Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
dborja
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 12 Orders

Yay! I just got my shipping notice! I ordered online on Jan 22nd evening and chose free expedited shipping. Still showing "Billing Information Received" at UPS but it's on the way!

Thanks for the pixie dust!

Contributor
MrsAmanda7
0 Kudos

SmilinGirl- So glad you finally got your shipping notice.  :smileyhappy:

SyFiGuy- They just shipped mine out yesterday and I ordered a cover with mine.  The cover and the nook are coming together in the same shipment.  :smileyhappy: 

My nook is sitting in Chicago- only 1hour 30 minutes away from me.  You'll be here soon!  Here's my shipping info:

CHICAGO, IL, US02/03/20101:47 P.M.ARRIVAL SCAN
MAUMEE, OH, US02/03/201011:00 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN
 02/03/201010:31 A.M.ARRIVAL SCAN
PARSIPPANY, NJ, US02/03/201012:36 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN
PARSIPPANY, NJ, US02/02/201011:23 P.M.ARRIVAL SCAN
EDISON, NJ, US02/02/201010:19 P.M.DEPARTURE SCAN
 02/02/20108:34 P.M.ORIGIN SCAN
US02/02/20105:35 P.M.BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Ordered:  January 18

Shipping notice:  February 2

Will receive on:  February 4

Yeah!

Contributor
ChelMcQ
0 Kudos

ChelMcQ wrote:

Bkelley02 wrote:

I placed my order on January 27th and just received my shipping notice.

Seriously, not fair. I placed on the 23rd and have gotten NOTHING!

(Note: I just checked: email, CC, and bn.com order status.)

(2nd Note: My Nook is on it's own order w/Protection Plan)

:smileysad:

Update:

IT SHIPPED!!!!!!!! Augh!!!!!

Original delivery date: Feb 8th

Updated delivery date: Feb 5th ----- Friday!!!!!!!!!!

The pixie dust is exploding all over this board.

Thank you B&N!!!

I survived the Feb 12th Nook class!
Nook - Derry
Frequent Contributor
BeckyJoBM
0 Kudos

I had ordered my nook, and cancelled on Jan 16, reordered because of my own fault on Jan. 30, and Hurray!!! just got my shipping notice.   Maybe pixie dust is flying around.....it seems those who mention it get a shipping notice. My ship date is Feb. 3 TODAY....now maybe I can quit holding that stupid pamplet.

Good luck to all of you.

Reader 2
dawnf
0 Kudos

Just got my shipping notice with a scheduled delivery date of 2/4/10!!!  I am SO excited!  I will have something to keep me entertained with the snow they are calling for!!!:smileyhappy:

Ordered 1/24

Shipping notice 2/3

Contributor
Sterlic
0 Kudos

Hot dog, they seem to be rolling out quick now! Ordered mine late 1/30 and just got the shipping notice! Good thing since I've already compiled a small library of public domain books for it and made a few wallpapers!

Date Ordered: 1/30

Shipping Notice: 2/3

Extra: Industriell Cover

Shipping to: Raleigh, NC

Shipper: UPS

Reader 4
MombearWA
0 Kudos

okay-i ordered on the evening of the 27th and am not so paitiently waiting.  I ordered my nook with the protection plan, it seems that they take and extra day or so with those, but come on!

Frequent Contributor
SirTomster
0 Kudos

Shipping notice recieved

Ordered 1/24

Shipped 2/3

nook & case in same order.

Now hoping for a Friday delivery.  going to be iffy.  Otherwise Monday.

Reader 4
SyFiGuy
0 Kudos

You are SO lucky MrsAmanda7! I just checked where my package is and see that it just departed the NJ facility and is on it's way up to CT. No estimated delivery date (its coming via Argix Direct ) but I'm hoping for Friday. Woo Hoo.

Reader 2
NicFitzzz
0 Kudos

I ordered my nook on Feb. 3rd with ship date Feb. 12th.  While reading these threads I came across someone that picked up their nook (one that had been returned, unopened) at a local B&N.

I decided to make a couple phone calls to my local B&N's and was fortunate enough to find one. I proceeded to call customer service and managed to cancel my online order.

With that said, I'm not trying to boast, but instead just let you know that you may try to call your local B&N's if you haven't already and see if there are more returns (I mean with all the 'bad' online reviews, more people may be returning theirs than you think). That is if you want instant gratification.  I called thinking that I wouldn't find one, but it literally took less than 5 minutes.  They were willing to check to see if any were 'in stock' and even put it on hold for me when they did.  Went by there after work, picked it up, and  am now going to open mine up and check it out.

