Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
csm7728
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

Yay!!!!  I'm finally graduating!  Received my shipping notice & it shipped today!  Ordered 12/14 and I'm in SW Indiana. I am so excited after lurking & posting here for the past week!!  Hopefully, it arrives by Friday & I'll have the WHOLE weekend to play!! Damn the toilets and laundry!  I'm getting to know my Nook!  Kids & hubby....if I can't crock pot it...you're on your own for eats this weekend!!! LOL!:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
Aggie07
0 Kudos

Well, I just got the shipping notice for my cover so I thought I would check my husband's account to see if my Nook had shipped also. When I went to the main page, it still said "Not Yet Shipped" but when I clicked on the details next to nook it said it was shipped today and give the tracking info! My birthday is tomorrow so happy birthday to me I guess.

My husband ordered 12/14 and we're in Texas.

Frequent Contributor
gulo
0 Kudos

Aggie07 wrote:

Well, I just got the shipping notice for my cover so I thought I would check my husband's account to see if my Nook had shipped also. When I went to the main page, it still said "Not Yet Shipped" but when I clicked on the details next to nook it said it was shipped today and give the tracking info! My birthday is tomorrow so happy birthday to me I guess.

Same here, my main order status page still shows "Not Yet Shipped"

Correspondent
crim_crazy622
0 Kudos

gulo wrote:

Aggie07 wrote:

Same with mine and it doesn't show my cc being charged.  I am sure this will come in the next few hours or tomorrow! 

"I think the fact that we're all gonna' die is a pretty good reason to stop complaining." ~Dave Matthews ~
Correspondent
crim_crazy622
0 Kudos

csm7728 wrote:

Yay!!!!  I'm finally graduating!  Received my shipping notice & it shipped today!  Ordered 12/14 and I'm in SW Indiana. I am so excited after lurking & posting here for the past week!!  Hopefully, it arrives by Friday & I'll have the WHOLE weekend to play!! Damn the toilets and laundry!  I'm getting to know my Nook!  Kids & hubby....if I can't crock pot it...you're on your own for eats this weekend!!! LOL!:smileyvery-happy

Ours are on the same truck probably I'm going south of you a bit but nonetheless!! My husband isn't going to be happy with me either.  I'm working on getting homework done tonight so I spend tomorrow messing around with it. 

"I think the fact that we're all gonna' die is a pretty good reason to stop complaining." ~Dave Matthews ~
Contributor
Tim_in_SJ
0 Kudos

Man, am I getting depressed. I can't stand it any more. I've tried being good. I've tried being nice. Now it's time for action! I have an idea.... I'll just drive up the turnpike, knock on the B&N warehouse door and demand my nook from the poor, under-paid warehouse janitor. They'll give me one just because I'm a nice guy. I'll even prove it to them by saying please. That should work...I know it will work...won't it? Ok, Ok, I give up. I'll just sit here eating my Good's Potato Chips, drinking my Diet Pepsi and pressing the refresh button. C'mon B&N...I want my nook! :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
TheLoreleiSong
0 Kudos

crim_crazy622 wrote:

gulo wrote:

Aggie07 wrote:

Same with mine and it doesn't show my cc being charged.  I am sure this will come in the next few hours or tomorrow! 

I can't find the details part...  In fact, nowhere on mine does it say "nook" at all.  All I have is this:

Items from Barnes & Noble.com Standard Items

• Shipping Method: Expedited Delivery
Description Quantity Shipping Status Gift Options Discount Total Price
  • The details of this item are not displayed to maintain your privacy
  • UPC: ******9998
Expected Ship Date: February 1, 2010
  • Gift-Wrap: No
  • Gift Message: No
  • $0.00
$259.00
Reader 4
rule10b5
0 Kudos

All I can say is that seeing orders placed post my order being fulfilled first and B&N has never explained how they are determining what sequence the orders are shipping is an interesting sight.  In the end it is just an object, but now I am starting to hope they actually deliver on Feb 1st and not before.  That way I have time to see the new device from Applie and decide if the nook will be worth it.  B&N should be thinking about how many orders they are going to lose.

Order placed on December 18th.  No notice received as of today.

Frequent Contributor
EmmettSnape
0 Kudos

Chrytech2 wrote:

For those of you who received shipping notices in the last few days, did your B&N Order Status change once you received your ship notice or did it take a few days?

My order shipped, I got the notice about 3 hours later, status changed about 3 hours after that. The one time i don't rush to check my email when my iphone goes off & it's my notice. Figures... :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Luv2Read10
0 Kudos

Checked UPS and although I had expedited shipping which I guess is 3 days Ups updated my delivery date to tomorrow, and it was just shipped tonight. WOOHOO!!!!! My Tupper cover will be on the same truck. Hope everyone gets notices by the end of the weekend.

