Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

So it looks like orders from 12/20 thru 12/24 are going out today.

Hopefully tomorrow will include 12/25 - 12/29.

Ordered 12/28

Credit card and Gift Cards

With Bleecker cover and protection plan

Contributor
Chip5357
0 Kudos

Nothing yet for me (12/27)...SERENITY NOW, SERENITY NOW....

Chip Goodhart
Reader 4
JohnnyJ71
0 Kudos

I ordered on the 27th as well and still nothing yet!!  And remember serenity now, insanity later!!!

New User
nemoKB
0 Kudos

Don't despair, Mr. Feb12th!  I ordered my Nook on Jan 4th, class of Feb 1st, and I have had my Nook since January 19th!  I am not sure how, but it was delivered that day, and I am happily reading.  I have had no problems--zero, nada.  Easy to download, easy to set up...all easy and problem free.  B&N has exceeded my expectations.

Frequent Contributor
Amanda98
0 Kudos

WOOHOO!!!!!!  Woke up this morning to a charge on the cc and an email from B&N!!!!  It has already left Seacaucas, NJ, and has to make it's way down the coast to NC...hope no weather holds it up.  UPS updated the delivery address from 1/28 to 1/27, so that's a good sign.  Mine was ordered 12/23 in store by my hubby.

Now I have to go get a pretty case for her to live in...

Contributor
jhansonluv2read
0 Kudos

I just checked my order status and it still shows nothing.  I also noticed that it hasn't been updated since Sunday.  I ordered 12/26  CC  online  SEOhio

Contributor
Starshifter
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

LarryOnLI wrote:

So it looks like orders from 12/20 thru 12/24 are going out today.

Hopefully tomorrow will include 12/25 - 12/29.

Ordered 12/28

Credit card and Gift Cards

With Bleecker cover and protection plan

Well I ordered on 12/24 and nothing this morning.  I really feel like it is imminent though.  I'm in Northern New Jersey not far at all from the distribution center.  We may have a huge winter snowstorm Fri-Sat and hoping my shipping notice comes today so I can get the Nook by Friday before the storm delays it or something.

Reader 4
MissAnarchy
0 Kudos

My parent's ordered me a nook for Christmas.  I think they ordered it around the middle of December.  It was delivered yesterday and I am in love with it.

Contributor
mlssa
0 Kudos

Just wondering... Did anyone get an extended warranty? I don't usually buy any extra warranty for my electronics but have been debating getting the Square Trade one for my nook.

Any opinions?

Contributor
hardee123
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As I read through this blog I notice many who are anxiously waiting news on the delivery of their Nook.  I do not feel so alone :smileyhappy:!!  It has become almost like an illness for me as I check and check and check my email and order status hoping for some glimmer of hope that my Nook will soon be to me - BUT still nothing!   I was fine through most of January but this last week has been KILLER.   I ordered my Nook in the store on Dec 28th.  Has anyone who ordered on Dec 28th received notification or rec'd their Nook?

Also many of you indicate through out this blog that you can view details of your order.  When I look at my order I can only see what I ordered and the expected delivery date of Feb 1.  Is there a way to get more details than that?

Patiently or somwhat patiently awaiting my new gadget :smileywink:

Krista

Krista
Frequent Contributor
clka
0 Kudos

re extended warranty...I am absolutely going to buy one from Squaretrade, I am such a klutz, things seem to fly out of my hands frequently. I will get the accidental damage coverage added.  The customer service rep told me to sign up for their newsletter (which supposedly goes out on Tues. tho' I haven't seen it yet) for the best coupon code offers.  No nook yet, ordered 12/31, already have the industriell cover waiting for protection (wanted Tupper but can't wait for a cover till 4/10 for obvious reasons!).

Cheryl

Contributor
Vwwolfe
0 Kudos

clka wrote:

re extended warranty...I am absolutely going to buy one from Squaretrade, I am such a klutz, things seem to fly out of my hands frequently. I will get the accidental damage coverage added.  The customer service rep told me to sign up for their newsletter (which supposedly goes out on Tues. tho' I haven't seen it yet) for the best coupon code offers.  No nook yet, ordered 12/31, already have the industriell cover waiting for protection (wanted Tupper but can't wait for a cover till 4/10 for obvious reasons!).

Cheryl

If you don't want to wait for your newsletter, you can use the coupon code THIRTY30 and receive 30% off.

Frequent Contributor
clka
0 Kudos

Vwwolfe, I tried that one yesterday and got an "only available to select customers" message, wouldn't got through with the discount

Reader 2
ArizonaNook
0 Kudos

Checked my email this morning and had a B&N shipping email waiting for me.  Sent at 10:30 p.m.  (The one night I gave up early on the constant F5ing my emails)   I ordered December 22 on the internet.  My Oberon cover should arrive Wednesday and the Nook should arrive Thursday!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

mlssa wrote:

Just wondering... Did anyone get an extended warranty? I don't usually buy any extra warranty for my electronics but have been debating getting the Square Trade one for my nook.

Any opinions?

I use Square Trade for everything, I ordered mine this morning, sent in the receipt for digital storing and it already shows received.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

clka wrote:

Vwwolfe, I tried that one yesterday and got an "only available to select customers" message, wouldn't got through with the discount

That code is for people that have a warranty on something they bought through ebay, it gave me the same message.  Call their support number and they will try to give you a 20% code, tell them you'll think about it and then they give you a "one time" 30% code.  Just did this an hour ago.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm so excited that people who ordered 12/20-12/23 are getting their notices.  It gives me hope that I might get mine tomorrow.  I orderd 12/26.  I'd LOVE to have my nook before the weekend!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

It's here and charging!  The UPS guy was running late yesterday (delivery of my cover and light) and we told him it was going to horrible to wait all day today for the nook.  He promised he would get here early with it and he did!  LOL  He said he looked all over the truck for my order so he could get it to us early, I love my UPS man!

It took about 5 minutes to get it unpacked, make sure you read the instructions!  I have Lupus and Parkinsons so this was not an easy task! :smileywink:

Set it up to charge (after putting it in it's cover) and in about 3 minutes it was registered and had already downloaded 81 books from Barnes and Noble (I keep telling people I don't ONLY use Fictionwise!) and now I'm just waiting for the full charge so I can play...  :smileyvery-happy:

After it charges, I'll walk over to Barnes and Noble and see if the store recognizes it, it's a two minute walk at most!

Contributor
holacandita
0 Kudos

Just spoke with my brother -- my nook arrived at my mom's today (she had it shipped there since she bought it)... I won't be home til Friday and it's torture!

UPS was crazy fast, shipped last night from NJ and arrived to Utica NY less than 18 hours later!

New User
Amatorium
0 Kudos

I had an original ship date of February 1st and received mine on Friday (22nd).  So far it's been really glitchy for me, which is worrisome.  The first book I bought for it (You: The Owner's Manual by Oz/Roizen) is not formatted correctly (or at all, really...), though the sample of it worked just fine.  I'm on hold with B&N technical support to hopefully get a refund for the book.  I don't really understand how books that aren't formatted correctly for Nooks are available for download with them.