Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Bmac68
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 1 Orders

My nook was delivered today as scheduled.  When I got home from work, unboxed it charged and registered, downloaded, sideloaded and have been playing with opening books, looking at the daily etc.  very cool.  seemed to have one issue formatting a 1200+ page book.  I pulled the battery and all is well now.  Read on.

Contributor
Kansas_Ron
0 Kudos

After being out of town since Sunday evening I was finally able to unpack my Nook that had been delivered Monday.  It is charging now.  I have officially graduated from the Class of Feb 1st. 

Contributor
anne_dutch
0 Kudos

Mine shipped on January 30... unfortunately it's still not here! It was supposed to arrive yesterday, then UPS rescheduled the delivery until today, and now it's trapped in Sioux Falls, SD because of winter weather!

ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS / THE MOVEMENT OF THE PACKAGE WILL RESUME AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CONDITIONS ALLOW

you can call me al.
Contributor
JenJer
0 Kudos

I can't believe so many Class of Feb 12th people already have their Nooks!  I ordered January 7th in the a.m., got shipping notice Jan 30th and mine FINALLY says "Out for delivery" today.  I suddenly became much more impatient after I saw multiple Class of 12th folks had theirs.  I do know patience is a virtue but I guess I am all out now.  Since I get off a little early today, I'm REALLY hoping it's delivered early so t it will be there when I get there!  Can't wait to have it in my hot, little hands!

Contributor
JamieHood
0 Kudos

My nook arrived!  Unfortunately...it was defective.  The E-Ink display is extremely pixelated, to the point where you can't really make out any of the images or words.  Also, there are gray stripes running vertically all over the screen.  I was on hold with Customer Service for over an hour and finally had to hang up.  I still haven't received an e-mail reply either.  I tried taking it to the store to see if they could ship it out and exchange it for me, but they can only return unopened items.  Fingers crossed that Customer Service answers today so that I can get this thing exchanged.  At this point, I may just get my money back and order a Kindle.  So disappointed that I waited over 2 months to receive my nook and it arrived broken...

:smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

JamieHood,

sorry to hear about your nook.    But on the bright side, some people who ordered their nook on 2/2/10 got a shipping notice on 2/3/10

So your replacement should get there quick.

Contributor
JamieHood
0 Kudos

Thanks edUcateMS!  I actually spoke with Customer Service today and I should receive my replacement on Monday or Tuesday.  Fingers crossed!  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
TiffanyLynn
0 Kudos

My nook has been sitting in the next town over for the last two days!  It is supposed to come today, but hasn't left the facility!  I have lost all patience.  Thinking about driving over there and looking for it myself! 

New User
nolajersey
0 Kudos

I ordered my Nook on 12/17 and I still haven't received it.  My boyfriend called about it yesterday and they said it was pushed back to 2/12 shipping.  This was my Christmas gift.  I told him I would wait for it because I would rather have the Nook than the Kindle but I am thinking I made the wrong choice. 

Contributor
anne_dutch
0 Kudos

Out for delivery! I hope it will be waiting for me when I get home from work!

you can call me al.
Frequent Contributor
TiffanyLynn
0 Kudos

Apparently UPS reads this discussion, ok not really, but about an hour after I posted that it was still at the shipping facility yesterday my nook arrived!  It took me a bit to get it out of the box.  Everything was tightly packed.  It froze during charging, but no big deal since I knew how to fix it.  Read on it last night and I love it. 

Contributor
Gyokuro
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Mine said it left Seacaucus NJ at 1 am on the 5th and it hasn't updated since. I'm really hoping it's much closer than that and they just haven't scanned it in somewhere.

Edited: oops, I put this in the wrong thread, I'm class of Feb 12th:smileysurprised:

Frequent Contributor
EricWiz
0 Kudos

TiffanyLynn wrote:

Apparently UPS reads this discussion, ok not really, but about an hour after I posted that it was still at the shipping facility yesterday my nook arrived!  It took me a bit to get it out of the box.  Everything was tightly packed.  It froze during charging, but no big deal since I knew how to fix it.  Read on it last night and I love it. 

YAY!! enjoy it! I am so happy mine came! Gonna go do the sideload for the new update...

Contributor
anne_dutch
0 Kudos

Delivered yesterday afternoon, had dinner guests last night so I didn't get to play with it until this morning! SO HAPPY!

you can call me al.
bth
Contributor
bth
0 Kudos

Finally received my Nook.  Was sooooo excited.  Charged it the recommended 3 1/2 hrs.  First book I purchased took 15 minutes to show up on my Nook. Second book took an 1 1/2 hrs to load on my Nook.  My battery is only holding a charge for  ALMOST two days.  Called B&N four different times and the shortest hold time was 45 minutes.  They are supposed to be sending me another battery.    Anyone else having these problems?

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

bth wrote:

Finally received my Nook.  Was sooooo excited.  Charged it the recommended 3 1/2 hrs.  First book I purchased took 15 minutes to show up on my Nook. Second book took an 1 1/2 hrs to load on my Nook.  My battery is only holding a charge for  ALMOST two days.  Called B&N four different times and the shortest hold time was 45 minutes.  They are supposed to be sending me another battery.    Anyone else having these problems?

Do you have airplane mode on or off?  the nook is only supposed to last about 2 days with airplane mode off (3G/wifi active).  If Airplane mode is on, then you probably should calibrate the battery (search the forum for this, it's been discussed to death - let the battery run down to almost nothing a few times.  this should improve battery life).  If it's still a problem, replace the battery.

Frequent Contributor
NookSusan
0 Kudos

I love my Nook. Even though I live in a rural area the network worked and I registered with no problems. Got the books I'd bought from B&N, no problem. Ready about half a book turning the pages with a swipe, no problem and then suddenly the swipe stopped working. The buttons work fine, but I liked the swipe. Any thoughts from anyone on this problem? It's been consistently not working for 2 days now. (I did try using search to find the problem on the website, but evidently no one is wording it the same way I am.)