Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 12 Orders

It is pinned!  It's the bottom one.  The threads that are pinned to the top get pinned in the order they're created. 

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Looks like "thoughts on the board" is the last pinned thread. I'm hoping it's not pinned because we're going to get our nooks so fast, it won't matter! lol *crosses fingers*

Contributor
Valerie85
0 Kudos

lol yeah that'd be cool with me lol

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

lol we need them fast!!! :smileyvery-happy:

as of 1:04pm EST it does not appear to be pinned

im also seeing thoughts on the boards as the last pinned thread

Frequent Contributor
Adenium
0 Kudos

Just called my local store and ordered my Nook today after a month of anguish watching the reviews come in.  I am still more than a bit worried about these increasing reports of back/forward buttons developing cracks, but will get a Squaretrade warranty and hopefully it'll be OK.  I don't want to wait months and months to see if they change the plastic used. 

Hopefully we get ours shipped early, but with the mysterious next update already on them as well.

Have been drooling over Oberon covers in the meantime, but if I spend that much on a cover my Nook had better last a good long time.  

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

I have been looking for this thread (I tried starting one but no one responded). I am excited about getting my Nook. My FI ordered mine as a gift and I've already started looking at books.

Contributor
MEgalUprooted
0 Kudos

I'm from the class of Feb 1, but my daughter is a member of your class. I ordered on 26 Dec received my ship notice this weekend and UPS updated today with delivery tomorrow!!!

Mine will be here almost 2 weeks early. So hopefully you will all receive yours early as well.

Inspired Correspondent
Mosier42
0 Kudos

Originally a class of Feb 1, but due to a billing mistake (completely my fault) I'm now with you guys in Feb 12.  Not sure if I can handle the extra week and a half, but I've been waiting since November so what's another half month.

Since I was originally in the 2/1 group I followed that thread almost religiously, especially since it recently spun into complete chaos.  I'm hopeful that the early shippers in the 2/1 group continue through the week and we get bumped up a week or so.  Also hoping that we're the last shipping class and that after us everyone will be able to get them shipped without wait.

While I wait, I'll continue adding to my eBook wishlist (it's starting to get out of control)...

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

Mosier42 wrote:

Originally a class of Feb 1, but due to a billing mistake (completely my fault) I'm now with you guys in Feb 12.  Not sure if I can handle the extra week and a half, but I've been waiting since November so what's another half month.

Since I was originally in the 2/1 group I followed that thread almost religiously, especially since it recently spun into complete chaos.  I'm hopeful that the early shippers in the 2/1 group continue through the week and we get bumped up a week or so.  Also hoping that we're the last shipping class and that after us everyone will be able to get them shipped without wait.

While I wait, I'll continue adding to my eBook wishlist (it's starting to get out of control)...

LOL, yeah my wishlist is getting crazy! So far though, I've been good. I haven't actually bought anything yet. It's given me a good excuse to get all those classics I've been meaning to get to. It's so hard waiting! That really sucks you got bumped into our group, but I'm really hoping they'll be done with Feb 2 by the end of this week, then it'll be on to ours next week! I'm trying to stay realistic though and only expecting Feb 12...

Contributor
Traci_M
0 Kudos

whew.. now i don't feel alone in my obsessive compulsive checking to see if my nook is being shipped! I finally committed last thursday after long agonizing months of waiting to see how the software and  hardware user reviews started trickling out! Glad to be here in this *class* hoping we all see an early *graduation*!

Inspired Correspondent
Mosier42
0 Kudos

LOL, yeah my wishlist is getting crazy! So far though, I've been good. I haven't actually bought anything yet. It's given me a good excuse to get all those classics I've been meaning to get to. It's so hard waiting! That really sucks you got bumped into our group, but I'm really hoping they'll be done with Feb 2 by the end of this week, then it'll be on to ours next week! I'm trying to stay realistic though and only expecting Feb 12...

ehh, my own fault.  My wife told me she would call CS and get them to move me back into the 2/1 group (since it was my x-mas gift) and I just laughed at her.  I suggest everyone check out that thread to see what Armegeddon looks like on a help board, at least what it would look like if we were all deprived of our electronic reading devices.  Of course, all of us in the 2/1 thread laughed when the same thing happened to the 12/15 group so I guess I'll just wait for the "stuff" to hit he fan on this thread to too :smileyhappy:.

Contributor
Valerie85
0 Kudos

shhhhhh don't jinx us lol.... we'll be just fine and if someone gets theirs shipped before me but paid after me.... i'll just let it go... zen baby lol hopefully they'll have everything figured out by then ya think?

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate

lol lets not turn this into a entitlement fest like the Feb. 1 thread :smileytongue:

Remember, B&N doesn't owe us anything before Feb 12th, though it would be nice to get them early - and at this point I think its just luck if you do...

Contributor
KyleMcD
0 Kudos

I don't know how you guys can stand the wait! I'm looking at about 6 or 7 more hours before UPS drops off my nook, and its driving me crazy!

Contributor
Valerie85
0 Kudos

I can't stand it lol.... but my parents bought me and my sister a wii too so I've been consoling myself with that for now lol although I keep checking my email just incase they decided to get a massive shipment in of nooks and decided to ship them all at once haha... yeah I know... wishful thinking lol

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate

lol i cant stand it either... ive been trying to pass the time by messing with calibre and some website rss subscriptions - its really great software, im trying to learn the coding for automatic news fetching

Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

As a member of the Feb. 1 class, I want to thank you for making fun of our thread.  Just kiddin'!  LOL

Yes, we are all extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY, anxious to get our nook and our range of emotions run the gamut.

I think this Feb. 12 thread is so cute.  I feel you all are our little brothers and sisters.  HA!

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

EastCoastBird, 

I agree with what you said.  I wondered where you went.  It can be pretty intense on Feb 1 board. but not as bad as the boards regarding Dec shipments.

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate
0 Kudos

"I feel you all are our little brothers and sisters.  HA!"

Hey! I'm a big boy now :smileytongue:

Reader
jalsina
0 Kudos

I placed my order on Jan 14th, after a long mental fighting between the Kindle and the Nook. I´m getting mad at all this waiting!! :smileymad:

Finally, I will be a proud owner of a Nook!:smileyhappy:

The thread is not yet pinned down