kind of put things in perspective. 

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

la_writer wrote:

A Texan in SoCal

Nothing in SoCal, I was watching the coverage of the 7.0 in Haiti...  Man, that place was misery personified before this...  I can't imagine what they are going to wake up to in the morning.

Between this one and the NorCal one a few days ago, it just makes you think...

We have a lucky client though, she was thinking about 4 nights in the Dominican at a resort early next month and was going to finalize the trip tomorrow!  Needless to say, she is changing venues, as it were.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Petuniabishco wrote:

I've been obsessive about checking these forums, and then I went to Yahoo and saw that there had been a huge earthquake in Haiti, and I sponsor a little girl who lives in Haiti, so that kind of put things in perspective. 

Exactly!  I hope she is all right and that you hear something soon.

Frequent Contributor
korray
0 Kudos

When do you guys think we will get ours, jan 15th are getting theirs sent now! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Wiggum
0 Kudos

I have several squaretrade warranties. I never had to use them yet, but a good friend did on his TV. The first time it broke they sent someone to his house and ordered a bulb. They put the bulb in and a few months later the TV broke completly. They didn't even bother sending anyone out. They refudned his 1700 dollars within a 3-4 days. 

If you do go squaretrade then make sure you do some searching for coupons (30%,35%,etc.) Squaretrade lets you take a scan of your reciept and upload it to the site so you don't have to have it handy in case of service.