Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 12 Orders

I purchased mine in-store on Jan 8, and I just got the "Thanks for Choosing nook" email yesterday. It seems like they are getting ready to ship our orders! 

Frequent Contributor
Petuniabishco
0 Kudos

I don't think their "Thanks for choosing nook" emails are very accurate.  I got one about a month before ordering mine, when I was still on the fence about getting one (maybe B&N can see into the future?).  So don't read too much into that email :smileywink:

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate
0 Kudos

I got my "Thanks for Choosing Nook" email a day after I ordered (Jan 10th) so im pretty sure they don't mean anything with regards to shipping

Frequent Contributor
violetangel
0 Kudos

SirTomster wrote:

I received mine a day ago or so.  But I just barely purchased it.  So doubt it is a sign.  Should go to all those other folks before me!

Also, Seems we have confirmation of a Apple tablet PC being announced tomorrow.  Say a iPhone but bigger.  Hmm  have to see what the price is.

an ebook reader w/ iTunes?  That would be cool.  Because every where I read about the nook's is that it has issues and I already have an iPod.... dang.. decisions, decisions.

Yeah.  Because a first generation Apple product would NEVER be buggy.

And yes, that was sarcasm.

‎"No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anyone but oneself." -Virginia Woolf
Contributor
ChelMcQ
0 Kudos

I keep buying accessories for the Nook I don't even have yet.

1)Cover (although that's backordered too)

2)Memory Card (for music)

3)Decal Girl skin

4)Kandle Light

And my e-book wish list is getting out of control.

I have never been this exicted about any electronic device before. I may not make it.

(Oh yeah, I got that "thank you" email too, very cute!)

I survived the Feb 12th Nook class!
Nook - Derry
Reader 4
ProudBibliophile
0 Kudos

I have really enjoyed reading all of these posts.  I am so glad that I am not the only one who is terribly excited to receive the email with my shipping information. 

I just wanted to let everyone know that the covers are finally available from M-Edge.  I was on their site this morning and saw that you are able to order.  They do not have as many designs options available for the Nook, as compared to other ereaders,  but I am sure that in time the number and selection will improve.   They also have the lights that use only 1 AAA and they pivot to allow for greater fine tuning of lighting position.  It might be worth checking out.

http://buymedge-px.rtrk.com/products/

Happy accessory shopping to everyone!  Hopefully only a few more days and we all will be rejoicing to see our Nooks delivered! 

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

Sad news. I checked my account and the B&N charge is gone. Maybe they were just checking to see if the funds were still there.

I'm a little heartbroken :smileysad:

Contributor
FabFourLover
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just thought I'd fill you guys in.  If you remember, my nook ship date was pushed back to April 10th because the cover I ordered for it was backordered to that date.  I spoke to a CS agent on Saturday who told me not to worry it was a glitch in the computer system and the nook would ship on 2/12 even if the status said 4/10.  I called again on Sunday to verify and THAT CS rep advised that I cancel the cover and reorder it seperately so the Nook date would reset.  He said to give it 24 hours to show up on the system.

So I called Monday night because my ship date still said 4/10 and THAT CS rep said, again, it wouldn't be a problem, that the nook would ship on 2/12 even if the status said 4/10 and to give the system 48 hours to update.  So, last night, Tuesday, almost 60 hours after I made the change, my status STILL said 4/10. 

So, I ordered a 2nd nook alone, no cover or any other accessory.  That order went through without a hitch and after about 10 minutes, the order appeared with a ship date of .....  TaDa....February 12, 2010.  So I went in and canceled the first order, which STILL said 4/10.  So now, I am officially part of the class of 2/12!!!

I also, seperately, of course, ordered an in stock cover until my 4/10 cover arrives.  Curious that the 4/10 cover redated my nook to April but my in stock cover (which I ordered Monday and was delivered TODAY) didn't push my nook up by a month.  Funny, that, eh? LOL

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

hahaha. I wish ordering a cover would push the date up.:smileywink: I ordered a cover today myself.

Contributor
Bkelley02
0 Kudos

Wonder what's going on, and if they're all caught up with pre-orders.  I placed my order at 2:16 pm and got a shipping notice at 2:38 pm.  Maybe I just got lucky.

Frequent Contributor
SirTomster
0 Kudos

Bkelley02 wrote:

Wonder what's going on, and if they're all caught up with pre-orders.  I placed my order at 2:16 pm and got a shipping notice at 2:38 pm.  Maybe I just got lucky.

Better duck and hide if this was true.

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate
0 Kudos

WAIT WHAT???!?!?!!!!??!?!?!?!?!!!

!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

Yeah,  if that's true you better hide and hope no-one finds out who you are.  

Are you positive it was the nook shipping notice or just the "thank you for your order" email?   Or maybe a shipping notice for accessories.

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

I got a shipping notice also, the problem was that the shipping date was 2-12-10. I ordered mine in-store on 1-16-10.

Contributor
Bkelley02
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I read it wrong.  In the body of the email, it does say expected ship date of 2/12.  Didn't make much sense to me but I also didn't expect to see a shipping notice the same day I ordered.

Frequent Contributor
SirTomster
0 Kudos

Bkelley02 wrote:

Maybe I read it wrong.  Or maybe just a system fluke.

Shocked me too but it did not say "Thank you for your order"  I guess I'll be quiet until I get an actual number to confirm.

I received one that said I was schedueld to ship.  But the listed ship date was 2/12/2009.  So maybe you got tha tone?

Contributor
Bkelley02
0 Kudos

Yes, that's exactly what it was.  Made no sense to get it so quickly with so many waiting.

Contributor
Moira_HHR09
0 Kudos

I ordered my Nook on January 18th.  I have not received anything saying that it has shipped only that it is still scheduled to ship on 2-12-10.  Has anyone received a notice that their Nook has actually been shipped?

Frequent Contributor
SirTomster
0 Kudos

Moira_HHR09 wrote:

I ordered my Nook on January 18th.  I have not received anything saying that it has shipped only that it is still scheduled to ship on 2-12-10.  Has anyone received a notice that their Nook has actually been shipped?

If you check out the Feb 1 Class thread you will see they are getting theirs.  Do not think anyone from the Feb 12 class has received a shipping notice yet.

Contributor
Moira_HHR09
0 Kudos

Thanks--I guess like others I have seen here I am a little too excited!!:smileywink: