Contributor
Valerie85
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 12 Orders

the other day I was having a really bad day and I kept thinking if only I had my nook lol like that would make it all better haha.  No shipping notice for me or any fun emails to tease me lol an my account hasn't been charged either!

Reader 2
Lowery
0 Kudos

After much stalking, I finally got a shipping notice...for my Oberon cover. It should be here by Wednesday, if the nasty weather across much of the country doesn't slow it down. I keep telling myself that it's a good thing my nook hasn't shipped yet...that it would best if the cover arrived first, so the nook would be protected right away...so I really shouldn't want to see a shipping notice from B&N before the middle/end of next week...

Yeah, it's not working. Hitting F5 is just too tempting....:smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
SirTomster
0 Kudos

Lowery wrote:

After much stalking, I finally got a shipping notice...for my Oberon cover. It should be here by Wednesday, if the nasty weather across much of the country doesn't slow it down. I keep telling myself that it's a good thing my nook hasn't shipped yet...that it would best if the cover arrived first, so the nook would be protected right away...so I really shouldn't want to see a shipping notice from B&N before the middle/end of next week...

Yeah, it's not working. Hitting F5 is just too tempting....:smileywink:

Heh I am watching the Feb1 forum.  When people stop posting their "No notice yet for me!" posts then I figure it will soon be our turn to get notices.  But Feb1 class still has people that have not received their notice.

Contributor
nan74
0 Kudos

thanks for letting us know about m-edge having Nook cases--I had checked just last week--the company said they wouldn't be availabel till 'mid feb'.  I just ordered my case and light--I was waiting on M-edge!  Since they started delivering the Feb. 1  Nook early--do we dare hope that they might start Feb. 12 delivery next week??? 

Contributor
MrsBelfy
0 Kudos

I really hope they start delivery for our class next week! That would be amazing! So today I looked at my credit card statement online just to see if the payment has gone through yet....and my pending authorization has disappeared! The payment hasn't gone through yet either...it's just off now. Did this happen to anyone else? I ordered mine on the 13th. I just really don't want my order to get messed up :smileyindifferent:

New User
wandcoyote
0 Kudos

Greetings class of Feb 12!

Alas, I may forever be known as a traitor. I'm a big time gadget guy and nearly went into convulsions yesterday when I saw the video of the new iPad.  Long story short - although my wait as a member of the Feb 1 class has been difficult, I'm abandoning ship and giving up on the Nook and going with the iPad.

Why do you care?  I tried to cancel my order and, even though I have received no shipping notice, have been told it's in the pipeline and has been shipped.  Don't want to wait for yours? Apparently I will soon have one I can relinquish.  If I see interest I'll put it on eBay at my cost + shipping.

My guess is this post violates the rules, but I just want my Nook to go to someone that will love it and take care of it.  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
SirTomster
0 Kudos

MrsBelfy wrote:

I really hope they start delivery for our class next week! That would be amazing! So today I looked at my credit card statement online just to see if the payment has gone through yet....and my pending authorization has disappeared! The payment hasn't gone through yet either...it's just off now. Did this happen to anyone else? I ordered mine on the 13th. I just really don't want my order to get messed up :smileyindifferent:

My understanding was that the Pre-Auth was only to verify you had the funds when you ordered and would disappear after a few days when B&N did not actually complete the charge.
That is what happened to mine.  I had the pending charge but it is gone.  I do not expect to see the charge show up until the unit has shipped.

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

MrsBelfy wrote:

It happened to me. You're not alone.

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

SirTomster wrote:
That is what happened to mine.  I had the pending charge but it is gone.  I do not expect to see the charge show up until the unit has shipped.

I had the charges show up when I ordered and then a week or so ago.

Contributor
sstephenson17
0 Kudos

I ordered my Oberon cover.  Sky Dragon in black.  According to their home page, it will ship next week so I guess it's a race to see what comes first, the cover or the nook.

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

I ordered a plain cover from B&N but after seeing the M-Edge ones yesterday, I know I'm getting one of those. I just don't know which one.

Reader 4
ducky_love
0 Kudos

Oh my stars!  I had no idea that I was joining a "Class of Feb. 12th"!! I just ordered over the weekend and Googled looking to others ship dates and found you guys! 

My card was charged and the authorization has dropped and I am waiting, waiting.  I travel all the time for work so my Nook just can't get here soon enough.  I will be watching and waiting hoping someone gets a shipping notice!! :smileyhappy: 

Contributor
hbgg
0 Kudos

ResilientPhoenix wrote:

I ordered a plain cover from B&N but after seeing the M-Edge ones yesterday, I know I'm getting one of those. I just don't know which one.

http://buymedge-px.rtrk.com/products/nook/

And if your enter "FACEEDGE" in the promotional code field you will receive a 20% discount on your entire purchase.

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

hbgg wrote:

ResilientPhoenix wrote:

And if your enter "FACEEDGE" in the promotional code field you will receive a 20% discount on your entire purchase.

Thanks!!! I think I finally decided on the executive cover.

Frequent Contributor
DontPanic
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hbgg wrote:

Ditto on the thanks for the promo code!  I decided to go with the Trip Jacket (class of 2/1 here anxiously waiting my shipment e-mail).

Contributor
kerri1052
0 Kudos

I also found a promotional code for medge.  Type in 'mtwitter' for 20% off.

Contributor
MrsBelfy
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification on the pending auth! I don't know what I was thinking....it was on there for a long time!....and i am just so excited to get it!!

Frequent Contributor
SmilinGirl
0 Kudos

I am a member of the Feb 12 class, but I've been checking out the Feb 1 class threads.  Based on tonight's posts, folks with orders placed around Jan 1 are getting their shipment notices today. Things really seem to be picking up speed, now that the pre-Christmas orders have been shipped. 

I ordered on Jan 10 online. Maybe I'll hear something tomorrow?  Fingers crossed!:smileyhappy:

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
--Groucho Marx
Inspired Contributor
skatekarate
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sorry but i doubt it :smileysad: - we will probably start receiving notices next week (i ordered jan 9th)

I think the feb1 class went to the 7th or something so it will probably take a few more days to finish (i think it has been like 3 order days per day so far) and they have to take care of the random few people who still dont have theirs from the dec 20s

Contributor
MrsAmanda7
0 Kudos

Re: Feb.. 12 Orders

I have been keeping a watchful eye on my credit card account to see if there has been a purchase for my nook each day.  I noticed that a lot of people in the the Feb. 1 class have received their nooks already.  I feel like I have been waiting forever!!!!!!  I ordered on Jan. 18 and Feb. 12 still seems like a long way off.  I am wondering why people who are ordering nook today are still in the Feb. 12 class?  Just seems like I waited a while and now others don't have to wait as long.  Perhaps they are catching up to the demand for the coveted nook.