Good luck to you all, and hope that you your nook finds you soon. :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
MrPine
0 Kudos

I got my notice tonight too.

I can't wait to get it.

Don't Worry, I'm The Doctor!
Contributor
hbgg1989
0 Kudos

And another update; this just keeps getting better!

My Nook shipped last night, left PA early afternoon today and is already in Oakland, CA!  I am a short one hour from Oakland...  No update on my delivery date (still says Friday) but maybe, just maybe it will get to Sacramento and be delivered tomorrow!  I could be so lucky!

I think all the pixie dust that has been sprinkled over all of us has really helped (at least it feels like it has).

I am so excited!  I just finished the PB I have been reading and am off to start the next to the last that I have on the bookshelf.  I am going to try to old off on starting a book on my little Nook until I finish what I have but doubt seriously I will be able to hold out.

Time to start reading the on line manual so I can avoid any problems once my new friend arrives.

Good luck to everyone out there still waiting for the allusive shipping notice.  Once it comes, look out!  You won't be able to contain yourselves!

Reader 4
NalrahMale
0 Kudos

I ordered my nook with a case this afternoon, Feb. 3rd, and just got my shipment notice. I'm hoping the superfast turnaround isn't a case of them getting a bunch of unopened returns and just shipping them back out. I guess in the end it doesn't matter. I'm getting my Nook soon.

Inspired Correspondent
Mosier42
0 Kudos

Mine's been out for departure for the past 8 hours - only about 30 miles away - yet still no update.  Anyone know if UPS is like Amazon where they ship it to the nearest facility, leave it there overnight, then finally ship it to its destination the next day?  I hate that lol.

- drakefinx2604

I was trolling around on the UPS site and while I'm not entirely sure of your situation I do know that they do not deliver after 7pm (maybe 8pm).  Since it's been there the past 8 hours that probably doesn't help you out much, but more than likely yes, they'll leave it over night and get it out tomorrow.
It could be worse, mine has made one stop just up the road in NJ where it has been stuck for the past 18 hours... I'm guess it just missed a scan but...
Contributor
Droid937
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I ordered my Nooks this Morning and still no shipping notice. Why is it so random?

BTW: Please sprinkle me with pixie dust!

Frequent Contributor
SmilinGirl
0 Kudos

LeilaniLK wrote:

SmilinGirl wrote:
THANK YOU TO WHOEVER WAIVED THE MAGIC WAND ON MY ORDER!!!  I finally received my ship notice, or at least the notice that UPS has received my billing information.  One step closer! 

Ordered online on January 10 at 7:55PM EST.  Delivery within the next three days, I hope. Shipping to Central Kentucky with a UPS hub 40 miles away!

I hope you get yours soon.  Mine originated in Louisville and it started out there at about 5AM, was in my town in central KY, and out for delivery by 7AM.  It is now charging and I can't wait to actually start using it.

Thanks LeilaniK!  RIght now my nook is in Edison NJ.  Wish it was in Louisville.  I am 45 minutes away from the UPS hub there!  My nook should be at my door NLT Friday!!! I hope you get some time to use your nook tonight.  I am so excited for everyone that has received theirs.  For those that haven't received theirs, I know it is hard not to get discouraged sometimes.  I can't figure out this B&N shipping order of merit. There doesn't seem to be consistent pattern.  Thank goodness for the pixie dust and magic wands!!!!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
--Groucho Marx
Contributor
Droid937
0 Kudos

Wow... I just received my shipping notice after I posted my other post. WOO! Thanks for the pixie dust!   

Contributor
Gyokuro
0 Kudos

I ordered this afternoon too.... send some pixie dust this way please :smileytongue:

Reader 4
ducky_love
0 Kudos

Ordered: Very late night Jan 23rd

Shipping notice sent: Today (2/3) a little before noon.  Free via UPS.

Scheduled for delivery: Monday (2/8) to Central Florida (from NJ)

Cover: Sent in a different order for fear of slowing the Nook's arrival (ended up I have had an empty cover for 2 weeks!!)

In other news it looks like B&N is advertising delivery by Vday for orders placed now!  Should mean we all graduate early!

Good luck everyone!

Inspired Correspondent
NikiGunn
0 Kudos

I got my shipping notice but UPS tracking doesn't show any info yet. I ordered on January 24th. I went into my local B&N tonight and was going to ask if they had any at the store (getting kind of tired of waiting) but no one was at the counter. Never have I been so pleased to have no one around to help me when I actually want to talk to someone.