Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
PepaLou
0 Kudos

Re: First Nook Book?

First nook-books (in order):

1)  The Lovely Bones

2)  Shutter Island

3)  Dead in the Family (book 10 of the Sookie Stackhouse series)

4)  A Touch of Dead (collection of short stories in the Sookie Stackhouse series)

5)  Abraham Lincoln:  Vampire Hunter

6)  The Lost Symbol

7)  A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes)

I've had my nook since early March and am now on my 25th book (Pride and Predjudice and Zombies).  Some were bought, and some were checked out from the library.  I have yet to use the lend me feature though.  My best friend has a nook and she wanted to borrow one of my books, but it turns out it isn't lendable :-(.  Oh well...

Brasil #1
Proud owner of "COUNT NOOKULA"!
Stop adding more crap to my nook! If I wanted a do it all POS, I would have bought an Ipad!
Frequent Contributor
Sir-Nooks-A-Lot
0 Kudos

PepaLou wrote:

First nook-books (in order):

1)  The Lovely Bones

I have yet to use the lend me feature though.  My best friend has a nook and she wanted to borrow one of my books, but it turns out it isn't lendable :-(.  Oh well...

PepaLou, my 2nd book on the Nook was The Lovely Bones! :smileyhappy:

Also, if you are on Facebook, there are a few good "groups" specifically for people with Nooks who are looking to borrow or have something to lend. One is called "The Nook Ownner's Book Exchange." I have lent a few of my lendable books that way, and also a borrowed a few!

"He could brush his teeth for hours, because of the mirror--looking at himself, trying to figure out a way to be." - John Irving, The 158-lb Marriage
Frequent Contributor
Tuff_Gong
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My friend gave me a bunch of books that were in a different format, and I  used calibre to convert them to epub. Fountainhead was one of those books. :smileyhappy:

*When you are replying to somebody's post, how do I add that person's post onto my post which I am replying to?

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." -Kurt Vonnegut
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Tuff_Gong wrote:

*When you are replying to somebody's post, how do I add that person's post onto my post which I am replying to?

Hit the green "Quote" button to the upper right of the text box -- it will import the entire post into your response.  Once the post you're answering appears there, you can edit it to delete the parts you're not answering.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
teacherguy66
0 Kudos

First nook book: Vegan Freak: Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World by Bob Torres and Jenna Torres.  I just bought it and started reading it yesterday with my wifi nook, which just arrived on Tuesday.  (yay!)

Frequent Contributor
Killsocket
0 Kudos

Just cruised through Animal Farm for my second Nook book. 

Trying to decide what is next? Lord of the Flies? Less Than Zero? Red Badge of Courage? All on my radar! Probably Red Badge of Courage. It is free and free is good. 

Inspired Correspondent
CyborgQueen
0 Kudos

SHissong wrote:

The first book I read on the Nook was

Stand

ME TOO!! Ironic eh? I was GRATEFUL to know that it had a dramatic price drop.  When I first wanted to start The Stand, I thought it would be easier to read on an eReader, so it started my search for which ones...and I love B&N, so why not. After discovering that The Stand was $40 something (NO LIE!), I didn't get the Nook, and got the Paperback instead. I was mad and my hands hurt with holding it up in bed. After a while, I decided to just get the Nook, then at that time, The Stand dropped the price to $8.09.  

I had to report to B&N about how The Stand only had "BOOK ONE". They fixed it and now I have the full book.

Sadly - it's been unread for a while. Maybe I should start with a smaller Stephen King book! One day, I'll finish it...

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time Series #2)

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Reader
arkady1972
0 Kudos

Just purchased my NOOK last week and my first  ebook was the

Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

Contributor
Waylay
0 Kudos

This was the first book i got for my Nook.

Frequent Contributor
juneau
0 Kudos

The first book I read in its entirety on the nook was "Dragonflight" by Anne McCaffrey. I'm now working on "Dragonquest".

The first book I started reading was "Alice in Wonderland", but I wasn't a big fan of the formatting so I switched over. I'll have to track down a better copy.

Frequent Contributor
elsie_kev
0 Kudos

The first book I read was:

Circle Trilogy 3 in 1  

It is 3 books of a 4 book series

Contributor
Vincent_Vega
0 Kudos

I just got the wi-fi only Nook last week after seeing the new $149 price. That got me off the sidelines.

I had to finish the paperback I was in the process of reading before I started an e-book. Well, as of last night, I am reading reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy on the Nook

New User
Mickulz
0 Kudos

My first ebook was:

Last Words

Contributor
cjmacs
0 Kudos

First books have been:

1) The Passage

2) Girl With Dragon Tattoo

3) Girl Who Played With Fire

4) Currently reading Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Haven't read this many books in one year let alone one month.

Correspondent
jasmayer
0 Kudos

Stuff 

I actually had read it in DTB, but my mom wanted to borrow it. I decided that I'd give her the old one and I'd buy it in e-book as a symbolic purchase. (Part of the reason I bought the Nook was to help me with organization and getting rid of extra clutter - I'm not a hoarder, but I probably could be in another life...)

Contributor
ThatsSoYou
0 Kudos

I am currently reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I've only had my nook a few days and have been very busy so it's not finished yet. :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
irandamay
0 Kudos

The first book I bought was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but the first book that I read was The Help.  Technically, "finished reading".  I had been reading it on my iPhone and was about 1/3 of the way through, and then I transferred it to my Nook when I got it last week.  Now I'm working on the first one I bought. :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
h2oskierc
0 Kudos

A Patriot's History of the United States.

I was under 100 pages in after over a month of reading the paper book (too heavy, bothered my neck and shoulders to read it), and now after having my Nook since Friday I am almost to page 300.  Wish I had more time to read, now that I can actually read for more than a half hour at a time.

Frequent Contributor
dee_deefl
0 Kudos

pride and prejudice

I'm a sucker for happy endings.  :smileywink: