Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

From reading the various ship date threads I think:

People with January 11th ship dates should have almost all of them shipped today.

January 15th ship dates should ship from the 12th to the 15th.

February 1st ship dates should see their units start shipping by January 16th and those in the February 12th group should see their shipments beginning February 2nd.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Magoo2 wrote:

I too am in this group, parents ordered the nook for me as a christmas present around December 11th (may have been the 12th).

Anyone know how order date will affect shipping? (especially in this group).

Is it possible for someone who ordered on December 30th who is also in the Feb 1st shipping group to get it before me? If so that doesnt make much sense.

Thats the one question ive had this entire time!

I think the best answer to this is to read the Jan. 11 thread...

Contributor
Magoo2
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oh trust me, ive been stalking these forums at least once a day since christmas =P , and have been watching those threads in particular, but as those two ship dates (at the order dates that were required to get into those groups) were so close together (relative to the circumstances of the February 1st ship date), it was hard for me to get a read on the exact situation.

Frequent Contributor
DontPanic
0 Kudos

I don't think we will ever have an exact answer on how shipments are processed.  Logic would dicatate that it would done by the order date.  But logic does not always prevail with companies.  And it might not be totally B&N's fault.  They might get shipments of nooks into distribution points around the country, and the shipments are sent based on distance.

Of course this is all pure speculation on my part.  I sit.  I wait.  Like a lot of other people :smileyhappy:

Contributor
nolareader17
0 Kudos

I spoke with customer service this morning.  They were just reauthorizing our cards.   I asked if he thought we would be shipped early and he said probably not more than a day or two early.  Then I asked if there is still a lot of backorders and he said no.  So, I am not sure what is going on.  But, as we have learned each customer service rep gives a different answer to the same questions.  So, who knows.  I guess we need to continue to be patient.

Contributor
Starlexia
0 Kudos

This is going to be an early birthday present to me "from my husband" My birthday isn't until Mar. 26th but I tend to have bad luck when I put things off. It seems unlikely, but we were afraid that if we waited to order it, that it would still be backordered. He told me that I wouldn't get it once it shipped that he would wrap it and I would have to wait until my b-day. I told him it would count for V-day too so I get to have it right away. lol.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos
Reader 2
rabr54
0 Kudos

Count me in on the Class of February 1, 2010!  I am patiently waiting but I never even thought to start building my book list.  I better get on the ball :smileyhappy:  I have been trying to decide on a cover so thanks to all of you who had suggestions - I see I have a lot more choices than just those on the B&N website.

RABR54

Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

jsant wrote:

Okay, so I don't want to get too excited here, but I just checked my credit card this morning and B&N has authorized my credit card for the nook.  Maybe they are just checking to see that I am still solvent, but I can't help but hope that this is it.  I checked my order status and no change.  Anyone else's card getting authorized?

J

Hey!  After I read your post I went and checked on my credit card and there's a $1.00 pending charge entry dated 1/10/2010.  Customer Service told me it means that BN is validating that the card is good and does not necessarily mean they're getting ready to charge the card and ship right now.  She said they're doing "everything in their power" to get the nooks out right away and it's possible they can ship early.  But I'm still holding out hope they're going to ship early!  At least they know I'm alive...hehehe.

Contributor
Starlexia
0 Kudos

When I first ordered mine I had a pending charge of the full amount. Within a day or two it went down to just $1. Earlier today when I was balancing my checkbook I noticed I have a second pending charge of $1. I thought that was weird that I have two. Since they are still pending, I'm not really concerned either way.

Frequent Contributor
looptyloo
0 Kudos

Here's hoping we start to see our notices in the next week or so. I'm so impatient for it to arrive

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

LarryOnLI wrote:

From reading the various ship date threads I think:

People with January 11th ship dates should have almost all of them shipped today.

January 15th ship dates should ship from the 12th to the 15th.

February 1st ship dates should see their units start shipping by January 16th and those in the February 12th group should see their shipments beginning February 2nd.

Oh man I hope you're right! I'm just barely class of 2/12, I ordered Jan 8 :smileymad: I'm kicking myself for waiting too long.

Contributor
Avista
0 Kudos

I'm in Feb 1 class.  Will be out of town part of Jan.  Does anyone know if Nook will arrive by US Mail, UPS, FEB EX etc?    I'm OK if US Mail, but will need to have a neighbor watch if it will be left on my doorstep.  Thanks. Avista

Correspondent
crim_crazy622
0 Kudos

No dollar charges on my credit card.  :smileysad: But maybe they just haven't gotten to mine yet.  I'm going to keep an eye on it.   I had them change the shipping address so that I get it at work instead of it setting on my porch until my hubby gets home.  I was too afraid it would "disappear".  No ones ever taken packages off my front porch but knowing my luck this would be the one that they take.  Well and I've had ups deliver a package to west instead of east. I lost that merchandise but luckly they reimbursed us for it and shipped a new one for free. 

"I think the fact that we're all gonna' die is a pretty good reason to stop complaining." ~Dave Matthews ~
Frequent Contributor
DontPanic
0 Kudos

FrogAlum wrote:

The 1/15 group has started to receive shipping notices.  :smileyhappy:

:smileyhappy: *Happy Dance* :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Mobiem
0 Kudos

I ordered on Dec. 12, so obviously, Feb. 1 ship date.  I have seen NOTHING since placing the order. I received an email confirmation then a second email saying it was scheduled to ship on Feb. 1. Other than that, nothing on order status page has ever changed and nothing ever on my credit card account.  That makes me a bit nervous since others have seen authorizations, etc.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? I hope so, that would make me feel a little better.

Thanks,

Contributor
tinap53
0 Kudos

Mobi, I am in the same boat as you. I have not heard or seen anything yet as well.  Row faster darn it. LOL

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I do not have a dollar charge on mine either. So I wait and stalk the Jan 11th and Jan 15th threads.  My Oberon case is shipping this Friday so I will have something to put my nook in.  The waiting is sooo hard but at least we are in Feb 1 class and not Feb 12.  As far as shipping goes it seems that all start with UPS then some switch to USPS or Argex.  I will likely get my USPS as that this usually how my books that I have ordered in the past come. My nook is supposed to be shipping expidited air which indicates USPS.  We own a UPS store and my husband tells me it will come USPS.  I wish it would just come UPS

Frequent Contributor
DontPanic
0 Kudos

Mobiem wrote:

I ordered on Dec. 12, so obviously, Feb. 1 ship date.  I have seen NOTHING since placing the order. I received an email confirmation then a second email saying it was scheduled to ship on Feb. 1. Other than that, nothing on order status page has ever changed and nothing ever on my credit card account.  That makes me a bit nervous since others have seen authorizations, etc.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? I hope so, that would make me feel a little better.

Thanks,

I think that is the comman case for most people (me included).  I don't think you get an e-mail update until the order actually ships.

Frequent Contributor
Chrytech2
0 Kudos

As more and more of the Jan. 15th group get shipping notices and delivery I am getting more excited.  I am just trying to keep in mind that the odds are I will not be seeing shipping notices for our group until Monday at the earliest.  It will be so great when this thread is buzzing with reports for shipping notices and deliveries. 

Just waiting.....lurking....checking...waiting...lurking...checking.  I know you all know the drill.