Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

Chip5357 wrote:

What do you say we race each other to the finish (delivery).  The one who laughs the most before that is the winner.  

OK, I'm in.  LOL!

Contributor
cheermom10
0 Kudos

I feel almost silly at how much I am anticipating the arrival of my Nook.  I have purchased my warranty, bought a cover that also has a light, bought a skin, and have lots of ebooks ready to download....now I just need a Nook.  I truly do feel like a child waiting for Christmas.  I hope it is all that I want it to be and that I am not disappointed.

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

For everyone on this thread waiting for their Nook to arrive I just want to tell you that my first 8 days with my Nook have been awesome. I have not experienced any freezing or lost book marks. You guys will love it.

Contributor
MissBlane

I'm glad more people are starting to get their nooks!  All that tension in here was a little daunting.  It took some of the fun out of being able to share with others who understood the excitement over actually getting the nook.

At any rate, it's wonderful.  For those of you who are still waiting (and/or lurking), this is the first thing I thought of when I found out B&N's new eReader was called a "nook."  What can I say? I love this book. :smileyhappy:

"We took a look. 
We saw a Nook. 
On his head 
he had a hook. 
On his hook 
he had a book. 
On his book 
was "How to Cook." 

We saw him sit 
and try to cook. 
He took a look 
at the book on the hook. 

But a Nook can't read, 
so a Nook can't cook. 
SO... 
what good to a Nook is hook cook book?"

--Dr. Seuss, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

Contributor
Starlexia
0 Kudos

I just checked my e-mail and the subject line "Package shipped to you" jumped out at me. I got excited for 1.5 sec until I read who sent it. Decalgirl telling me they shipped my skin. Problem is, I already got my skin on Thur. oh well, back to my books.

Contributor
brananna
0 Kudos

I've been lurking ever since I ordered on Jan. 6.  No exciting e-mails yet, but my Paypal account was actually charged (instead of just pending).  I checked my order status, and a UPC # is now listed.  It still says the expected ship date is Feb. 1, but I'm hoping that the other signs point to an earlier delivery.  What do you think?!

Contributor
Annie25KT
0 Kudos

Wow brananna, that sounds like good news. I have heard nothing. No charge to CC or email. I ordered on 12/26  Hope this means your nook is on it's way. :smileyhappy:

New User
RogueTheory
0 Kudos

Hey there :smileyhappy:

Thank you for the wonderful compliments.

We just wanted to let you guys know that our Handmade eReader Techees fit the Nook ($15). Feel free to check out the feedback section of our shop for customer reviews. 

We can also customize your Techee for you if you would like it a little bigger so your nook will fit with your Tupper Cover on. :smileyhappy:

We can also make you a Techee with a zipper for $18

Thanks again for including our shop in you discussion. 

Happy Reading and Warm Wishes, 

Kim & Christina 

Rogue Theory

www.RogueTheory.Etsy.com

Contributor
tinap53
0 Kudos

Bran, I ordered mine on Jan 1 and still waiting as well. I also have had a UPC code on my order status for a while. I am not sure that tells us anything new.  But I am still hoping on an early delivery or at least we only have another week anyway right!

Contributor
davdav
0 Kudos

AH! Today my order for the nook dissapeared from my bn.com account! It says I haven't placed any orders in the last six months! I even tried signing in through the confirmation email, but it's still gone! What should I do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Contributor
tinap53
0 Kudos

Call customer service immediately! (or at least when they open) I would be freaked out too!

Contributor
Chip5357
0 Kudos

Congrats SeussMeister,

You are in the "Waiting for Delivery" Nook Laughathon Race.

Chip Goodhart
Contributor
MoonMystic
0 Kudos

la_writer wrote:

Have there been any shipping notices for the 12/20 folks today?  All I have seen are 12/19, which means we're right around the corner!  Yay!

I ordered on December 20th and yet another morning with no shipping notice. 

Frequent Contributor
DontPanic
0 Kudos

t to bust any bubbles, but my order status page has always had a UPC number listed on it since I orders on 12/29.  That is different than the serial number that is supposed to show up in the shipment e-mail.

Tick-tock, 2/1 is coming soon!

Frequent Contributor
Luv2Read10
0 Kudos

I finally got the swipe down. I am so proud of myself for not giving up. I don't even use the buttons now. I have been reading the Dome by Stephen King. Great book BTW. I received my nook Thursday evening and I had to recharge last night (Saturday evening) so battery life is not that great, but I still LOVE my nook. I would like to sideload some wallpapers and screensavers, but worried about taking that leap and freezing my nook. I have had no freezing and no bookmark problems thus far (cross my fingers) Hope you all get your notices soon.:smileyhappy:

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Britariel

Search here to win swagbucks to purchase Barnes and Noble giftcards.
Contributor
Pelikan
0 Kudos

I would like to plug my product for your Nook as well. Its an eBooklet priced at 99 cents.

Its called Suicide by Motorbike: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8980

Thank you for looking. Good luck with your nooks. I can't wait to recieve mine!

Contributor
nightreader60
0 Kudos

i have been silently watching this thread for a short while, My NOOK was ordered for me by my husband and kids on 12/26 as a birthday present.  Needless to say it did not come in time for 1/6 birthday and I am pretty much driving my daughter crazy asking about it constantly.  I made her check her email this am in hopes there would be a shipping confirmation but.... nada. 

I do have to say while waiting I have had the opportunity to learn a lot about the NOOK so it is all good...I guess.

It is good to know there are other people out there as crazy about reading as I am! I am not alone!

Contributor
MissBlane
0 Kudos

Luv2Read10 wrote:

I finally got the swipe down. I am so proud of myself for not giving up. I don't even use the buttons now. I have been reading the Dome by Stephen King. Great book BTW. I received my nook Thursday evening and I had to recharge last night (Saturday evening) so battery life is not that great, but I still LOVE my nook. I would like to sideload some wallpapers and screensavers, but worried about taking that leap and freezing my nook. I have had no freezing and no bookmark problems thus far (cross my fingers) Hope you all get your notices soon.:smileyhappy:

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Britariel

I had no problem sideloading wallpapers and screensavers.  Just make sure you use the folders for the screensavers but not for the wallpapers.  760x600 pixels seems to be a good size to fit well.  (Do you use a mac or pc?  I use a mac, and just dragged the images from iphoto into the finder folder.)

I've heard good things about the Dome -- am thinking of trying it out after I get through the monster list of books I've already bought.

Inspired Contributor
gjrice
0 Kudos

I have decided that in order to keep my sanity I am also going to quit looking at the boards for a few days.  I have so many more important things to do than check these boards 5+ times a day to see if I can divine when mine should actually ship. I am just going to quit obsessing and worry more about my 52 hour work week (tax season).

On a more positive note, I have taken the plunge and ordered myself a cover from Oberon Design. I got the avenue of trees in fern.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting on their shipment, and have fun for those of you who have now gotten your nooks!

Read you again February 1st.

Contributor
tinap53
0 Kudos

Did ANYONE get their shipping email last night or today? I usually check first thing in the morning and get to read all the notices, but today sadly there were none?  I am still hoping for a early shipment but as Feb 1 gets closer..... at least only a week left yeahhh!