Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

I'm in Cali too...feeling no love from the nook. :smileysad:

Reader 2
angryinpa
0 Kudos

I really do not belive that it has anything  to do with location of warehouses and your location or the dates that you ordered....because my sister lives two blocks from me and I ordered mine and my mothers before hers.  I just think they are being random.

Frequent Contributor
korray
0 Kudos

So when will we get better covers?

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos
Contributor
Ameered
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just got my Shipping notice tonight (Jan 19th) at 8:35pm.

~ Bought on Jan 2nd

~ Paid with CC (my mom paid for it and she lives in California dont know if that matters)

~ Live/Being shipped to Portland, Oregon

~ Bought Alice cover and screen protector in seperate order that already arrived (Alice cover is amazing!)

~ Has 1 cat

Did I leave anything out?

~ I ordered so much later than many people on here, im sorry : [ i wish they did the shiping more fair.

Contributor
MEgalUprooted
0 Kudos

sNooke is here!!!

She made it to North Dakota. She was cold at first but has since warmed up. Snooke did not want to register at first, her new home is not a strong AT&T area (mostly of the state is red not blue-LOL),but after a few tries setting up the home wi-fi she did great and immediately registered. Do you think she might be shy?  She loves her new Borsa Bella bag and is anxious for her decalgirl skin and Oberon cover to arrive  on Friday. She even let me apply the B&N screen protectors. (She WILL upgrade to a Zagg someday soon) We are bonding quickly and as long as my strokes are short and swift she turns the page 7 of 10 times. First eBook she is sharing is Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky. I better run sNooke is calling:smileyhappy:

Hope the rest of this class receives their Nooks and shipping notices soon.

Contributor
holacandita
0 Kudos

I'm not really sure about that map, because my Nook was ordered 12/20 and I'm in Central NY and I'm still waiting for the elusive shipping notice.... I hadn't really given much hope to my Nook coming for my upcoming two trips for work, but now that they've started shipping, I'm letting myself get a little optimistic. 

Contributor
LadyBear10
0 Kudos

this website is awesome for book recommendations.

http://bookseer.com/

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

FrogAlum,

Thanks for posting the picture.  It was just what I needed.

Contributor
MissBlane
0 Kudos

On the bright side, having a Feb 1 ship date gives B&N more time to get some of those kinks worked out!

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm in Seattle and am waiting patiently for my shipping notification.

Ordered 12/26 in store, Pacific Place, Seattle, WA.

Paid with CC

Member, but I don't think they asked for my member number when I ordered.

Ordered with protection plan, no accessories

Brown eyes

1 cat, 1 dog, no human children

Married

Favorite color is blue

Gemini

Contributor
Raven312
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

tessnpink wrote:

I guess im just afraid that I will never have that joy again with my kids, because I dont know if I really want to support them anymore. 

Also, I know that shipping can be a hassle.  More so for large boxes and heavy shipments.  But come on here.  We are talking about a small box that has no trouble fitting in these trucks.  As a previous dispatcher.  Its not that diffecult.  They are not waiting for a bigger demand here.  Its obviously out there.

CS reps also have meetings on large complaints and are told how to handle it.  Sometimes several times a day.  They have a special 1800 number for the nook, A specialized number for this purchase only.  They should know what is going on.  And former cs reps who say they understand how hard it is for cs at barnes and noble.  You also should know that telling a customer that they are lying is definatly a no, no.  I am sure you would not do that.  You would try to make them happy before they hang up.

Tess, you make it sound so simple when I assure you it's not.  As far as trying to make you happy, from your posts nothing short of putting the nook in your hand by the end of the phone call will do it, from the sounds of it.  What would you have them do, barring that?  CS cannot tell you why someone else's shipped ahead of yours.  Most of them don't even know how the shipping process works.  I pray you get your nook - and soon.  Sounds like you're putting too much stress on the situation - but that's just my opinion from the vibe I'm getting here.

Contributor
0 Kudos

How cute is that doggie?!  I have one that looks just like it!  His name is Biscuit!  I am originally from Arkansas and we love our biscuits!  LOL!!

Contributor
Raven312
0 Kudos

TheLoreleiSong wrote:

looptyloo wrote:

The Oak Brook store or one in the city is probably the best bet. Oak Brook actually had the accessories.

The one by me with the most stuff was the Schaumburg one by Woodfield, but Oak Park wouldn't be unreasonable.  The city, on the other hand, probably would...

I heard that Oak Park had accessories but I haven't had a chance to stop through to confirm it.  I haven't seen any in the city yet, though I'm also told they has some accessories at North/Clybourn.

Frequent Contributor
Kat6783
0 Kudos

i had a feb 1 ship date and i got mine today!!!!!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
EmmettSnape
0 Kudos

Just got my shipping notice abt 1 hour ago!  Yeah!  Should have it by Friday   

Frequent Contributor
Kat6783
0 Kudos

im in california

New User
Darknight16
0 Kudos

I'm in CA and just got my ship confirmation tonight. Ordered on 12/11.