Contributor
dborja
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 12 Orders

Yes, that's a very annoying thing about UPS. Even when your package is at a local hub, they'll hold it until the promise date. Fedex would have delivered it and saved storage space at its hub. My Nook was in Oakland since Thursday night. I called yesterday and offered to pick it up myself at the hub but I was told that they haven't even unloaded the truck trailer that has my package. I have to wait until Monday which is the  promise date.:smileymad:

Reader 2
Niecy1104
0 Kudos

Well I had my husband order one for me on February 3rd hoping it would come on time for Valentines' Day considering everything online said delivery set for February 12th.  Imagine my surprise when I got an email confirmation on the 4th that it was shipped.  I still thought that it was preparing to ship along with the February 12th date I never looked that it gave me a tracking number.  Last night was checking to see where this package was in the world and it said it was delivered to my front door!  We hello we have a mess of snow here so I panicked.  Luckily the UPS driver put it in between my screen glass door and the main door so it was not covered in snow.  Just getting a feel for it now and I love it.  Luckily I got a gift card to B&N for Xmas so I'm using someone else's money to load up!

Happy Reading!!

Frequent Contributor
elsie_kev
0 Kudos

I just checked where my Nook is and it is sitting at UPS in CT, about 90 minutes away (since 7:30 this morning)  I would love to drive out there to pick it up, (My husband laughed at me and said "I know you would")  It is supposed to arrive on Tuesday.  So close, but yet so far.

Contributor
ericDylan
0 Kudos

i just checked the location of my nook and on the link that B&N put in the shipping confirm email it said that it was sitting in a ups facility in downtown Atlanta, about 30 minutes away from my house. but then, being the smart person i am :smileywink: i put the tracking number in the track on the official ups website and it said that it had successfully arrived at my mom's work today at 12. ( we had it shipped there because my mom didnt want it to arrive on a weekday and be sitting on our front porch until i got home from school) but knowing that it arrived on Saturday i wish we would have just gotten it shipped to our house because i would be saying how much i love it instead of how much i will love it Monday after school :smileysad: .. but it will definitely make my Monday a good one! :smileyvery-happy: there is a silver lining to everything!

Reader 2
SammiZ
0 Kudos

I ordered my Nook online on February 1, with an expected ship date of February 12. I was so excited when I received an e-mail on Wednesday, February 3 that my Nook had shipped. Morrie the Nook arrived safely on Friday, February 5, and I have barely put it down since then.

I think I may need a Nook-Anonymos group!!

Frequent Contributor
mlfoley012
0 Kudos

Had anyone else had troubles when they went to a B&N store? I have been in mine twice now and am unable to buy or download any free material.  I can browse and see what the in store specials are but when I try to buy something it comes back with an error message.  I am not having any trouble at home so I'm not really concerned about it but just curious if others were having issues.

I am loving my Nook but there is no way I'll get 7 days of battery life. I've only had it since Thursday and have had to charge it twice. I've tried to keep it in airplane mode as much as possible too. 

Not many of you have posted since receiving your Nooks so I assume you are all reading :smileyhappy:

Hope to hear more experiences soon.

Frequent Contributor
SmilinGirl
0 Kudos

mlfoley012 wrote:

Had anyone else had troubles when they went to a B&N store? I have been in mine twice now and am unable to buy or download any free material.  I can browse and see what the in store specials are but when I try to buy something it comes back with an error message.  I am not having any trouble at home so I'm not really concerned about it but just curious if others were having issues.

I am loving my Nook but there is no way I'll get 7 days of battery life. I've only had it since Thursday and have had to charge it twice. I've tried to keep it in airplane mode as much as possible too. 

Not many of you have posted since receiving your Nooks so I assume you are all reading :smileyhappy:

Hope to hear more experiences soon.

Yes, I had the same exact experience today in my local B&N in Elizabethtown, KY!  The clerks at the information desk stated that other customers had reported the same, but they didn't know anything more than that.  I had the WiFi and B&N symbols at the top of the screen and Airplane mode was off, so everything should have worked.  I have the v1.2 and this was my first trip to the store with my nook, so I don't know if the issue is related to the 1.2 release, or if it was a problem in the store.  Sounds kinda hinkey if you experienced the same exact thing at another B&N location.

I hope the battery life improves.  I had to charge mine after about 10 hours of reading time with WiFi off and Airplane mode on.

