Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
KBinLDO

For Nook Users with 2Wire--email from 2Wire Support

I thought I was doomed to a lifetime of updating my Nook in the McDonald's parking lot, but I got an answer from 2Wire about connecting my Nook to my home system. Here it is. I tried it & it worked!  The "password" is not the password you use to log into your 2Wire account; it is the "key" referred to below.

All you need to do to connect any device to your 2Wire gateway wirelessly is to use your Nook network setup in Wireless mode to locate the SSID of your network and enter the WEP key when prompted. 

The SSID, or network name, will be 2WIRE###, where ### is the last three digits of the Serial Number, or SN, off the sticker on the HomePortal. 

However, you'll need the key in order to connect to the network, because the network is locked, or security enabled. The key is the ten digit number located between [square brackets] just a bit below the SN. If your client manager wants technical information, then it is a 64bit WEP hexadecimal key. 

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Re: For Nook Users with 2Wire--email from 2Wire Support

This is great news (yay your NOOK works!) and great of you to share it!

If you don't mind, you might want to add it to this thread:  http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Technical-Support/Configuring-various-Wi-Fi-routers-plea...

New User
Mike7736
0 Kudos

If you still cannot connect to your  (AT&T) 2Wire router, after getting the correct WEP key, try re-booting the router. That was what was necessary in order for me to connect my Nook to my 2Wire router.

New User
Grace_North
0 Kudos

Thank you SO much for this!!  Finally, 2 months after getting my Nook, I can use it at home!!