Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
GadgetDude
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

Just got my shipping notification - nothing more that a link to Argix Direct indicating that they got the billing information and it will ship via USPS from NJ.

Ordered December 18th by my wife

Shipping to SE Michigan.  

I figure it should be here early next week.  :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
gulo
0 Kudos

crim_crazy622 wrote:

NeedMyNook wrote:

My nook is being sent "Expedited Air Delivery", How late do you think they could ship it in order to get to me by Wed at noon?!!  I am going on a trip that day and really to read it on the plane!!

mine was expedited air delivery as well.  I got the notice yesterday evenng and mine was in my hands about 17 hours later....

hmm, mine says Expedited Delivery and it's a 3 day shipping- went out yesterday with delivery date on Monday

New User
maggi43
0 Kudos

Guess what, I got my Nook today and I've been on hold for over an hour now with tech support because while trying to download my first book, it locked up and I can't even turn it off now.  I am not a happy camper to say the least.  And since I am seeing so many threads on this board about freezing up etc, it seems this is a known issue.  Why hasn't something been done about this.  I think I wish I had a Kindle.

Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

Still no love for me here in Maryland with an early shipping notice...   Feb. 1 is really and truly not that far away, but it sure feels like it  It'll get here before I know it.  :smileytongue:

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

You might try these posts found with the search function:  http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=frozen+nook#message-list

There are several work arounds that help with this issue, most people don't have it happen twice.  Did you let it charge fully before you started using it?

Reader 2
NookNole
0 Kudos

YEAH!!!  Just got my shipping notice!  DH ordered it on 12/16 and it should be here early next week.  It is coming from Edison, NJ and we live in NE Florida.  Now to get my Oberon cover, m-edge light, and DecalGirl skin!!:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
justbunny
0 Kudos

I used a MasterCard

Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

Hmmm...  Looks like many of the people getting their shipping notices recently are those who ordered in mid-Dec, which kinda makes more sense.  What didn't make sense was people who ordered just this month already getting theirs.  Not a complaint--just an observation.

Contributor
Chip5357
0 Kudos

Lookie, Lookie, still NO NOOKIE!!!!

Chip Goodhart
Contributor
holacandita
0 Kudos

I ordered 12/20 and still (im)patiently waiting.... I travel for work quite often and was really hoping it would show up before I leave Monday morning, but it's not looking promising....

Contributor
MalteseMiMi
0 Kudos

Hubby ordered on 12/21.  Live north of Dallas.  Still waiting ...no word yet.  Maybe that e-mail and shipping notice will show up while I'm snoozing tonight.  I'm glad most people who have received theirs are loving it!  I can hardly wait!!!

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Ordered 12/28 and still no shipping notice.

I've resorted to telling myself that if it comes after the next software update rumored to be coming at the end of January, I won't have to deal with any of the freezing, bookmark, sentences cut off, and other problems people who already have their nook are experiencing :smileyhappy:

I keep telling myself that, BUT I STILL WANT MY NOOK NOW!!

LOL

Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh Happy Day (or night)!  I just got the infamous shipping notice!!!  My nook is being shipped via UPS!!!  Hopefully, I will have it soon and won't have to be wondering where it could be! :smileyhappy:  Good luck to all!!

Correspondent
katworley
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I just checked UPS's tracking page... my Nook left Philadelphia yesterday, and was scheduled for delivery on Monday. However, it was "scanned for departure" from San Jose, California at 8 pm this evening (Thursday). There's no way it would take from Thursday to Monday to get from San Jose to Loomis (a bit over 100 miles) unless they took it by roller skate. I'm hoping for delivery either tomorrow or Saturday...  

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

katworley wrote:

I just checked UPS's tracking page... my Nook left Philadelphia yesterday, and was scheduled for delivery on Monday. However, it was "scanned for departure" from San Jose, California at 8 pm this evening (Thursday). There's no way it would take from Thursday to Monday to get from San Jose unless they took it by roller skate. I'm hoping for delivery either tomorrow or Saturday...  

Hope for tomorrow, they don't deliver on Saturday.  Still waiting for my notice in SoCal...

We just had a "for real" thunderstorm, pea sized hail and everything!  First one I've had in three years!  Tink does NOT like thunder!

Frequent Contributor
EmmettSnape
0 Kudos

EmmettSnape wrote:

Well, my Adler cover just arrived.  Still waiting on an update re: my nook.  The last thing UPS says is it shipped from Edison, NJ Tuesday night.  No updates since then.  Ugh. 

At least its not the USPS - their tracking is even worse.

Can't wait 'til my nook gets here.  Still can't decide on a name, though.  :smileyhappy:

Status updated!  It arrived in town at 1:02 am.  It's almost home!  Now, off to bed.  Night, all!
Contributor
stradavarius
0 Kudos

Just got my shipping notice!!  It's coming via Argix direct in NJ.  I live in southeastern VA and ordered on 17DEC09.  It should make it to me in time for my next business trip.  Very excited am I, says I.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

It appears to be going more or less in date ordered order now. Maybe B&N fixed the shipping software. Of course I would have preferred them fixing it AFTER I received my nook ahead of everyone else.

Frequent Contributor
Luv2Read10
0 Kudos

Well after a UPS mix up (loaded on the wrong truck) the nook arrived during my daughter's birthday party last night. I waited to open it and let it get to room temp. As soon as I plugged it in it registered no problems. Took the nook tour  ( that I already had online, but it's not the same as reading it on your nook.) downloaded all of my book very quickly. Started reading the Dome. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. My only problem the swipe feature. I need to learn how to do that. I read on this board that think of it like an ipod. I have, and it still doesn't work for me. I will not give up, I will keep trying. My husband says why not just use the button, which I could but I want to learn everything about this nook, not skip over what is hard to me. I also am missing some book covers. I will use the search engine (FrogAlum) because I know I saw that before. Hope you all get your notices soon.

I finally graduated, when's the graduation party?

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Britariel

Search here to win swagbucks to purchase Barnes and Noble giftcards.
Contributor
Starshifter
0 Kudos

Ordered on Christmas Eve, Dec 24th and still no shipping notice.  I guess all us Dec 20-31 folks should be getting our shipping notices late this weekend and early next week.

Fingers crossed!