Reply
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
Posts: 4,123
Registered: ‎01-27-2010

Re: Former Homicide Detective turned author releases nook-book...

Re:  Review without Reading

 

Lord knows, I'm not trying to censor anybody, and I don't even know what the individual posted (I have the whole "Etiquette" gang on my Ignore List, so I mercifully don't have to see any of their posts), but could we maybe move on and stop hijacking the thread?

 

I don't think there's any doubt anymore that a lot of us find the behavior reprehensible. 

 

Just sayin'  :smileyvery-happy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
Posts: 312
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Former Homicide Detective turned author releases nook-book...


AlanNJ wrote:

The funny thing is that thanks to EarthAngel the author has probably sold more books than he ever would have from his initial post.  :smileyhappy:


Hmmm, perhaps the author owes EarthAngelrn2003 a cut of his 'profits'? :smileysurprised:

Inspired Wordsmith
gstone
Posts: 1,317
Registered: ‎09-05-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Former Homicide Detective turned author releases nook-book...


ABthree wrote:

Re:  Review without Reading

 

Lord knows, I'm not trying to censor anybody, and I don't even know what the individual posted (I have the whole "Etiquette" gang on my Ignore List, so I mercifully don't have to see any of their posts), but could we maybe move on and stop hijacking the thread?

 

I don't think there's any doubt anymore that a lot of us find the behavior reprehensible. 

 

Just sayin'  :smileyvery-happy:


What do ya know. I didn't know it worked that way. I thought it only blocked private messages. :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
shilohMD
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎12-09-2010

Re: Former Homicide Detective turned author releases nook-book...

 


AlanNJ wrote:

The funny thing is that thanks to EarthAngel the author has probably sold more books than he ever would have from his initial post.  :smileyhappy:


FWIW...I just bought the book...just because... (and I expect to enjoy it, dammit!)

 

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Distinguished Wordsmith
MWorrell
Posts: 307
Registered: ‎04-05-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Former Homicide Detective turned author releases nook-book...

 


AlanNJ wrote:

The funny thing is that thanks to EarthAngel the author has probably sold more books than he ever would have from his initial post.  :smileyhappy:


 

No kidding! He must be loving this...

 

I have too many books to read currently but hope to carve out time to try this one.

 

I don't to heap more criticism on the person who initially objected to the book, but I would point out that the Bible if full of (probably) worse content and uses real names and locations. That's not a criticism of the Bible, because to me that's partly what makes the Bible authentic. Just sayin'.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
Posts: 4,123
Registered: ‎01-27-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Former Homicide Detective turned author releases nook-book...

 


gstone wrote:

ABthree wrote:

Re:  Review without Reading

 

Lord knows, I'm not trying to censor anybody, and I don't even know what the individual posted (I have the whole "Etiquette" gang on my Ignore List, so I mercifully don't have to see any of their posts), but could we maybe move on and stop hijacking the thread?

 

I don't think there's any doubt anymore that a lot of us find the behavior reprehensible. 

 

Just sayin'  :smileyvery-happy:


What do ya know. I didn't know it worked that way. I thought it only blocked private messages. :smileyhappy:


Me either, and it seems to be spotty.  Some of them get through.  I those cases, I just read the posts I want to read, then hit "Show Thread as Read" and it clears the rest. :smileywink:

 

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+