Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
sheilatn
0 Kudos

Re: [OT] Apostrophes

I broke my left wrist June 9, had a plate and screws put in on July 1, and have been in so much pain since then that I am only typing the simplest words.  I purchased a nook because I could hold it with one hand.  I used to be proud of my grammar, spelling etc, but now I am just grateful to be typing at all.  Hunt and peck is not fun but just responding is bringing me joy.  I have spent many hours just reading all the enjoyable posts on this forum.  Thanks Frog, Doug et al.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@sheilatn

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

Thanks for posting through your pain -- get well soon!

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Frequent Contributor
_deb_
0 Kudos

I think some of our guys are being a bit hard on themselves i.e. ABthree, Alan, etc.  If the intent of the poster is sincere and well meaning or the question/comment is legitimate and not a repeat of one asked just two threads prior, they are not overtly critical on grammar.  I have seen many many constructive responses to questionably structured inquiries. 

A smart person may judge one's intellilect by their grammar skills, but a true judge of character realizes that as an indicator of education alone, not true intelligence.

Hope to see you later at...