Other than that, my nook has performed perfectly.  I have my own screensavers and wallpaper loaded.  I was able to sideload some ePub books and even the ePub book covers are displaying.  I  preordered six books from B&N and they all loaded, no problems. I manually loaded v1.2, and again, no problems.

I read one ePub book this weekend and just started a B&N paid. Both books have a surprising number of typos.  Caveat emptor...

It really helped me to read the threads on this discussion board and the users manual.  I think being an informed user made a big difference in my user experience.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my nook.  I want to play hooky from work tomorrow (but I won't!). 

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
--Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
mlfoley012
0 Kudos

SmilinGirl,
Thanks for responding! I had to laugh as you are from Elizabethtown & I am from Fargo (ND) is in the movies.....
I have sideloaded books and music. I haven't put my own sceen savers or wall paper on yet.  I don't anticipate that being a problem when I do.  So far I am satisfied but hope they fix the in store problem as I do spend a lot of time there. 
I too manually downloaded the update and that was fine, in fact it fixed other issues I was having.
I hope more people post their experiences too.
Have a great Monday! 
abp
Contributor
abp
0 Kudos

So I have been checking the tracking on my nook a little obssessively. Finally arrived at my local UPS hub yesterday, and today says it is out for delivery. I am hopeful, but the reality is, we got 23 inches of snow this weekend and the roads are still horrendous. Not sure if my much anticipated new toy will make it today or not...

Contributor
Gyokuro
0 Kudos

I've been checking mine obsessively too, but the status on the ups site hasn't changed since it left Seacaucus NJ at 1 am on the 5th. With the way the weather's been, there's no telling where it is. Right now, I would be happy to just get a status update. :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

Well, I got snowed out of work today.  I teach at a community college in north Missississippi and the one inch of snow on the ground as caused the admins to cancel classes. 

Yeah,  I get to stay home and read on the nook.  I managed to read about 300 pages last night while the Siants were winning.   Hope to finish off my 1200+ page book today.

New User
kat13c
0 Kudos

Purchased my Nook on January 17th.  And patiently waited for the February 12th shipping date.  Got the email on Feb. 4th telling me it had shipped.  It arrived on my doorstep on Feb. 6th.  I had pre-purchased books on it waiting to be read when I first turned it on.  After downloading the new software and working out some kinks.  My "Nookie" is working beautifully. I put my own screensavers,, wallpapers and music on it.  The speakers aren't great, but with headphones it's pretty good.  I have so many great books waiting for me that I can't read them fast enough. 

Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/02/08/barnes-nobles-nook-e-reader-hit-stores/?utm_source=feedbur...

According to Foxnews, B&N is planning to have nook in stores before Valentine's Day.  Nice to know i get this info from Fox instead of from B&N

Frequent Contributor
SirTomster
0 Kudos

nook delivered to my home and I went and picked it up.  Uncased it and now it is charging behind me.  So I will be ready to start rolling when I get off of work.

Awesome case too.  Have to keep it in case I ever have to ship it somewhere besides with me. 

now to see if I can leave it alone for the next 2 1/2 hours left here at work. 

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

edUcateMS wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/02/08/barnes-nobles-nook-e-reader-hit-stores/?utm_source=feedbur...

According to Foxnews, B&N is planning to have nook in stores before Valentine's Day.  Nice to know i get this info from Fox instead of from B&N

Considering the fact that this info was posted on B&N's own Unbound blog this morning, and the B&N ebook twitter feed, I think it's more a matter of where you're choosing to get your information rather than where the information is actually available.  

Contributor
ericDylan
0 Kudos

just received my nook in the mail. waiting on it to update... so excited :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
SmilinGirl
0 Kudos

ericDylan wrote:

just received my nook in the mail. waiting on it to update... so excited :smileyvery-happy:

Great!  Best wishes and I hope all goes well in your nook experience! 

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
--Groucho Marx
Contributor
dborja
0 Kudos

Mine got delivered today! It was waiting for me on the table when we got home from watching a basketball game. I applied a skin on the front but didn't do the back; then I put on the Industriell cover. It looks cool! It's now charging and should be ready when I wake up in a few hours.

Ordered on Jan 22 evening.

abp
Contributor
abp
0 Kudos

God bless my UPS man!! He actually made it to my house with my nook yesterday with the terrible road conditions we have here in PA. Got it all registered and updated with no problems. Love the Industriell cover I chose too!

Contributor
Gyokuro
0 Kudos

I finally got a status update. Mine has made it to memphis, two hours away, but now it's stuck there because of adverse weather conditions. It's becoming quite a saga:smileysad: