Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

Forums: (Another) New Community Manager

Hello All-

Hope you had a nice weekend! I have some really exciting news to share – our team is growing! 

I’d like to introduce Alex (BN_AlexG) who is joining our NOOK  forums as a community manager.  Alex knows about all things NOOK, and is going to help answer your questions here in the forums as well as by PM.

Please reach out to him as your day-to-day contact for NOOK questions and support.  And, as always, we’ll continue to keep you posted on the latest NOOK news and announcements.

I hope you’ll join me in welcoming Alex to our NOOK  team!

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
0 Kudos

Re: Forums: (Another) New Community Manager

Hi All,

I’m thrilled to join the NOOK  team as your community manager. I come to you with a background in digital support services and a passion for all things NOOK.

I’ve learned by working with Sam over the last few weeks that all of you posting here are really knowledgable about everything NOOK.  Many of you enjoy sharing how you use your NOOKs, brainstorming and providing suggestions for new features, and offering advice and helping each other when you have questions. I think that’s what makes this community really special and, like Sam, I look forward to hearing and responding to your feedback.

My goal here is to help you troubleshoot and provide assistance as quickly as possible. While I may not be able to answer all your questions or reply to every post right away, I will do my best to give you as much information as soon as I can. I’ll also be collecting suggestions about what you’d love to see on  NOOK, so please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts with me.

On occasion, and only when necessary, I may also remind you of our Community Guidelines. As part of my role, I do have the authority to delete posts which violate these terms (for a refresher:  http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Help-Book-Clubs-My-B-N/Book-Clubs-User-Guidelines/td-p/5).

I will generally be on the boards between 9am – 6pm, Monday through Friday. Of course, feel free to PM me at anytime or post within the “Ask your Community Manager” board and I’ll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

I’m excited to be part of the  NOOK community. Please feel free to comment below, ask questions or PM me.

Best regards,

Alex G

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Welcome to the forums, Alex!  :smileyhappy:

Just to clarify, we can find you 9-6 Eastern Time?

Sam - does this mean we won't see you anymore?

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

I will be here to share all of our latest and greatest NOOK annoucements while Alex will be your day-to-day contact for your NOOK troubleshooting and questions. 

And yes! He will be here from 9am - 6pm each day .

BN_AlexG
0 Kudos

That's correct keriflur, 9a - 6p Eastern :smileyhappy:

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Correspondent
sharno22
0 Kudos

Hi Alex! Looking forward to working with you!

BN_AlexG
0 Kudos

Likewise sharno22!

:smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

And on my behalf, welcome to our nook community.

Lector GS
Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Hello and welcome Alex.... All the best in your new endeavors...

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh