Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
crim_crazy622
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

Mobiem wrote:

I too am a Dec. 12 order.

SW Indiana

I've heard nada!!!

Any Hoosier's heard anything?

I am a SW Hoosier myself.... I have not heard a word... no charge to my cc not even the 1 dollar charge some were talking about.  (However, i used my default cc and I purchased two other nook items on that card and they have charged to it)... let me know if you get anything on your end... maybe our nooks will ship together! 

"I think the fact that we're all gonna' die is a pretty good reason to stop complaining." ~Dave Matthews ~
Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

la_writer wrote:

Still nothing here.  12/20 order date.  I'm kind of bummed. 

I had kind of a bad experience at my local B&N today.  I dropped in to see if they had any covers in stock.  They had one out (the Hutton envelope in black) on display next to the nook.  I picked it up and asked the girl behind the customer service counter, "Do you have any more covers?"  She barely glanced at me and said, in a real snotty tone, "No, that's it.  And we don't have any nooks either."  This is not my first bad experience with the people behind the customer service desk there.  Anyway, I took the Hutton envelope out of the box and played around with it.  I didn't like it.  The leather felt cheap and really stiff - not soft at all.  I also thought the opening for the nook was too small.  It seemed like a really tight fit.  I like snap part of it, but I'd be afraid of damaging the e-ink screen when I tried to snap it.  I'm afraid it would crack under the pressure of the snap.

All this talk of rain and L.A. makes me miss it, though I don't miss commuting on the 405.  (I don't think my hsuband misses it, either.  He racked up more than one ticket by driving in the carpool lane.)

There was a large selection at the Annapolis, Md., BN store.  The guy was really nice and was extremely helpful talking about the nook (which I was able to play with) and the many different covers.  i didn't like many of them, but liked a couple.  Since slipcovers and sleeves are not my preference, I somewhat limited my selection.  I liked some of the $39.99 covers much better than the really fancy, dancy ones.  I was most certainly not impressed with the $125.00 Spade.  Since I already ordered an Oberon, I'm looking at a BN Madison Trifold in mink as a "backup" cover.

Contributor
MissBlane
0 Kudos

@Lilygrrl: Was the Tupper cover available when you ordered?  That's the one I want, but now it only says you can pre-order for April.  I've ordered the Adler & cover while I wait for the Tupper one.  Jealous!

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

My Oberon cover arrived yesterday and I love it!  My nook arrived in SLC and will be delivered tommorrow.  I cannot believe after watching the boards and going to B&N store to play with the store nook then ordering and canceling 4 or 5 times that I will have my own nook:smileyhappy:  I certainly never expected to have it this early and hope that all our class receives theirs soon.  It will be very hard working tommorrow!

Inspired Contributor
Joelmbenge
0 Kudos

gulo wrote:

I ordered on 12/12 and still nothing

I ordered mine ont he 18th.  So, if the late-month people's noitices are anything to go by, I should at least get mine before yours.  Kidding!!!

It really does seem like they're doing a LIFO (Last In, First Out) system.  Though I suspect they have several shipping locations and some are just more on the ball than others.

Contributor
jsant
0 Kudos

Count me in as a 12/12 order with no ship notice.  I placed my order in the store.  I also ordered a cover and pink back piece which are now on back order until March.  I cancelled both yesterday in the hopes of a freaking ship notice....no dice.  The CS rep told me I could re-order both after we cancelled, but sadly that was not true.  They are no longer available for order and I lost my place in line.  What a bummer.  And again, no shipping notice.:smileysad:

Oh, forgot to say I am in Houston.

Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

dreamcatcherSM wrote:

My Oberon cover arrived yesterday and I love it!  My nook arrived in SLC and will be delivered tommorrow.  I cannot believe after watching the boards and going to B&N store to play with the store nook then ordering and canceling 4 or 5 times that I will have my own nook:smileyhappy:  I certainly never expected to have it this early and hope that all our class receives theirs soon.  It will be very hard working tommorrow!

So happy for you (both for your nook and Oberon)!  I *hope* to get my nook notice tomorrow or so...  :-)

Frequent Contributor
TheLoreleiSong
0 Kudos

So glad I'm not the only one being obsessive about this - I even dreamed about my nook last week.  I just found this thread today, and read all 28 pages in one go!  Still no ship notice for me, I ordered the day after Christmas with all my GCs.  I got really excited when I read the earlier post about people returning perfectly good nooks to brick and mortar stores and called 5.  Would you believe that FOUR of them had some, and 3 of those sold YESTERDAY?  (The 5th sold a week ago, sad pie.)  Here's hoping the wait doesn't kill us!

