Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate
0 Kudos

Re: Feb. 12 Orders

yeah - i think for some reason the mods/admins see it as pinned but we dont

Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

dreamcatcherSM wrote:

EastCoastBird, 

I agree with what you said.  I wondered where you went.  It can be pretty intense on Feb 1 board. but not as bad as the boards regarding Dec shipments.

Hi, dreamcatcherSM...sorry--I've been reading our class' posts to keep up, but been posting in other threads.  I just posted a note to you there, though.

I haven't really been reading the Dec threads, but I imagine the stress level was high because of the gifting that people were wanting to do...

Correspondent
EastCoastBird
0 Kudos

skatekarate wrote:

"I feel you all are our little brothers and sisters.  HA!"

Hey! I'm a big boy now :smileytongue:

LOL!  :-)

Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

I feel so left out because our class's thread is not pinned.     I hate having to scroll through all the posts to find it.

I wish this board had better organization.  As an OCD maniac, the the jumbled mess of the eBook boards is discouraging. 

Frequent Contributor
C8H10N4O2
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I agree.  This board could really use a makeover eventually.  A separate section for various sub-forums would greatly improve this place.  It's could be relatively easy and just like most other forums.

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

I don't read the Dec boards now but had been during Dec.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

dreamcatcherSM wrote:

EastCoastBird, 

I agree with what you said.  I wondered where you went.  It can be pretty intense on Feb 1 board. but not as bad as the boards regarding Dec shipments.

Isn't that the truth, our 2/1 thread is not nearly amusing for outsiders as the 1/11 thread was!  :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate
0 Kudos

Just wanted to share this article about what to do while waiting (pretty basic stuff though):

http://nooktalk.net/how-to/learn-about-the-nook-tutorials-and-more

Contributor
sstephenson17
0 Kudos

Searched today and the thread is still not pinned.  I'm going with the theory that ours will be shipped so early that a thread isn't needed, lol.

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

I was doing good about not checking my order until I joined this thread. Now I look every other day so I guess I'm not doing too bad. I've already started my wishlist and ordered a cover. Now I just wish my Nook would hurry up. I'm crossing my fingers for an early delivery.

Inspired Correspondent
Mosier42
0 Kudos

Judging by the Feb 1st class I think you/we may be in luck.  It appears that they started shipping super early to that class, and while there doesn't appear to be much rhyme or reason as to who's getting it when it looks pretty continuous.  Hopefully that means B&N is catching up with demand and there will be a more steady flow of Nooks going out.

Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

skatekarate:

What to do while waiting:

1. Stare obsessively at the expected ship by date; waiting for it to be updated.

2.  Twitter about what books you can't wait to read.

3.  Read the forums constantly, looking for the first person in your class to get a shipping notice.

4. Curse the first person to get a shipping notice.

5.  Calculate that person's shipping address and order date(probably not useful, since it's not FIFO) and derive your estimated shipping date.

6.  Cures yourself for not buying the book because "you're getting a nook" and now you have tons of spare time in which you could read that book.

7.  Stare obsessively at the expected ship by date.

Inspired Contributor
dessine
0 Kudos

lol, yep sounds right :smileywink:

I check these forums at least twice daily and check my order status almost every hour lol.

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

lol :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy: :smileysurprised:

Contributor
Valerie85
0 Kudos

hahahahahahahhahahahahaaha that list really made me laugh... it's funny cause it's true lol

Contributor
Traci_M
0 Kudos

laffin.. there is comfort in numbers.. now if ya don't mind.. i am goin to go stare at my ship date again!

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

Funny. I can't say I've done all those things but they sound pretty tempting while waiting.

Inspired Contributor
skatekarate
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

here's a pretty cool firefox addon for those of you that are super obsessive:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3028

it will keep refreshing a page until a certain text that you select changes, and it will notify you when it does

lol, so who's gonna set this up right now on his/her order status page and leave it running until we get our notices (probably at least a week) :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
SmilinGirl
0 Kudos

I've been following the board here for weeks now and I have been waiting in anxious anticipation for you to add the Class of Feb 12!  This means I am one step closer to receiving my nook!  I ordered it on January 10!

I must say that I have learned so much from this discussion board.  The "wisdom of crowds" benefits us all.  It is so nice to read that everyone is helping each other out with tips and user generated help.

Based on a tip on this board, I ordered one of the Oberon leather covers--Sun in red was my final choice.  There are so many nice ones to chose from that I found it hard to narrow it down!  According to the update on the homepage at www.oberondesign.com, "The week of January 25th we hope to ship orders placed between January 8th -12th. Orders placed the week of January 18th will ship the first week of February."  So my cover should arrive a week or so before my nook. 

I think I am also going to order one of the kandle clip-on lights for ereaders available from Amazon.   Several others on this discussion board have recommended it and the reviews are very good.

It's almost like Christmas!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
--Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO!   we got pinned!

I guess some admin finally noticed

now if you don't mind, I'm going to install the addon skatekarate mentioned so I don't have to work so hard staring obsessively at my ship date.