Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
humbugTM
0 Kudos

Free Fridays nook books

What happened to the free Friday nook books? I can no longing get them on my First Edition Nook.

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Re: Free Fridays nook books

Please provide more details about "I can no longing get them"

• Are the books appearing on your account, but the reader isn't downloading them?
  • Have you tried downloading the "Free Friday" eBooks using a B&N software reader on a computer or tablet?
  • Do the books appear on your account when you view your purchases on the B&N web site?
  • Do you get an email acknowledging your "purchase" at the email address associated with the B&N account?
  • Can you search for the "Free Friday" eBook by title or author using the search function on the reader?

Or are you simply not receiving announcements identifying the "Free Friday" eBook?

Reader
humbugTM
0 Kudos

I have downloaded many of the free Friday Nook books in the past and some of them have been pretty good. But for the last several Fridays I have not been able to find them on my Nook. I have not tried " using a B&N software on a computer". But, now when I enter "Shop" on My Nook and turn airplane mode off and go to the bottom of the page I can not get to the next page. I have also tried going to "the daily" with no luck.

Inspired Correspondent
jaquellae
0 Kudos

If you look at the top right of any page on the forums, you'll see a "blogs" link. Click on that, then the "the Nook Blog" and you should be able to find the post for the Free Friday book there.
Inspired Contributor
robertVA

Just be careful about compatibility when shopping for electronic publications on the B&N site using a web browser. Some aren't compatible with Nook First Edition, Nook Simple Touch (with or without glow light) and many of the B&N apps for computers and non B&N tablets. Look for a compatible devices link near the price.
Reader
humbugTM
0 Kudos

For some reason, I can not seem to find the "blogs" link at the top right of the page. What am I missing?
Reader
humbugTM
0 Kudos

I found the "blogs" link. Thank You,