Frequent Contributor
NookSusan
0 Kudos

Fictionwise is a book club that offers rebates based on how you pay for their books. Sometimes they offer a rebate if you use a credit card and sometimes the rebates apply if you use PayPal (which I usually use). The rebates are some percentage of the total cost of the book up to 100%. So, if you buy a book for $5.99 and there is a 100% rebate, you pay $5.99 for the book and receive a rebate (called Micropay rebate) for $5.99 which you can then use to buy another book. Here's a link to their FAQ http://www.fictionwise.com/help/micropayrebatefaq.htm.

It's really a good deal for readers. Be sure to sign up for their weekly notifications because you can get rebates on all books by a particular author if they're highlighting that author that week. It's a good way to pick up older books at a decent price.

Contributor
Tx_Gal
0 Kudos

Does anyone know what happened to the backs in different colors?  I remember seeing them when I ordered my Nook on 1/6 but now the site doesn't have them with the frames.  Also, does anyone know if they had the same texture as the original nook backing?

Oh...no news here yet :smileysad:

Contributor
MelyK2009
0 Kudos

I just found this thread and sooo happy ! I am on the 2/1 order too and ordered my nook on 12/31. I've got 5 books ordered and waiting to be downloaded. I originally had my c/c authorized for the full amount and it fell off after about 5 days. I just checked this evening and found a pending charge on my account for "0.00" with tomorrow's date.. I'm reallllllllllllllly hoping this means they are authorizing my card and shipping it out early. Yesterday was my 29th birthday so it would be awesome to receive it early !!

I'll keep everyone posted..

oh, and I live in the Bay Area, Ca.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

@MelyK2009

Since I'm in SoCal, I hope you get it too! :smileywink:  Geography seems to be the only factor that is semi consistent with shipping.

Welcome aboard!

Frequent Contributor
korray
0 Kudos

I hope i get mine tomorrow!
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My son loades UPS trucks and is watching for mine nook so that he can pick it up and sign for it as I am working today.  I will not have to worry all day that my nook is sitting on the door step in the cold.   I am sending out good thoughts that the rest of our class receive shipping notices today or at the very latest tommorrow.  It is strange how B&N (or the company that they have contracted with) sends out orders.  While I am one of the people that ordered on 12-12 and did get my shipping notice early I do empathise with those that ordered the same day and still do not have their notices and some who ordered later have their notices.  I live in Utah but yet other posters who live in Utah and states on the westcoast have not received their notices.  I am crossing fingers, toes and eyes that the rest of our class receives notices no later than the middle of this week. :smileywink:  I also hope that all our nooks work perfectly.  It seems that the majority of people who have posted from the 12-15 class have had nooks that work with very few glitches so I hope that bodes well for our class.

Correspondent
crim_crazy622
0 Kudos

no news for me yet.... sigh...  I do have happy news.... my bronte cover in turquoise will be here today... so all the accesories I wanted for my nook are here and waiting for it when it arrives...   I'm trying to remind myself that I am lucky that I possibly do not have to wait another two weeks to hear anything...that maybe by the end of this week or hopefully next week... i will have my nook... 

"I think the fact that we're all gonna' die is a pretty good reason to stop complaining." ~Dave Matthews ~
Contributor
Lilygrrl
0 Kudos

MissBlane wrote:

@Lilygrrl: Was the Tupper cover available when you ordered?  That's the one I want, but now it only says you can pre-order for April.  I've ordered the Adler & cover while I wait for the Tupper one.  Jealous!

It was available for preorder with a mid January ship date.  I hope it will be here soon!

Contributor
braesmom6
0 Kudos

Well, DD has been keeping me updated and still no notice! I live in Utah as was noticing that another Utahn has received her notice.  I certainly hope that it will be delivered soon! My dd is getting annoyed with me and wants me to receive it soon as well because that way I will leave her alone.

New User
bookmomKM
0 Kudos

I got a message on Saturday that my nook had shipped.  I was hoping it would come today--even checked and UPS is delivering today but there has been no update on my status other than billing.  any ideas?

Contributor
stradavarius
0 Kudos

I have two pending charges for $1.00 on my CC.  One was on the 14th and one on the 17th.  I don't know why there are two.  I used my on file CC to purchase some books in the meantime with no problems.  No charge for the full amount yet.  I live in southeastern Virginia.