Search here to earn swagbuck to buy B and N cards. It really helps. I am working on card number 4.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Britariel

Search here to win swagbucks to purchase Barnes and Noble giftcards.
Frequent Contributor
EmmettSnape
0 Kudos

Just out of curiousity - anyone else have the serial number for their nook included in their email? I just thought it was odd when I noticed it. Talk about being specific.
Frequent Contributor
Luv2Read10
0 Kudos

Yes I noticed that also. I did not write it down yet but probably should.

Search here to win swagbucks to purchase Barnes and Noble giftcards.
Contributor
MalteseMiMi
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've been reading the boards for a couple of weeks and learning lots from all of you.  It's been getting very exciting seeing so many of our group receiving shipping notices and then actually receiving their nooks.  I'm still waiting.  I guess it's a good thing work has kept me so busy.  My husband originally ordered my nook on Nov. 28 as a Christmas present.  Due to an error typing in the credit card number, it got cancelled.  He did not realize it, until he started checking as to why my Christmas present hadn't arrived!  So he reordered on 12/21.  No shipping notice, cc charge, or status change yet. 

We live N. of Dallas TX

BandN member

"Sugar" is my Maltese Baby

I'm MiMi to all my adopted Grandbabies

Have a Sweet Bichon, "Smoochie" and a DH

Love reading and writing

Maybe I'll be able to tell you I have a shipping notice in the morning like so many did today.  Thanks for all the ideas on covers, skins, etc!

Frequent Contributor
gulo
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Luv2Read10 wrote:

Checked UPS and although I had expedited shipping which I guess is 3 days Ups updated my delivery date to tomorrow, and it was just shipped tonight. WOOHOO!!!!! My Tupper cover will be on the same truck. Hope everyone gets notices by the end of the weekend.

Search here to earn swagbuck to buy B and N cards. It really helps. I am working on card number 4.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Britariel

My UPS shows  3 DAY SELECT with Billing Information Received 

Did yours changed to delivery tomorrow from the same status? That would be cool

Contributor
jsant
0 Kudos

Holly Ship!!!!  My shipping notice came at 6:51PM today.  My order was placed on 12/12 at the Houston B&N store.  Nook is coming UPS 3 day.  Looks like a big batch of notices went out tonight.  Good luck to everyone still waiting on their notice.

Contributor
EagerlyWaitingPA
0 Kudos

Ohhh Emmm Geeee!!!!!

I finally got my shipping notification and it will be here tomorrow!  Hurray for expedited shipping!

I am in eastern PA and ordered 12/20

green eyes...cat begging me to go to bed...purring loudly...LOL

just came from my oldest daughter's house where I helped her give my grandson his first bath (official photographer!)

Life is good.

(hoping for all who are still waiting- tonight may be your night!)

Frequent Contributor
TheLoreleiSong
0 Kudos

So since Tink helped me through today (and she's gorgeous, have to say it again!) I offer my own distraction for us.  The only thing that could break through my obsession tonight.  (And incidentally, my first screensaver, I've decided.  :smileywink:

Ah, Ronon - you're mine!  Amelia, back off my man!  *KISS!*

New User
LCoulter_19K
0 Kudos

I've been lurking for months, and since I haven't seen my state (Missouri) being posted as having incoming nooks I figured I ought to let my fellow Missourians know that we're in play too. Mine should get here on the 22nd.

LOUISVILLE, KY, US01/20/20104:22 P.M.DEPARTURE SCAN

01/20/201012:42 P.M.ARRIVAL SCAN
NEWARK, NJ, US01/20/201010:18 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN

01/20/20106:46 A.M.ARRIVAL SCAN
PHILADELPHIA, PA, US01/20/20104:00 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN
PHILADELPHIA, PA, US01/19/201011:57 P.M.ORIGIN SCAN
US01/19/20105:37 P.M.BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

My dad ordered it for me for Christmas on the first Sunday after the ship date was pushed back to 2/1, I can't remember when that was. He ordered it online, using a M/C, is not a B&N member, and works for the state.

Tankers - Why carry your weapon into battle, when it can carry you?

2/11 ACR - Allons!

Reader 4
poohbearWA
0 Kudos

My excitement is growing in anticipation of my nook, affectionately known as “Dumb A**”.  I spent all day preparing home options for him.  See attached picture.  It is yet to be seen which home he will get to move into.  I will keep you posted after he arrives.Nook Dumbass

New User
dustinzoe
0 Kudos

Ordered December 19, 2009 online.

In Washington State [east side].

Also ordered Hutton Envelope in Bark.

Expected ship date on both: February 1, 2010.

Still haven't heard anything :smileysad: