Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
cookywriter
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 12 Orders

My Nook shipped! Just got the email :smileyhappy: I ordered January 28, 2010 online early in the morning. Mine is being shipped to Michigan where I'll be flying Sunday (didn't think it would ship before I left) to move in with my boyfriend who has promised to charge it for me when it comes friday or saturday lol. I'm super excited omg omg, been following the Nook since it's first announcement (wanted an ereader for years but waited for the right one). I think it totally sucks some people who ordered before me still haven't gotten shipping notices but I am very excited for myself lol. Good luck to you all and I promise to keep sending Nook wishes to everyone on the board even though I'll have mine. Yay :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
LeilaniLK
0 Kudos

SmilinGirl wrote:
THANK YOU TO WHOEVER WAIVED THE MAGIC WAND ON MY ORDER!!!  I finally received my ship notice, or at least the notice that UPS has received my billing information.  One step closer! 

Ordered online on January 10 at 7:55PM EST.  Delivery within the next three days, I hope. Shipping to Central Kentucky with a UPS hub 40 miles away!

I hope you get yours soon.  Mine originated in Louisville and it started out there at about 5AM, was in my town in central KY, and out for delivery by 7AM.  It is now charging and I can't wait to actually start using it.

Reader 2
ray_beau
0 Kudos

Hello Fellow Book Lovers,

I just received my shipping order as of today, February 3.  I placed my order on January 27.  The United States Postal Service is handling the shipping and I chose the free expedited delivery option. 

A naked Nook and I live on Long Island.

I hope all who are waiting for their shipping notices will receive them soon.

Good Luck.

Reader 4
vllygrrl
0 Kudos

My Nook is on it's way too!  I ordered one for my birthday the night of Jan 25.  I took the free delivery option, and mine is being shipped UPS.  Now here's hoping that they deliver early - I'm about 20 minutes away from Edison, NJ, which seems to be the origin for many of these packages...

Whoo hoo!!!  I'll be so excited if it miraculously arrives before the snow this weekend!!!

Reader 4
dollface90
0 Kudos

:smileysad:So sad! I ordered on the 23rd and have yet to hear anything. I ordered the Nook and the protection plan. If you are receiving your order and it was placed after the 23rd did you also order the protection plan??

Contributor
aafdmom
0 Kudos

My nook has shipped also!   I ordered  on January 26 at 8am.   I am in Maryland so only about 3 hours it has to travel!   Hoping it arrives tomorrow!   :smileyvery-happy:

New User
nomadnyc
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

Just a heads up. I ordered the Nook on Monday, February 1, 2010. I got an email indicating that it will ship on Feb. 12, 2010. I ordered this as a gift for my wife and took the chance that i would get it in time (before the 19th). I was shocked when it came in today!!!

Contributor
Traci_M
0 Kudos

i ordered the protection plan at the same time i ordered my nook.. but i ordered on the 12th and received my shipping order last night

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

I also ordered a protection plan with my nook, but I ordered Jan 8. My nook should be here tomorrow!! It's in Phoenix right now...so close! I wish I could just drive up there and get it myself! :smileywink:

Contributor
FabFourLover
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just got home from work and checked my email and there it was....my shipping notice.  My nook shipped today. I ordered on Jan 26th.

I haven't ordered a protection plan for it yet.  I generally do not buy extended warrantees for anything.  My DH thinks they are a waste of money so I haven't decided if I will and if I do, if it will be through B&N or through Square Trade.

But I am very excited my nook is on it's way.  I doubt it will be here before the snow storm on Saturday so I guess I can look forward to finding it between the doors when I get home from work one day next week.  But I am in Philly so maybe it will come fast. I hope so!

YIPPEE!

Frequent Contributor
SirTomster
0 Kudos

Ordered 1/24 and no notice.

No charge on the card either.

I did order a cover that was "in stock" with my nook.

Wonder if that is my downfall?

Oh well I was expecting it to ship 2/12.  I am patient.  I can survive.

*sob* :smileyhappy:

Reader 4
SyFiGuy
0 Kudos

Okay! Got "the message" when I got home from work (Jan. 23rd order). Yay! So it appears that adding additional items to your order doesn't necessarily slow down the fulfillent process.

Reader 2
dawnf
0 Kudos

I too ordered on the 24th and no shipping notice or charge to my cc yet.  I had ordered some other items as well but have since deleted them all because I didn't want them holding up my nook!  :smileysad:  Hoping I get a shipping notice tonight!  **fingers crossed**

Reader 2
gibbynd
0 Kudos

Ordered on the 24th and got my shipment notice today!  I should either get it Saturday or Monday, just in time for my long trip to Florida.  Yay!

Reader 2
gibbynd
0 Kudos

Side note - why are some being shipped UPS for free shipping and others like me are getting USPS for free shipping?  Mine is 3 day select USPS.

Contributor
styled
0 Kudos

Ordered 1/30, got my ship notice tonight!!!

:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
BeckyJoBM
0 Kudos

I had original ordered mine Jan. 16th, but had to cancel the order in order to use my gift cards on it...that put me on the Jan. 30 order date....I did get put on the Feb. 12 ship date, the same as I had on my order for the 16th.   So my hopes are rising, now that I hear some of the later dates in Jan. are starting to ship.   Man....I sure could use some pixie dust.

New User
Newamush
0 Kudos

I placed my order on January 18th with an expected shipping date of February 12th.  I had checked my order yesterday morning and saw that it hadn't been shipped yet.  Later that day, it arrived at my door. 

I think this ranks up there as the opposite of what most people have been experiencing, so my faith with B&N got a boost.  Until I tried to download library books and it then plummeted.

Contributor
drakefinx2604
0 Kudos

Mine's been out for departure for the past 8 hours - only about 30 miles away - yet still no update.  Anyone know if UPS is like Amazon where they ship it to the nearest facility, leave it there overnight, then finally ship it to its destination the next day?  I hate that lol.

- drakefinx2604
Contributor
FabFourLover
0 Kudos

When I got home and found my shipping notice (UPS, btw) the tracking information said "billing info received".  I checked it about 2 hours after I got home and the notation changed to "in transit" with a "scheduled delivery date" of 2/8.  I just checked it a few minutes ago and the "scheduled delivery date" has changed.  It now says "scheduled delivery date:  2/8/10 Original....2/4/10 Updated.  So I guess that means my nook will be here...TOMORROW!!!  I am so excited!!!