Contributor
ctsoxfan
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 12 Orders

Don't get mad, but I ordered mine yesterday and had it in my hands not even 24 hours later! Charging now

Reader
imizamb
0 Kudos

i also received my shipping notice this morning...

heres a link for you guys whose shipping info says recieved...ups basically tells you how many days it should take for you to get your package

http://www.ups.com/maps

good luck

Reader 4
vllygrrl
0 Kudos

Woo hoo!  It came!!!  I charged it before I took my little guy to the doctor, now he's in bed and I'm happily playing with it!

My only complaint is with UPS - every delivery we've ever gotten they have left either by our garage or front door (our house is set back a good way from the street).  I found the nook on the ground by the mailbox when I went to bring in the mail!  Anybody walking down the street could have picked it up!  :smileymad:

I got the hang of the "swipe" immediately - now I'm just waiting for my Javo Edge cover and decalgirl skin to arrive...poor nookie is naked!

Contributor
TinaB62
0 Kudos

OOOOO its in Oak Creek. 90miles away..... Jumping up and down now...will it make tomorrow????

New User
cspoons84
0 Kudos

I got my nook about an hour and a half ago!  It shipped tuesday with an original arrival date of 2/5, but was updated the day it shipped to arrive today (2/4) and sure enough it did.  UPS left it right outside my door.  I obsessively checked their tracking site on my iphone for the past 2 days until it came.  I got the hang of the controls and started buying ebooks within 10 minutes.  The most difficult part was getting my nook out of the packaging.  Love it so far....happy birthday to me!

Contributor
NMinTN
0 Kudos

I've been nooked!  My nook arrived this afternoon.  I charged the battery, registered, purchased a book  and  was reading in less than 1/2 hour and loving it.   I purchased mine at a B&N on Jan. 18th.  Good luck to the Class of Feb. 12

Reader 2
S0lman_Grundy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ordered my nook yesterday evening. Just got the shipping confirmation that it's on its way. I'm excited. This will be my first eReader.

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

NMinTN wrote:

I've been nooked!  

LOL, me too!! Just got home from work and it's charging! I'm so happy :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
drakefinx2604
0 Kudos

Omg, I come home now at 6:15 pm and it still hasn't arrived - it's been 3 days :smileysad:  Does UPS ever ship this late?

SUNNYVALE, CA, US02/04/20108:26 A.M.OUT FOR DELIVERY
 02/04/20105:07 A.M.DESTINATION SCAN
SUNNYVALE, CA, US02/03/201010:13 P.M.ARRIVAL SCAN
- drakefinx2604
Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

I've had them come by my house between 7:00pm and 7:30pm before.

New User
Polarstarr
0 Kudos

I got my shipping notice yesterday. I bought my Nook on Jan 26 in a B&N store. It should be delived on Monday. I am so glad they are shipping early. In time for my B-day. Just checked my email, My Oberon cover will be here tomorrow. Congrats to all Class of Feb 12 who already received their Nooks.
Contributor
drakefinx2604
0 Kudos

Awesome, it finally arrived!  Didn't know UPS shipped this late.  My day is officially complete :smileyhappy:

- drakefinx2604
Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

Woohoo! Charged, registered. Got my wallpapers and screensavers on it. Successfully loaded The Physik Book of Deliverance Dane from my local library/Overdrive! Yay, I'm loving this!

Contributor
MrsAmanda7
0 Kudos

I have my charged nook in my hands.  Thank you to Barnes and Noble for the most amazing device ever!  I love it!  Why didn't I order it in December????  :smileyhappy: 

Congrats to all who have gotten their nooks! 

I can't figure out the finger swipe.  Can anyone explain to me how to do this? 

Thanks!

Very happy nook reader

Frequent Contributor
SmilinGirl
0 Kudos

LeilaniLK wrote:

I just received my nook last night and if your experiences with it are anything like mine, you all will love it.  I registered it with no problem and as soon as I was done I was able to find all of the books that I had bought in my library.  I spent all last night reading.  This is the first time I have been able to tear myself away from it to post something here.  Good luck to all of those still waiting, whether on notices, the big brown truck, or the postman.

Thanks for the update LeilaniLK! Glad to hear the experience is everything we hoped it would be! My nook is spending the night with UPS in Louisville, but it should be home tomorrow!!!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
--Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
BeckyJoBM
0 Kudos

Now I see on the Nook site...B&N has them in stock and ready to ship....so I suppose that means if anyone wants one, they can have it in days.  Kind of cheapens the experience doesn't it.

Oh, well I think it just makes getting it all the better and fun.

Reader 2
gibbynd
0 Kudos

Am I the only one getting my shipped via Argus Direct/USPS?  I feel like everyone else is getting theirs shipped via UPS.  This is not fun.

Contributor
Bkelley02
0 Kudos

Mine was Shipped Argus/USPS and it was shipped on Wednesday and I received it on Thursday.  I'm pretty close though as it only traveled from NJ to CT.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

gibbynd wrote:

Am I the only one getting my shipped via Argus Direct/USPS?  I feel like everyone else is getting theirs shipped via UPS.  This is not fun.

Cheer up, I was shipped via Argix Direct/USPS. THe nook was shipped on a Thursday evening and delivered by USPS Friday afternoon.

Contributor
sstephenson17
0 Kudos

Got to play with my nook late Thursday night.  The packaging was very secure but if you read the instructions, you should have no problems.  Registration was a breeze.  Earlier in the day, I downloaded one ebook to my account.  After registering, it appeared in my library along with the free books that come with the nook.  I also got a subscription to the LA Times, which gave me Thursday's edition right away.  Woke up Friday morning, checked the Daily and saw that Friday's edition was downloaded at 5:20AM.  Hopefully that is going to be the norm, which will allow me to cancel my paper subscription and save me $15 a month.  Also, I just purchased two books directly from my nook.  Less than a minute later they are in my library. 

A couple of observations:

1.  It is my understanding that newspaper subscriptions have a 14 day free trial.  However, my credit card is showing pending charges of $9.99 and $1.00 from Barnes & Noble.  I'm going to assume it is just to check that my subscription will go through as a charge on my card.  If it is still there on Tuesday, I will contact customer service to find out what's going on.

2.  I tested the nook on three separate occasions at my local Barnes & Noble.  Once in December, twice in late January.  I forgot to check what software version they had.  I noticed that my nook is turning pages noticeably faster that the store demos.  Perhaps the store demos had the old software still?

3.  Also received my Oberon cover.  Sky dragon in black.  This case is absolutely beautiful.  I was hesitant to spend that much on a cover but the demonstration video sold me.  The nook fits securely and looks to be well protected.  The look, feel, and smell of the cover tells all your senses that this is a piece of fine craftsmanship.  Would highly recommend it to anyone with a nook.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the nook.  I will get a chance this weekend to read for an extended amount of time so I'll post my thoughts after.  Hope everyone gets their nook soon.